Poll: Would an optional spring theme be neat?
Absolutely I love spring
NO! Get off my lawn!
Yes, to whatever the question was just bc I love Losty and she is so awesome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Muffsy can I has spring please! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 07:59 AM by Im_Ryan.)
RE: Muffsy can I has spring please! :D
(22-03-2014 10:45 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 11:02 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  So you just want the background image? Not a full theme?

Of course I want a full theme. If you come up with a design I will implement it with colours you choose, etc.

If it's just a background image - yeah I can do that.. but wouldn't really be impressive.

Okay, just the way your wording this is confusing. I have a copy of MyBB, I can make the theme and give you a copy of the CSS files and images used. You'll need to make a few changes for your plugins of course, but I'll be doing most of the work.

Do you want that, or a picture and color palette? I don't care either way, one way or the other someone has to do the CSS coding Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 07:58 AM
(24-03-2014 06:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 03:22 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  What do you need in terms of specs? Almost anything can be changed, though certain presentations wouldn't work very well.

Mostly it's about being user friendly and a layout that utilises the screen space efficiently and is neat and clean looking.

At least that is what I'm going for when I originally modified this theme.

To create a site theme isn't just pure photoshop. It would require at least a basic understanding of html, so you can identify images in a page, come up with a concept, and give it to me with required image files etc.. Not so easy for one who hasn't done this before.

Me - I'm more focused on the site code. I'm terrible at photoshop. I can use photoshop but it would take me heaps longer than someone with experience. Also picking the right colours and tweaking layouts, size and positioning is a separate artform to writing code, etc.

All I need to know is what are the dimensions that you need. I've never done work specifically for a website before. So should everything just be in standard 72 DPI? What is the maximum size for a background image? What are the dimensions and format used for the buttons and icons?

I'm not looking to reformat the forum, I already like the layout. I just figured some people just wanted a palette swap and maybe some themes background images (that tiled well without obvious seems) and some themed buttons. I figured a lot of the border stuff can be changed through HTML and are not separate images in and of themselves. I'll try to make things uniform, and provide mock-up images of possible color palette combinations to match the images; although I'll admit it's been a while since I've taken color theory.

Just let me know what would be the easiest for you to essentially drag and drop into the current format. If that's simply not possible, then don't hesitate if there is anything that you may need help with. I've worked with video editing, game engines, and professional print media. I know that not having worked in web is a little weird all things considered, but I've adapted to different formats before and I do understand the need to make the art fit the format.

As far as I know, we are not here to reformat the forums, just give it some makeup so to speak.

When you work with web images, start at 72dpi, 1280x720 (at least for the background). Then do what you gotta do. When you finish, slowly decrease the ppi until you find the balance of legibility vs file size. What's the point of having a 300dpi image that no one can load?
Another easy trick for gradient images is to cut them into little pieces so you still see the gradient, then just repeat x (or y) in the CSS and you'll keep the full effect while (once again) reducing load time.
Just google this stuff, it's all over the web. I also believe their are sites dedicated to helping you choose color palette (colorpicker.com or something), making web gifs and reducing image size for web implementation. Google is your friend Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon
24-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Losty, sorry, but I have to admit something to you... I didn't even start your theme Sadcryface
Friday I was too tired after work, Saturday I was at a concert from 10am-12:30am, and Sunday I had family stuff to deal with. Today I'll be busy, but I'll try and start tomorrow, I won't turn into muffsy I promise Blush

Atir aissom atir imon
24-03-2014, 08:39 AM
(24-03-2014 08:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Losty, sorry, but I have to admit something to you... I didn't even start your theme Sadcryface
Friday I was too tired after work, Saturday I was at a concert from 10am-12:30am, and Sunday I had family stuff to deal with. Today I'll be busy, but I'll try and start tomorrow, I won't turn into muffsy I promise Blush

Waaaahhh Weeping

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-03-2014, 08:46 AM
(24-03-2014 08:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 08:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Losty, sorry, but I have to admit something to you... I didn't even start your theme Sadcryface

Waaaahhh Weeping

I sowwy Sadcryface2

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
24-03-2014, 08:50 AM
(24-03-2014 08:46 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 08:39 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Waaaahhh Weeping

I sowwy Sadcryface2

Mother Nature sent me that same note this morning. Hey I know it's supposed to be spring but I had a long winter I forgot to bump up the thermostat and turn of the snow. So it's 23 and snowing here Weeping

I will forgive you because I love you. But I fucking hate Mother Nature and I hope she gets flesh eating crabs.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-03-2014, 09:05 AM
(24-03-2014 08:50 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 08:46 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I sowwy Sadcryface2

Mother Nature sent me that same note this morning. Hey I know it's supposed to be spring but I had a long winter I forgot to bump up the thermostat and turn of the snow. So it's 23 and snowing here Weeping

I will forgive you because I love you. But I fucking hate Mother Nature and I hope she gets flesh eating crabs.

Heart Blush
If you want, you can choose the background image, or tell me what you are looking for and I can try and make it Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
24-03-2014, 09:15 AM
[Image: 30914E9C-9C60-4F1E-A085-18FCBD41BCDC_zpsagovqjtw.jpg]

Think spring Smile

24-03-2014, 09:49 AM
(24-03-2014 09:15 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  [Image: 30914E9C-9C60-4F1E-A085-18FCBD41BCDC_zpsagovqjtw.jpg]

Think spring Smile

Haha I know, I was probably going to Photoshop some spring water scene next to a forest or something... I dunno. Just wondered if you had anything specific in mind Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
24-03-2014, 11:03 AM
(24-03-2014 09:49 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 09:15 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  [Image: 30914E9C-9C60-4F1E-A085-18FCBD41BCDC_zpsagovqjtw.jpg]

Think spring Smile

Haha I know, I was probably going to Photoshop some spring water scene next to a forest or something... I dunno. Just wondered if you had anything specific in mind Smile

If you can give me flutterbies and flowers I will be happy Big Grin