Murika, You Have My Sympathy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Murika, You Have My Sympathy.
"With Allah's will..." and "Let's pray that..." and similar from government officials are not unusual expressions here too but no Official Prayer Days are evident.

I'm sorry you guys have to experience this.

Sadcryface

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-10-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Murika, You Have My Sympathy.
She'll be running for potus next time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-10-2016, 12:07 AM
(19-10-2016 11:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "With Allah's will..." and "Let's pray that..." and similar from government officials are not unusual expressions here too but no Official Prayer Days are evident.

Sadcryface

When I saw your title I thought you were talking about the presidential debate tonight. It's the most surreal campaign for president I've ever seen. It's like a Saturday Night Live parody but its real.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 5 users Like true scotsman's post
20-10-2016, 01:08 AM
ok i'm game

I pray to the lord Satan......Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-10-2016, 01:08 AM
(20-10-2016 01:08 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  ok i'm game

I pray to the Dark lord Satan......Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-10-2016, 01:50 AM
I have protested the National Day of Prayer invocations taking place on the capitol building steps in Oklahoma City, back in 2002.

They let us have a nice little corner across the street, about 200 meters from the proceedings. And almost as many cops standing between us and them as there were protesters (a few dozen... maybe a hundred).

Apparently they considered atheists a bigger threat to the governor than the entire rest of the perimeter. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-10-2016, 03:18 AM
Americans are a weird mob... Tongue

As recently as thirty years ago, during a press conference in Chicago, (27 August 1987) George H.W. Bush was questioned as per:

Reporter Roger I. Sherman asked Bush, "Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?"

Bush replied, "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

—As quoted by atheist activist Madalyn Murray O'Hair in "Can George Bush, with impunity, state that atheists should not be considered either citizens or patriots? The History of the Issue".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
20-10-2016, 03:21 AM
Maybe she should be thanking Satan for planting all of those primordial fossils in the ground for us to extract.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-10-2016, 04:54 AM
America is just backward. They don't even use the metric system.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2016, 04:59 AM
(19-10-2016 11:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "With Allah's will..." and "Let's pray that..." and similar from government officials are not unusual expressions here too but no Official Prayer Days are evident.

Sadcryface

Oh yay! The governor of the state I live in. Facepalm

I might end up moving to Arizona when I retire, mostly because of the natural beauty in that state, but partially because of chucklefucks like this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post