Multifocal contact lenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Multifocal contact lenses
Does anyone out there in TTA land wear multifocal contact lenses? If so, how are you liking them.

I need reading glasses and glasses also for distance. I wear progressive glasses right now but I'd like to be able to wear contacts and not have to look around for my reading glasses.

I've tried wearing one contact lens in one eye and using reading glasses for up close but I really hate that. I feel lopsided. I've tried wearing contacts for distance and reading glasses for up close but like I said, I have to search for the glasses and even then the reading glasses have to be soooo strong that the letters on the page get all wobbly.

I've worn glasses since I was in 8th grade. I hate glasses.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Multifocal contact lenses
I didn't know 'Bi-focal' contacts existed.

I've been wearing contact lenses for normal vision correction for.. um.. a few decades now...?

If you do go the route of the bi-focals, let folks know. Smile

All the best.
19-07-2015, 11:04 AM
I can't wear contacts...eyes are too dry and other issues.

At my recent eye appointment the doctor wanted me to get 'task specific' progressives in my new glasses. Now, I already wear progressive lenses and have for a long time. So now I was to have one pair for reading or working on the computer and another so I could look up and watch TV...no, no, no - I don't want to have to deal with multiple pairs of glasses.

I have also worn glasses since 8th grade. I have just accepted the fact.

Good luck on your search for better vision.

The surgical options scare the crap out of me - my eyes may be crappy but they are the only ones I have. I knew a guy who had laser surgery and was stuck with double vision for six months until they could operate again. UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
19-07-2015, 11:09 AM
(19-07-2015 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I can't wear contacts...eyes are too dry and other issues.

At my recent eye appointment the doctor wanted me to get 'task specific' progressives in my new glasses. Now, I already wear progressive lenses and have for a long time. So now I was to have one pair for reading or working on the computer and another so I could look up and watch TV...no, no, no - I don't want to have to deal with multiple pairs of glasses.

I have also worn glasses since 8th grade. I have just accepted the fact.

Good luck on your search for better vision.

The surgical options scare the crap out of me - my eyes may be crappy but they are the only ones I have. I knew a guy who had laser surgery and was stuck with double vision for six months until they could operate again. UGH!

Hug
19-07-2015, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2015 11:13 AM by dancefortwo.)
(19-07-2015 10:32 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I didn't know 'Bi-focal' contacts existed.

I've been wearing contact lenses for normal vision correction for.. um.. a few decades now...?

If you do go the route of the bi-focals, let folks know. Smile

All the best.

Yes. They work by having the outer circle of the contact lens be the bi-focal and the center part of the lens is distance vision so theoretically when one looks down to read one is looking through the outer circle of the lens.

My ophthalmologist told me several years ago that they were very uncomfortable but I recently heard that they've been improved. So wondering if anyone on this forum wears them.

I also take ballroom dancing and yoga and it would help if I could see where I was going. I can't wear glasses in dance and yoga classes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-07-2015, 11:14 AM
(19-07-2015 11:10 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes. They work by having the outer circle of the contact lens be the bi-focal and the center part of the lens is distance vision so theoretically when one looks down to read one is looking through the outer circle of the lens.

My ophthalmologist told me several years ago that they were very uncomfortable but I recently heard that they've been improved. So wondering if anyone on this forum wears them.

Ah, interesting.

Nope, I've been wearing 'normal' contact lenses for decades now, though.

Am currently on a type which is 'disposable'. Wear until uncomfortable, throw away and put in fresh ones.

You get six in a box for $45 here.

I'm now at the stage where I have different levels of vision in each eye... So, yeah, I have to buy two boxes. One for each eye's focal power correction.

But... other than a spot of rust... or calcium build up... or oil damage... they've been great! Big Grin

Edit: My first sets of lenses were of the old 'Hard plastic' type which you had to clean with Hydrogen-peroxide. Yah, some fun times were had with that stuff. Learned very early on to 'over' denature the peroxide. Yay the progress of science!

Much cheers to all.