Mueller impanels grand jury

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Mueller impanels grand jury
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impanelled a grand jury to investigate Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

The move is seen as a sign the investigation into election interference and possible collusion with the Trump campaign is heating up and entering a new phase. Reuters also reported that grand jury subpoenas have been issued in connection with the meeting Donald Trump Jr. had with a Russian lawyer and others last year. 

Source : Fox News

Grand juries allow prosecutors to subpoena documents and get witness testimony on the record. They also can seek indictments. 

Ty Cobb, special counsel to the president, said that he was not aware that Mr. Mueller had started using a new grand jury.

At least some of the subpoenas were for documents related to the business dealings of Michael T. Flynn, the retired general who briefly served as President Trump’s national security adviser. Mr. Flynn is under investigation for foreign lobbying work, as well as for conversations he had during the transition with Sergey I. Kislyak

Source : NYTimes

I fully expect a Saturday Night Massacre Part II

Oh no. He's here - God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Mueller impanels grand jury
(04-08-2017 09:57 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  I fully expect a Saturday Night Massacre Part II

Republicans and democrats alike have literally warned trump off that. There is a law in the oven that will allow congress to re-instate Mueller if trump fires him.

Trump may well explode one day and do it anyway, we'll see how stable/unstable he is.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-08-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: Mueller impanels grand jury
(04-08-2017 10:24 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 09:57 AM)Cypher44 Wrote:  I fully expect a Saturday Night Massacre Part II

Republicans and democrats alike have literally warned trump off that. There is a law in the oven that will allow congress to re-instate Mueller if trump fires him.

Trump may well explode one day and do it anyway, we'll see how stable/unstable he is.

They're staying in pro forma session where 1 senator will show up for 1 minute every 3 days and recite the Lord's Prayer to deliver us from evil to keep Trump from recess firing Sessions.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post