Moving to Dallas, Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: Moving to Dallas, Texas
(27-06-2013 07:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2013 07:20 PM)I and I Wrote:  Dallas has some of the best looking women and getting into them is easier than getting into Devry.

Bah, in Baltimore we got this. ... and crabs, we got crabs. Tongue

WTF is that? A Klingon hooker?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 11:37 AM by ridethespiral.)
(28-06-2013 06:18 PM)morlock Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 02:53 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  According to the motorcycle forum Dallas is home to the worst drivers in the states. Apparently people in giant pickups just cut over 4 lanes at a time without the use of blinkers... Would all you Lonestaristas agree?

Pickups have the right of way here over two wheelers. Also, over fire engines and ambulances. If they have a chrome outline fish showing somewhere, they are allowed 20 mph over the posted speed limit.

Oh, yeah. And are allowed to ignore "Don't mess with Texas" signs as long as they are only throwing out Lone Star beer cans.

Lol when I moved to PA 2 years ago pickup truck frequency like doubled...and I keep seeing these giant jacked up pickups with massive tires designed presumably to waste gas and run over other vehicles?

(28-06-2013 10:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Morlock...don't forget a bumper sticker that reads "the 2nd amendment should have been the 1st" or something along those lines and an outline of a deer head sticker on the back window is a sure get out of jail free card, especially if that sticker is pink.

And if you are spotted with the decal of the cowboy AND HIS HORSE kneeling in prayer at a cross...the cops pull you over to give you a cash bonus.

Lol I'd rather that than what we get, I snapped this during my AM commute when I lived in Newark... He love's Puertorican Jesus and fucking like a deranged rabbit. Don't let the FLA license plate fool you that guy is totally Newark NJ....Right down to the Florida license plate.

[Image: van-nolicense.jpg]

(03-07-2013 07:30 AM)BnW Wrote:  I've driven in Dallas and it's like a slow Sunday drive compared to the northeast. People from Dallas and Atlanta complain about driving and traffic like it's something special down there. Trust me, it's not. You know why no one watches NASCAR in corridor from DC to Boston? Because we live it every time we get into a car. When it comes to driving in the northeast, you have two types of pepole: the quick and the dead. You're quick, or you're dead. Commuting on I95 near Philly, or the NJ Turnpike, or pretty much anywhere in or near Boston means doing 75 - 85 mph with barely enough space between the car in front of or behind you for light to pass. Turn signals are optional and most people opt out of using them. Everyone drives like they have the right of way and merges are a total adventure because no one gives an inch. And, something like 40% of the US population lives in that small corridor so you can bet the traffic flow is extreme. You take your life in your hands every time you pull out of your driveway.

I have the added benefit of living outside Philadelphia, home of some of the worst fucking drivers on Earth. Something about Pennsylvania and people not being able to make a proper left turn. They always think they need to cut across the lane to do it. I've almost lost the front end of my car more times than I care to count since I moved here 5 years ago. NJ drivers are the best, though. We can change a radio station, send a text message and cross 5 lanes of traffic in bumper to bumper traffic at 80+ mph without scratching the paint on any car in the vicinity. It's a thing of beauty.

Regarding Portland, I spent a month there on business back in 2001, shortly before 9/11. Based on my experiences in both Portland and Dallas, anyone who leaves Portland for Dallas doesn't deserve to be in Portland. Portland is awesome. Dallas is just a flat, hot, boring metropolis with really high strung Christians. No thanks.

Yeah I've lived and worked all over NJ. Official speed limit 55, but it's really about 85...and when you mix NJ power commuters with PA yokels doing 60 in the left lane.... My personally philosophy is that if I'm coming up quickly on danger at all times at least danger isn't coming up quickly on me at all times. I'll place a higher wager on my driving ability and the capabilities of my vehicle than on yours and your vehicle.

I moved to PA recently though, and I have to say I fear for my life far less on the bike in PA then I do in North Jerz (South is not so bad)...and I won't even get on the Turnpike (I used to commute it for 3 hours a day and I know better).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 07:07 PM by Hughsie.)
So this is what I & I left behind in Portland to move to Tex-ass.

[Image: PDX-Hood.jpg]

The annual World's Naked Bike Ride through the streets of down town Portland. Ties are optional. We also have the Zombie Walk in the downtown area. This isn't something you'd see in Texas. Well, maybe the zombies but not the naked bikers.

Content Removed

[Image: t460x279.jpg]

Most of the time Portland is a pretty normal place but this is a way we deal with the rain.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
(03-07-2013 03:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So this is what I & I left behind in Portland to move to Tex-ass.

[Image: PDX-Hood.jpg]

The annual World's Naked Bike Ride through the streets of down town Portland. Ties are optional. We also have the Zombie Walk in the downtown area. This isn't something you'd see in Texas. Well, maybe the zombies but not the naked bikers.

[Image: 1245063233-world-naked-bike-ride-london87215_87215.jpg]

[Image: t460x279.jpg]

Most of the time Portland is a pretty normal place but this is a way we deal with the rain.

Yeah, Portland is a nice town, sans the dreary weather.

Portlandia was a pretty good satire of the culture.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
03-07-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 04:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
Much as I like boobies, dancingwithmyself, no images of areola or genitalia allowed (minors be about and legal implications and unwanted attention from the authorities and shit and whatnot). Photoshop some pasties on that image and it'd be okay. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
(03-07-2013 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Much as I like boobies, dancingwithmyself, no images of areola or genitalia allowed (minors be about and legal implications and unwanted attention from the authorities and shit and whatnot). Photoshop some pasties on that image and it'd be okay. Wink

So sorry. I thought about that as soon as I hit the post button. My apologies to everyone on the forum. How do I put pasties on the gals?

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
(03-07-2013 04:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Much as I like boobies, dancingwithmyself, no images of areola or genitalia allowed (minors be about and legal implications and unwanted attention from the authorities and shit and whatnot). Photoshop some pasties on that image and it'd be okay. Wink

I can't seem to fix the problem with photoshop. It's not working or something. Can you just delete the photo? Oops

03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
(03-07-2013 05:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

I can't seem to fix the problem with photoshop. It's not working or something. Can you just delete the photo? Oops

Fuck if I'm gonna do it even if I could, Girly likes boobies. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-07-2013, 07:28 AM
I’ve lived in a lot of potentially violent cities in this country (e.g., Houston, Philly, LA, Detroit), but I have never lived in a place that was quite like the Dallas-Fort Worth (i.e., DFW) area. In most areas, one can avoid violence if one remembers to not be a jerk (i.e., exhibit respectful manners) and use some common sense. As a result, I have on occasion shared beers and polite conversation with bikers, gang-bangers, etc…even though I make it a habit not to hang out with these people (for they really are trouble). Nevertheless, common sense and good manners have served me well as far as keeping out of trouble.

The Dallas-Fort Worth (i.e., DFW) area is the exception. Without a doubt, the DFW area routinely exhibits the most bizarre type of violence I have ever seen: the totally unprovoked physical attack. Sometimes, this type of attack takes the form of a robbery where the victim gets shot and executed no matter how cooperative they’ve been. Sometimes, someone is peacefully eating dinner in a restraunt when someone tries to jump them and beat them (this almost happened to me). I knew a guy who got shot for not giving a stranger his fish while he was fishing at Lake Worth.

Therefore, what I am describing is an “Out of Nowhere” physical attack disguised as a robbery, a verbal disagreement, or some other kind of Bull Shit. The primary objective is not the so-called property crime – it is the assault.

Now, if someone told me they were just minding their own business and driving down the road and some guy pulled up next to him and started yelling at him and pulled a gun and shot at his car….I’d say he was full of shit and that he somehow made a bad situation worse and contributed to the melee. But not if it happened in the Dallas-Fort Worth area: shit like that happens a lot.
04-07-2013, 07:32 AM
Damn, I have been in the Dallas area for 7 years and I love it here. Husband has been talking about us moving back to SC and I say you will have to drag me kicking and screaming. Of all the places I have lived, I like the metroplex the best.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy