Moving threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Moving threads
How come when threads are moved and I click on the link in the message I get a not found error instead of a link to where it's been moved?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2015, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 07:18 PM by JDog554.)
RE: Moving threads
(01-10-2015 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How come when threads are moved and I click on the link in the message I get a not found error instead of a link to where it's been moved?

Link probably still routes to the old url of the thread and when it's moved there is no redirection generated on the old url to the new one.

Edit: If that does not make sense, imagine you have two rooms with doors, imagine one room was a bedroom and another was an empty room. Then imagine you moved the bedroom to the other room. The first room would then become empty and when you went through the first rooms door it would not take you to the bedroom it would take you to the empty room, you would have to go to the new bedrooms door to get to the new bedroom.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Probably what jdog said.

Unless you're talking about something else and I'm not following.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-10-2015, 07:54 PM
I always go to View today's posts and never have a problem. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-10-2015, 08:04 PM
When moving a thread, there's an option to have a redirect for xx number of days. No doubt, some of us use that option and some don't.

It's a whim thing. And this is a whimocracy.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2015, 01:16 PM
(01-10-2015 07:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Edit: If that does not make sense, imagine you have two rooms with doors, imagine one room was a bedroom and another was an empty room. Then imagine you moved the bedroom to the other room. The first room would then become empty and when you went through the first rooms door it would not take you to the bedroom it would take you to the empty room, you would have to go to the new bedrooms door to get to the new bedroom.

You're not trapping Girly that easily, Pennydog.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 01:22 PM
(03-10-2015 01:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 07:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Edit: If that does not make sense, imagine you have two rooms with doors, imagine one room was a bedroom and another was an empty room. Then imagine you moved the bedroom to the other room. The first room would then become empty and when you went through the first rooms door it would not take you to the bedroom it would take you to the empty room, you would have to go to the new bedrooms door to get to the new bedroom.

You're not trapping Girly that easily, Pennydog.

Damn! You figured out my plan. Back to the drawing board.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze