Poll: Would an optional spring theme be neat?
Absolutely I love spring
NO! Get off my lawn!
Yes, to whatever the question was just bc I love Losty and she is so awesome.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Muffsy can I has spring please! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: Muffsy can I has spring please! :D
(24-03-2014 11:03 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 09:49 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Haha I know, I was probably going to Photoshop some spring water scene next to a forest or something... I dunno. Just wondered if you had anything specific in mind Smile

If you can give me flutterbies and flowers I will be happy Big Grin

Fair enough Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
24-03-2014, 02:47 PM
(24-03-2014 06:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 03:22 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  What do you need in terms of specs? Almost anything can be changed, though certain presentations wouldn't work very well.

Mostly it's about being user friendly and a layout that utilises the screen space efficiently and is neat and clean looking.

At least that is what I'm going for when I originally modified this theme.

To create a site theme isn't just pure photoshop. It would require at least a basic understanding of html, so you can identify images in a page, come up with a concept, and give it to me with required image files etc.. Not so easy for one who hasn't done this before.

Me - I'm more focused on the site code. I'm terrible at photoshop. I can use photoshop but it would take me heaps longer than someone with experience. Also picking the right colours and tweaking layouts, size and positioning is a separate artform to writing code, etc.

All I need to know is what are the dimensions that you need. I've never done work specifically for a website before. So should everything just be in standard 72 DPI? What is the maximum size for a background image? What are the dimensions and format used for the buttons and icons?

I'm not looking to reformat the forum, I already like the layout. I just figured some people just wanted a palette swap and maybe some themes background images (that tiled well without obvious seems) and some themed buttons. I figured a lot of the border stuff can be changed through HTML and are not separate images in and of themselves. I'll try to make things uniform, and provide mock-up images of possible color palette combinations to match the images; although I'll admit it's been a while since I've taken color theory.

Just let me know what would be the easiest for you to essentially drag and drop into the current format. If that's simply not possible, then don't hesitate if there is anything that you may need help with. I've worked with video editing, game engines, and professional print media. I know that not having worked in web is a little weird all things considered, but I've adapted to different formats before and I do understand the need to make the art fit the format.

It's all in my christmas theme thread in the super top secret section that doesn't exist.
24-03-2014, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 05:49 PM by Chas.)
Panem et circenses. Drinking Beverage

Recede a me, tondere ! Angry

[Image: RomanLegionary_Best.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 05:50 PM
(24-03-2014 05:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Panem et circenses. Drinking Beverage

Not nice Sad
And here I was thinking of PMing you dirty pictures of myself Sad

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-03-2014, 05:59 PM
(24-03-2014 05:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Not nice Sad

Hmmm, humor was lost? That makes me insecure. Gasp

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-03-2014, 10:35 PM
(24-03-2014 05:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  

Not nice Sad

You had my curiosity, but now you have my full attention. No wonder Muffsy wants to keep this to himself Wink

Atir aissom atir imon
24-03-2014, 10:43 PM
(24-03-2014 05:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 05:50 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Not nice Sad

Hmmm, humor was lost? That makes me insecure. Gasp

Meanie Tongue
Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-03-2014, 11:31 PM

[Image: RomanLegionary_Best.jpg]

In English, you know, so us plebeians can understand?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-03-2014, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 06:44 AM by DeepThought.)
(24-03-2014 06:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 03:22 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  What do you need in terms of specs? Almost anything can be changed, though certain presentations wouldn't work very well.

Mostly it's about being user friendly and a layout that utilises the screen space efficiently and is neat and clean looking.

At least that is what I'm going for when I originally modified this theme.

To create a site theme isn't just pure photoshop. It would require at least a basic understanding of html, so you can identify images in a page, come up with a concept, and give it to me with required image files etc.. Not so easy for one who hasn't done this before.

Me - I'm more focused on the site code. I'm terrible at photoshop. I can use photoshop but it would take me heaps longer than someone with experience. Also picking the right colours and tweaking layouts, size and positioning is a separate artform to writing code, etc.

All I need to know is what are the dimensions that you need. I've never done work specifically for a website before. So should everything just be in standard 72 DPI? What is the maximum size for a background image? What are the dimensions and format used for the buttons and icons?

I'm not looking to reformat the forum, I already like the layout. I just figured some people just wanted a palette swap and maybe some themes background images (that tiled well without obvious seems) and some themed buttons. I figured a lot of the border stuff can be changed through HTML and are not separate images in and of themselves. I'll try to make things uniform, and provide mock-up images of possible color palette combinations to match the images; although I'll admit it's been a while since I've taken color theory.

Just let me know what would be the easiest for you to essentially drag and drop into the current format. If that's simply not possible, then don't hesitate if there is anything that you may need help with. I've worked with video editing, game engines, and professional print media. I know that not having worked in web is a little weird all things considered, but I've adapted to different formats before and I do understand the need to make the art fit the format.

Correct!

It sounds like you got the general gist of what is going on.

You are right. It would be easy for me to drop in replacement graphics. Also changing borders, colours and backgrounds doesn't take long either. What I would need from you is graphics and colour palette information. Then I can implement it. To answer most of your questions I would save some of the images you see on the site an work against that. I'm pretty sure you can come up with something better.

Layout changes are time consuming. I remember fiddling with this theme for over a day to get it how it is now. It went through several iterations of user feedback and update till most people were happy.

The button icons come from a creative commons licensed icon set: https://code.google.com/p/famfamfam/wiki/Downloads

I was thinking of implementing it in pure css and just using the icon images directly. It would simplify some things. Changing the style colours and backgrounds would become easy since the icons have the correct transparencies applied which are compatible with both light and dark backgrounds. It would then only involve some changes in css that would instantly change all buttons on the site.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
25-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Oh, here we go... Dodgy

Big ol' cascade of changes until shit don't work worth a fuck no morez. Angry

living word