Murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging
I see growth economics being used to excuse and camouflage murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging, to incorporate human and natural resources into a real-life global Monopoly game, where they are being largely monopolized for the self-gratifying interests of the leading players. One way I see for people to help change that is to stop selling their capacities to the highest bidder, and instead look for ways of using them to help improve the world for all people everywhere.

- Jim
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2018, 05:25 PM
RE: Murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging
Here is one for you, not exactly murderous but...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44772686

Quote:According to the Times report on Sunday based on interviews with dozens of meeting participants, US negotiations in Geneva objected to the resolution encouraging breastfeeding around the world and allegedly resorted to intimidation tactics to bully other countries into dropping it.

Quote:American officials allegedly sought to remove the language pushing for global government support of breastfeeding practices and attacked countries that were in favour of it.
Ecuador had planned to introduce the bill, but according to the newspaper, backed out after they were threatened with punishing trade measures and the withdrawal of US military aid.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-07-2018, 05:30 PM
(09-07-2018 05:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  Here is one for you, not exactly murderous but...

Good example. Thank you. The murderous part of the campaigns is in the punishments for non-compliance.

- Jim
09-07-2018, 05:36 PM
(09-07-2018 05:04 PM)jimhabegger Wrote:  I see growth economics being used to excuse and camouflage murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging, to incorporate human and natural resources into a real-life global Monopoly game, where they are being largely monopolized for the self-gratifying interests of the leading players.

At the end of the game of Monopoly, what happens? How many winners?

[Image: tenor.gif]

Well, two actually. There's also the banker who was colluding by slipping the winner extra cash.

But it's a self-regulating system. The game is reset with a redistribution of equity and the next game starts with a level playing field (well, except for the dodgy banker thing).

In human terms the reset usually involves guillotines.

Dodgy

(09-07-2018 05:04 PM)jimhabegger Wrote:  ...
One way I see for people to help change that is to stop selling their capacities to the highest bidder, and instead look for ways of using them to help improve the world for all people everywhere.

These people already exist. They are the public sector workers.

The fundamental issue is the equivocation of "value" and "worth".

I am not impressed by those who are status-driven: faster car, bigger house etc.

Conversations that revolve around "What are you worth?" are the clues to know who to avoid in life.

"What is your value?" is what we could ask ourselves and others. "How much do you give back?", "Do you contribute more than you cost?"

A way to get from the former to the latter would be to start to use metrics like 'social value' in calculations like GDP or company valuations.

This would lead to rewards/incentives (e.g. lower tax) for self-sacrificing, care-giving roles.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-07-2018, 06:09 PM
(09-07-2018 05:04 PM)jimhabegger Wrote:  I see growth economics being used to excuse and camouflage murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging, to incorporate human and natural resources into a real-life global Monopoly game, where they are being largely monopolized for the self-gratifying interests of the leading players. One way I see for people to help change that is to stop selling their capacities to the highest bidder, and instead look for ways of using them to help improve the world for all people everywhere.

You are slowly coming into focus, despite your evasions. While there is much to criticise in capitalism, at present humanity could not support over 7 billion people without it. You have to look at the pluses as well as the minuses to judge something fairly.

And why do you keep starting new threads? You haven't answered the questions from all of those you have started already.
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
09-07-2018, 07:16 PM
(09-07-2018 06:09 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  [quote='jimhabegger' pid='1349844' dateline='1531177468']
You haven't answered the questions from all of those you have started already.

I didn't know that. Can you give me links to the questions I haven't answered, or repeat them for me? I can't find them.

- Jim
09-07-2018, 09:05 PM
(09-07-2018 06:09 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  While there is much to criticise in capitalism, at present humanity could not support over 7 billion people without it.

I don't know if that's true or not. Anyway, I wasn't saying anything about capitalism. Are you equating that with growth economics? I wasn't even saying that there's anything wrong with growth economics in itself. Any ideology can be used to excuse and camouflage any kind of harmful behavior. Growth economics just happens to be part of the ideology that fell into place for excusing and camouflaging murderous worldwide campaigns of plundering and pillaging.

- Jim
09-07-2018, 09:08 PM
(09-07-2018 06:09 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  And why do you keep starting new threads? You haven't answered the questions from all of those you have started already.

It isn't because I haven't tried. If you can find or remember any questions to me that I haven't answered, I hope you'll tell me what they are, in the threads where they were asked.

- Jim
09-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Yeah, starting a whole bunch of threads (esp. when closely related) is considered bad form, actually. Here's a very easy and immediate way of "improving" oneself, I'd say Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
09-07-2018, 09:27 PM
(09-07-2018 09:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, starting a whole bunch of threads (esp. when closely related) is considered bad form, actually. Here's a very easy and immediate way of "improving" oneself, I'd say Drinking Beverage

He should get a dog. They always listen. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.