Moving to Dallas, Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: Moving to Dallas, Texas
(28-06-2013 11:04 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  While not the "south", I find it funny how people poke fun at the south, and texas, but then who shows up every spring break, summer,and 20years later after retiring and buys a house? It's like northerners are in a constant state of exodus.

,(LOL bible puns).

Thats just because with those big fat NY and CA salaries they can retire to the middle states and live like kings.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
(28-06-2013 11:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You mean you weren't already living in Dallas?

I thought you were already living there for some reason.

I was, then moved to Portland, then 4 months later said fuck this.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2013, 08:40 AM
(28-06-2013 11:04 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  While not the "south", I find it funny how people poke fun at the south, and texas, but then who shows up every spring break, summer,and 20years later after retiring and buys a house? It's like northerners are in a constant state of exodus.

,(LOL bible puns).

While not of the 'north' let me hazard a guess. They sell a condo/apartment/room in the big city for what? 500 grand? A full million? I don't know but I have seen unbelievable costs on housing.

So they get their big check, move to Texas and buy a what? A ranch style house, of course. What the heck, like the ones around here - pure educated dead center middle class. 12 miles from a city (about 100,000 pop), 10 minutes away (there is a damn stop sign blocking traffic flow, other wise it would be faster) , 2500 to 3600 square feet or so, ten to forty acres of trees and creek and probably at least one barn. (ten+ is a magic number for land in Texas) There could be an orchard or garden or both.

Estimated value by the insurance company? $200,000. Fortunately my degree was in math, so the equation would be...

$zillion equity - $200,000 new house = only a little less than a $zillion left to enjoy retirement on.

Oh, and to buy a gun.
29-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I've been living in Dallas, now for 10 years.

Moved here when my job in telecom was transfered here. So I didn't have a choice.

This is my second time in the D/FW area. I use to live here back in the 80's working as a rocket scientist in aerospace until the project got cancelled.

Knew what I was getting into when I moved back down from the midwest.

Later,
ElectEngr
30-06-2013, 02:26 AM
(29-06-2013 08:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 11:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You mean you weren't already living in Dallas?

Ohhh poor boy, were the other kids mean to you because you were the new kid?
Sad

Maybe if you got a decent haircut people wouldn't cross the street when they saw you approaching.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
01-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
I am here...to bless the ladies of the dfw metroplex with my essence...
02-07-2013, 06:53 AM
ucks-say o-tay ive-lay in-ay allas-day...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
(29-06-2013 08:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  

You were living in Portland Oregon then moved to Texas? Portland? Portlandia? Bicycle City? Then moved to Texas? You left this green, lush, laid back, "Keep Portland Weird" city and actually moved to hot, dry beige colored Texas?

From Portland I say, "So long". We can now continue to Keep Portland Weird. For those of you who may not know there are bumper stickers and signs all over Portland saying Keep Portland Weird and we try very had to uphold that motto.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
(02-07-2013 10:02 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 08:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  I was, then moved to Portland, then 4 months later said fuck this.

You were living in Portland Oregon then moved to Texas? Portland? Portlandia? Bicycle City? Then moved to Texas? You left this green, lush, laid back, "Keep Portland Weird" city and actually moved to hot, dry beige colored Texas?

From Portland I say, "So long". We can now continue to Keep Portland Weird. For those of you who may not know there are bumper stickers and signs all over Portland saying Keep Portland Weird and we try very had to uphold that motto.

Laid back? Who is laid back in Portland? All the port landers I knew admitted to the fact that portlanders are high strung.

I honestly never met, saw, talked to anyone in Portland that was laid back.
02-07-2013, 03:26 PM
(02-07-2013 10:02 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 08:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  I was, then moved to Portland, then 4 months later said fuck this.

If you were serious about that motto, you never wouldda let I∧I leave the city. Dude's as weird as they come. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post