Moving to Dallas, Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
In Oregon there may be less churches but one can still see plenty of them, the U.S. is more religious and conservative then most people think.

In Oregon they make up for it by the new age woo woo types.

In the south a pussy joke is ungodly and looked down on, in Oregon a pussy joke is sexist and looked down on. The same bullshit rules and restriction only using different methods, there are many examples like that.

And no, the people in Dallas are alot nicer, in Portland they aren't mean, but they aren't nice either. I grew up in south Dallas (ask anjele about that area) I was never scared or never encountered people that refused to talk to other people. In Portland people are more conservative socially, quiet and way too serious about life, they probably need weed.

Has anyone here seen the crazies of Portland?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Moving to Dallas, Texas
(02-07-2013 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a few DFW travel rules...stay away from 635 and 35, period, end of story. In fact, if the road ends with a 5, stay off it.

I went to Dallas today - had to hit the Apple store for supplies and I used both 635 and 35, so I can say you are dead wrong. The proper statement is that "If you value your life, NEVER use those roads between 07:00am and 10:00am." And if you are on them in a two wheeler, you should be certified and locked away. I was in a Texas sized truck and my fingers still won't open without pain, hours later. The steering wheel barely survived my grip.

I knew better, but thought I might beat the odds.
[+] 1 user Likes morlock's post
09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Re: RE: Moving to Dallas, Texas
(09-07-2013 03:07 PM)morlock Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 05:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a few DFW travel rules...stay away from 635 and 35, period, end of story. In fact, if the road ends with a 5, stay off it.

I went to Dallas today - had to hit the Apple store for supplies and I used both 635 and 35, so I can say you are dead wrong. The proper statement is that "If you value your life, NEVER use those roads between 07:00am and 10:00am." And if you are on them in a two wheeler, you should be certified and locked away. I was in a Texas sized truck and my fingers still won't open without pain, hours later. The steering wheel barely survived my grip.

You know what's even crazier? I met a few people that said they rode motorcycles down I-35 at 130mph... I don't hang out with them, let alone ride with them. I'm not a fan of attending funerals...

Better without God, and happier too.
09-07-2013, 03:30 PM
(09-07-2013 03:07 PM)morlock Wrote:  

I just ran to the bank and was hearing on the radio how bad 635 is already...haha...tomorrow I have to go see a doctor downtown though...will have to carefully plan my route.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
(09-07-2013 03:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 03:07 PM)morlock Wrote:  I went to Dallas today - had to hit the Apple store for supplies and I used both 635 and 35, so I can say you are dead wrong. The proper statement is that "If you value your life, NEVER use those roads between 07:00am and 10:00am." And if you are on them in a two wheeler, you should be certified and locked away. I was in a Texas sized truck and my fingers still won't open without pain, hours later. The steering wheel barely survived my grip.

I just ran to the bank and was hearing on the radio how bad 635 is already...haha...tomorrow I have to go see a doctor downtown though...will have to carefully plan my route.

You can ride with me.....
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
10-07-2013, 06:51 AM
I&I, how do I put this without sounding mean..? Consider

She's too good for you.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Moving to Dallas, Texas
(10-07-2013 06:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I&I, how do I put this without sounding mean..? Consider

She's too good for you.

You thought I was serious?
10-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I try not to think about what you are thinking about.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
06-08-2013, 02:06 AM

Darn right about 635. Don't know if it's still true, but at one point that road had more deaths per mile than any other in the country.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
06-08-2013, 07:45 AM
But, but... why would anyone choose to live in DFW when Wacko is just down the street? I mean, we're famous for so many things - Branch Davidians, bovine-enhanced water, worst tornado in Texas history, birthplace of Steve Martin (never mind that I just now learned of that last fact), and we boast a single skyscraper! Hell, this is where Dr. Pepper got started, for Chrissakes! Not to mention the city's biggest attraction - me.

Guess I'm not the center of the universe after all. No Sadcryface Sadcryface2 Weeping