Mr. Woodpecker, c'mere, please. I need to show you something.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2014 01:54 PM by kingschosen.)
RE: Mr. Woodpecker, c'mere, please. I need to show you something.
(28-04-2014 01:46 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol my bad.

It's the "A Christmas Story" one that they sell in Walmart during Christmas. Yeah, it's the spring loaded one.

yeah, that one probably won't do more than scare/piss the bird off unless you get a really lucky shot. I don't have much knowledge of woodpeckers, so I don't know if it will figure out that your house = ouchie or if it will forget and come back.

Shoot it with the Daisy and see. If it keeps coming back, get a more powerful air rifle and take it out. If not, everyone wins, even the bird. Mostly.

I would really like to just line my house with firecrackers that blew up on impact.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding POW

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 01:59 PM
(28-04-2014 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:46 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  yeah, that one probably won't do more than scare/piss the bird off unless you get a really lucky shot. I don't have much knowledge of woodpeckers, so I don't know if it will figure out that your house = ouchie or if it will forget and come back.

Shoot it with the Daisy and see. If it keeps coming back, get a more powerful air rifle and take it out. If not, everyone wins, even the bird. Mostly.

I would really like to just line my house with firecrackers that blew up on impact.

You could use something like Picric Acid. Laugh out load

It's pretty stable as a liquid but once it's dry, it will go off at the slightest impact. A teacher I had many years ago coated the floor in this stuff during lunch break. He painted himself back to his desk and laughed as students started coming in the door and setting off little "pop" all over the place. He'd probably be arrested today, but it was great fun when he did it.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
28-04-2014, 02:09 PM
(28-04-2014 01:59 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would really like to just line my house with firecrackers that blew up on impact.

You could use something like Picric Acid. Laugh out load

It's pretty stable as a liquid but once it's dry, it will go off at the slightest impact. A teacher I had many years ago coated the floor in this stuff during lunch break. He painted himself back to his desk and laughed as students started coming in the door and setting off little "pop" all over the place. He'd probably be arrested today, but it was great fun when he did it.

Ummmm

Bomb disposal units are often called to dispose of picric acid if it has dried out.

28-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Shocking

This thread has convinced me that Murikans are completely insane.

How about building a bird post/table and let the kids appreciate something beautiful?

Give them a prize for the best shot of the bird.

And shot = photograph... not kill-shot.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-04-2014, 02:16 PM
(28-04-2014 02:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Shocking

This thread has convinced me that Murikans are completely insane.

How about building a bird post/table and let the kids appreciate something beautiful?

Give them a prize for the best shot of the bird.

And shot = photograph... not kill-shot.

How are you supposed to kill a woodpecker by taking a picture of it?

Pffft. And we're the crazy ones?

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
28-04-2014, 02:17 PM
(28-04-2014 09:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 09:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You could always try praying it away.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: Hahaha_No_Owl.jpg]

It's Gawd's Plan that that woodpecker bang away at your siding every morning. It is the bird's Predetermined Destiny.

Don't fuck with Gawd's Plan.

BTW IIRC woodpeckers are protected. You can't just go shooting any ol' bird.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-04-2014, 02:19 PM
(28-04-2014 02:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 01:59 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You could use something like Picric Acid. Laugh out load

Ummmm

Bomb disposal units are often called to dispose of picric acid if it has dried out.

I was, of course, joking. Coating your house in any type of explosive would be a REALLY bad idea, not to mention probably illegal. The teacher I was talking about was a highly trained chemist who knew how to properly handle such a thing and dispose of it. In one solid chunk, yeah, you shouldn't go anywhere near dried picric acid. However, in an extremely thin coating, it won't even give you a surface scratch.

DLJ, why? How does getting rid of a pest make us insane? The problem isn't the mere presence of the bird. If it were just knocking on a tree in the yard, it probably wouldn't bother KC as much and wouldn't need removed. However, when it's constantly pecking at your aluminum siding, it is a pest and needs to be removed. A bird post isn't going to do anything to stop it from pecking the house.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
28-04-2014, 02:24 PM
(28-04-2014 02:17 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(28-04-2014 09:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: Hahaha_No_Owl.jpg]

It's Gawd's Plan that that woodpecker bang away at your siding every morning. It is the bird's Predetermined Destiny.

Don't fuck with Gawd's Plan.

BTW IIRC woodpeckers are protected. You can't just go shooting any ol' bird.

Well those are bold words.

Doesn't seem to be anything stopping a woodpecker full of pellets from being in god's plan either. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
28-04-2014, 02:31 PM
(28-04-2014 02:19 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
DLJ, why? How does getting rid of a pest make us insane? The problem isn't the mere presence of the bird. If it were just knocking on a tree in the yard, it probably wouldn't bother KC as much and wouldn't need removed. However, when it's constantly pecking at your aluminum siding, it is a pest and needs to be removed. A bird post isn't going to do anything to stop it from pecking the house.

I think you are missing my point.

I'm saying that KC is the pest and the bird should have the right to bare arms (although I guess it would incapable of flight if it had) or whatever it says in that constipation document.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-04-2014, 02:34 PM
(28-04-2014 02:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...bare arms...

[Image: 2_bare_arms.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post