Mr Deity's response to the Pope.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: Mr Deity's response to the Pope.
(18-01-2015 04:29 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 04:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Lol that video was great. I like that guy, me and him would get along very well.

yoooou didn't watch all Mr Deity vids yet?
whut??

That is an act of blasphemy punishable by death.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
18-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Well I don't care about religion so I don't watch religious based youtube videos.
If you were to look at my youtube history it would be 90% music, 5% video game related videos, 1% Who's Line is it Anyway videos and 4% accidentally clicking on advert videos.
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 04:45 PM
(18-01-2015 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well I don't care about religion so I don't watch religious based youtube videos.
If you were to look at my youtube history it would be 90% music, 5% video game related videos, 1% Who's Line is it Anyway videos and 4% accidentally clicking on advert videos.

You don't have to care about religion sure, but that is also like leaving a campfire unattended.

You should at least watch this one because it is very relevant to the defense of freedom of speech. Mr Deity isn't just saying he has the right to pick on religion, yes he is aiming it at the Pope, but he could be aiming it at a politician or celebrity as well.

Blasting the Pope is no different than blasting Un for demanding censorship.

The point of that video is keep humans off a pedestal, not to tell them to go away, or even be blasphemous every second of the day. Mr Deity is simply saying "never" in using censorship as a tactic, is not an option in a free society.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
18-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Quote:You should at least watch this one

I did watch it.
18-01-2015, 08:22 PM
It's interesting and true but gets old quickly. He's kinda shtick; plays to the character too much.

I'd rather read a post by gwg any day.

But dude is right that's a really fucked up thing for a pope to say, though unsurprising.
18-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Ah I loved it when I saw it come up on my youtube sub list.

I've loved the Mr. Deity and other bits like this Brian has been doing for years now. I think it's some of the best just funny mimicking work of just how goofy some belief systems must be if actually acted out by people. He gives the Yaweh figure that human bizarre action qualities that really exist in the bible but get ignored unlike how greek gods human qualities and flaws are highlighted.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-01-2015, 09:06 PM
For 1000 years, before John XXIII put a stop to it, HIS Church's Good Friday liturgy (which HE HIMSELF no doubt presided over many times) referred (in Latin) to the "perfidious Jews". That's not hypocritical. Not at all.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-01-2015, 12:32 PM
That video was a waste.

First of all, larding it up with all that name calling weakened it to the point of dismissal. All that name calling only says you don't think your message will be received as persuasive unless you help it by insulting the person you're trying to persuade. Right. Isn't that exactly the type of stupidity we revile in religion?

But most important, it was directed at a man who is met by millions of adoring admirers everywhere he goes. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING you can say to such a person who will see any reason to pay it heed when all he has to do is step out onto his porch and be instantly hailed by crowds that fill an entire city. The only way to get through to someone like that is to fix it so when he makes an entrance only five people show up.

But if you've succeeded at that, there's no need to say anything to that man because he's hasn't got any influence.

Obviously, the party to persuade is not the leader but the followers.

And crafting a message intended for the followers that mocks the leader can be powerful. So don't hobble its power by larding it up with name calling. All that does is persuade your audience you really don't have much to say.
19-01-2015, 01:25 PM
(19-01-2015 12:32 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  That video was a waste.

First of all, larding it up with all that name calling weakened it to the point of dismissal. All that name calling only says you don't think your message will be received as persuasive unless you help it by insulting the person you're trying to persuade. Right. Isn't that exactly the type of stupidity we revile in religion?

But most important, it was directed at a man who is met by millions of adoring admirers everywhere he goes. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING you can say to such a person who will see any reason to pay it heed when all he has to do is step out onto his porch and be instantly hailed by crowds that fill an entire city. The only way to get through to someone like that is to fix it so when he makes an entrance only five people show up.

But if you've succeeded at that, there's no need to say anything to that man because he's hasn't got any influence.

Obviously, the party to persuade is not the leader but the followers.

And crafting a message intended for the followers that mocks the leader can be powerful. So don't hobble its power by larding it up with name calling. All that does is persuade your audience you really don't have much to say.

Waste? How?

If you didn't like it that is fine. But it is never a waste to blaspheme power. Humans create social order through power structures and give those social constructs names like "religion" "Political party" "nationality" and "business model" and "economic view". To give any of those a taboo is to give them a pedestal. The mere act of doing it is an act of freedom to remind people no one is the center of the planet or universe.

Insulting power is vital to a free society, that is not to say it is a blanket tactic always, but you have to allow for it.

19-01-2015, 02:24 PM
When I saw the link I thought I'd already seen this Fuck the Pope video before but then I realized I was wrong. There's a different video called "Fuck the Motherfuckin Pope". See the difference there? ThumbsupThumbsup Um... let's compare and contrast the two videos, shall we. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.