Mr. Walker and The Dark Phoenix: The Emotional Factor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Mr. Walker and The Dark Phoenix: The Emotional Factor
My inner Deepak Chopra is verbose today.
[/quote]

And what is the fucking change?
[/quote]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2014, 08:02 PM
LOL I love this bullshit:

(25-06-2014 04:55 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  My journey from atheism to Christianity was a long one my friend. On that journey I examined every major world religion, various philosophies and the more popular non-religious worldviews for clues as to which, if any, were true.

Please, Jermy, do tell what you know of the Buddha's [i]paticcasamuppada and how it relates to the Four Noble Truths.[/i]

Quote:The above is itself, a claim to knowledge. You claim to know that Christianity does not offer knowledge but belief without knowledge for its own sake.

What evidence do you have for this claim?

The evidence that your fairy tale stories are fairy tale stories, ripped off from hundreds of other cultures' fairy tale stories.

Quote:You did not know me when I was an atheist.

You were never an atheist.

Quote:You are pitting Christianity against reason, logic, and evidence but have given no reason to think they are contradictory to one another.

What part of Faith is without reason do you refuse to understand.

Quote: When you throw out God, you throw out the grounds that would vindicate your particular set of morals when compared to the morals of a serial rapist. You are left adrift in a sea of opinions.

[Image: 80d.gif]

Oh, yes, here you go again with the old canard that has been destroyed a thousand times over since you got here. Do you wake up in the morning and not remember a fucking thing that ever happened to you in your life?

Quote:Even if I believed in Christ because this belief satisfied some emotional need of mine, that does not make my belief false.

Strawman much? It certainly doesn't make your belief rational, or anything BUT irrational.

Quote:I am not ashamed to say that Christ DELUSION fulfills all my needs, emotional needs included.

Fixed that for ya.

Quote:For truth.

No truth in fairy stories.

Quote:God has proven to me that He exists and that He is Good. I cannot speak for you.

God has proven Himself to me to be worthy of worship. I cannot speak for you.

And away we go with the outright lying again. So trot your fairy tale monster out here for us, and have it prove its existence to all of us, once and for all, or shut the fuck up with your lies.

Quote:I was once an atheist. Now I am a follower of Christ. I once was blind but now I see.

"I was once all fucked up on drugs. But then I found Tha Lawd. Now I'm 'all fucked up on Tha Lawd."

Hobo

Quote:I typically use arguments supported by empirical evidence and philosophical arguments when talking with atheists about the existence of God because they usually place a great emphasis on empirical evidence and logical argumentation.

You clearly don't have a fucking clue what empirical evidence is.

AND you are a liar.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-06-2014, 08:11 PM
(25-06-2014 05:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Attempting to show a belief to be false by appealing to how it originated is to commit the genetic fallacy.

Christians may believe in God for any number of reasons, fear, love, adoration, some fulfillment of emotional need.

But appealing to how the belief in God originated to argue that it is false is a genetic fallacy.

Anything that you do not have a good defense or answer for you throw out the fallacy flag. Come on dude, you are not stupid so just be honest and read again what you just posted. It makes no sense in regard to what the OP was about. You just want it to be true so god damned bad that you will not be honest as to why people are drawn to religion.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
25-06-2014, 08:17 PM
(25-06-2014 08:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 05:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Attempting to show a belief to be false by appealing to how it originated is to commit the genetic fallacy.

Christians may believe in God for any number of reasons, fear, love, adoration, some fulfillment of emotional need.

But appealing to how the belief in God originated to argue that it is false is a genetic fallacy.

Anything that you do not have a good defense or answer for you throw out the fallacy flag. Come on dude, you are not stupid so just be honest and read again what you just posted. It makes no sense in regard to what the OP was about. You just want it to be true so god damned bad that you will not be honest as to why people are drawn to religion.

Fallacies are fallacies. Then only remedy for them is to correct the error in reasoning and reformulate the argument.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

This genetic fallacy avoids the argument by shifting focus onto something's or someone's origins. It's similar to an ad hominem fallacy in that it leverages existing negative perceptions to make someone's argument look bad, without actually presenting a case for why the argument itself lacks merit.

So the genetic fallacy is aimed at showing that Christian's beliefs are false by appealing to how some people allegedly came to be believers in Christ which is simply irrelevant to whether or not the belief itself is true.

I may have been peeing in my pants out of sheer fear and terror at the prospect of an eternal hell when I became a Christian. This does not mean that my belief is false. It does not mean my belief is true. It means I was peeing in my pants out of sheer fear and terror at the prospect of an eternal hell when I became a Christian.

Hypothetically speaking of course.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeremy E Walker's post
25-06-2014, 08:25 PM
(25-06-2014 08:17 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 08:11 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Anything that you do not have a good defense or answer for you throw out the fallacy flag. Come on dude, you are not stupid so just be honest and read again what you just posted. It makes no sense in regard to what the OP was about. You just want it to be true so god damned bad that you will not be honest as to why people are drawn to religion.

Fallacies are fallacies. Then only remedy for them is to correct the error in reasoning and reformulate the argument.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

While it is good that you are yourself apparently attempting to learn something about the many, many, many fallacies you have been committing during your time here, your continued dishonest an disingenuous use of whatever little knowledge you might have gleaned has not changed one iota.

It has already been pointed out to you that this is not a genetic fallacy and that how you came to cling to your superstitions is quite relevant here.

Quote:This genetic fallacy avoids the argument by shifting focus onto something's or someone's origins. It's similar to an ad hominem fallacy in that it leverages existing negative perceptions to make someone's argument look bad, without actually presenting a case for why the argument itself lacks merit.

Yeah, and you are committing a Fallacy Fallacy. Look THAT one up, dipshit.

Quote:So the genetic fallacy is aimed at showing that Christian's beliefs are false by appealing to how some people allegedly came to be believers in Christ which is simply irrelevant to whether or not the belief itself is true.

It certainly illustrates that your beliefs are NOT RATIONAL, and again, DP said nothing in his OP about your superstitions being false BECAUSE of how you came by them.

Quote:I may have been peeing in my pants out of sheer fear and terror at the prospect of an eternal hell when I became a Christian. This does not mean that my belief is false. It does not mean my belief is true. It means I was peeing in my pants out of sheer fear and terror at the prospect of an eternal hell when I became a Christian.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Irrelevant red herring.

25-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I call dibs on Walker once he's open for a debate in the boxing ring.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
25-06-2014, 09:22 PM
(25-06-2014 09:01 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I call dibs on Walker once he's open for a debate in the boxing ring.

OH YEAH, RIGHT -- I KNOW YOU, You just want to get him alone in a room and fuck him every which way but loose. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Jeremy is the gayest man in the world . Being gay is nothing wrong and it's natural . Jeremy is craving for giant dicks but he is living in the closet. Jeremy you can't be a hardcore crazy christian and super gay . You should come out of the closet and forget about this christianity madness OKAY?Thumbsup
25-06-2014, 09:38 PM
(25-06-2014 09:31 PM)Leo Wrote:  Jeremy is the gayest man in the world . Being gay is nothing wrong and it's natural . Jeremy is craving for giant dicks but he is living in the closet. Jeremy you can't be a hardcore crazy christian and super gay . You should come out of the closet and forget about this christianity madness OKAY?Thumbsup

I'll put on my skirt and thigh-high stockings and ask Charis and\or Losty and\or some other girl on this forum for makeup help and corset tightening. Jessie is excited to help Jeremy through his repressed feelings. Drooling

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
25-06-2014, 09:45 PM
I think you can do it . Jeremy needs a little push to embrace his gayness.Smile