Mushrooms and the cross?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Mushrooms and the cross?
I am curious on what this is about. Because I don't have money to buy the book, I need other ways to learn about it. So what is this about? Are there papers on the subject? Is the idea incorrect?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Mushrooms and the cross?
(17-03-2016 04:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am curious on what this is about. Because I don't have money to buy the book, I need other ways to learn about it. So what is this about? Are there papers on the subject? Is the idea incorrect?

I'm not seeing a link to a book.

The only thing I've heard about mushrooms and Christianity is that the Book of Revelations was written on the Island of Patmos which some people say has hallucinogenic mushrooms that grow wild and this would account for the crazy stuff written in Revelations.

I tried to verify this mushroom on Patmos story but came up empty. If anyone else knows more about this I'd like to read it cause that's one crazy book.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-03-2016, 05:20 PM
(17-03-2016 05:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 04:29 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I am curious on what this is about. Because I don't have money to buy the book, I need other ways to learn about it. So what is this about? Are there papers on the subject? Is the idea incorrect?

The only thing I've heard about mushrooms and Christianity is that the Book of Revelations was written on the Island of Patmos which some people say has hallucinogenic mushrooms that grow wild and this would account for the crazy stuff written in Revelations.

I tried to verify this mushroom on Patmos story but came up empty. If anyone else knows more about this I'd like to read it cause that's one crazy book.

Well it is certain something drove old John nuts, we may never know what though.
17-03-2016, 05:21 PM
(17-03-2016 05:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sacred..._the_Cross

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Amazon.com seems to carry it
The Sacred Mushroom and The Cross: A study of the nature and origins of Christianity within the fertility cults of the ancient Near East (Inglés) Tapa blanda – 12 nov 2009
de John M. Allegro (Autor), Carl A. P. Ruck (Prólogo), Judith Anne Brown (Prólogo), & 2 más
Sé el primero en opinar sobre este producto
Ver los formatos y ediciones
17-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Bunches of stuff on YouTube

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2016, 06:22 PM
(17-03-2016 05:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sacred..._the_Cross

Fly agaric is the last mushroom I would choose for a ritual eucharist. I know we got a mycologist around here somewhere.

#sigh
17-03-2016, 07:43 PM
There's this.

http://entheology.com/peoples/revelation...ic-vision/

I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing. Some of it seems a little speculative than providing hard facts but, anyway.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-03-2016, 08:15 PM
I do like the question though.

"Was the delusion that millions have today started by people who did too many mushrooms ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
17-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Interesting. Thanks for posting Smile