Mushrooms and the cross?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2016, 12:12 AM
RE: Mushrooms and the cross?
Hah. An earlier, better qualified Ralph Ellis Big Grin Same crankiness though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 04:33 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(17-03-2016 08:15 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I do like the question though.

"Was the delusion that millions have today started by people who did too many mushrooms ?"

Yup. That explains all the bat-crap crazy shit that christards believe. Christardology - a religion based on shrooms. CoolHobo

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
18-03-2016, 06:07 AM
I've heard several times that there are two kinds of psychedelic mushrooms growing near Mount Sinai, and that some people believe that Moses was tripping balls when he claimed to have talked to God.

Of course, this all assumes Moses was a real person and the fact that the stories were finally penned 800 years after the alleged events wouldn't account for even weirder changes to the original stories than mushrooms would.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-03-2016, 07:01 AM
It's just speculation. However, I do find it interesting that Abram/Abraham had lots of cows and seemed to hear voices a lot. The delusions of grandeur are another tell. That time that he came home with a bloody dick screaming that the voices in his head wanted everyone to do this should have been a major red flag.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-03-2016, 07:23 AM
(17-03-2016 07:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's this.

http://entheology.com/peoples/revelation...ic-vision/

I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing. Some of it seems a little speculative than providing hard facts but, anyway.

Church hired to translate a recently-discovered set of lost Gospels called the Nag Hammadi Library, also known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Cut and pasted from your link. My comment is that I am not that much of a scholar, but even I know that the Dead Sea Scrolls are not the same as the Nag Hammadi Library. SO before swallowing this whole one should look into it a bit deeper.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
18-03-2016, 08:47 AM
I don't know about the mushroom idea though. I think people have come up with all kinds of crazy belief systems without any drugs at all. Human fear of death, ignorance of how the world worked, our love of creative storytelling combined together, and voila! Religion!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-03-2016, 08:50 AM
(18-03-2016 07:23 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 07:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's this.

http://entheology.com/peoples/revelation...ic-vision/

I'll admit I haven't read the whole thing. Some of it seems a little speculative than providing hard facts but, anyway.

Church hired to translate a recently-discovered set of lost Gospels called the Nag Hammadi Library, also known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Cut and pasted from your link. My comment is that I am not that much of a scholar, but even I know that the Dead Sea Scrolls are not the same as the Nag Hammadi Library. SO before swallowing this whole one should look into it a bit deeper.

Yeah, I was a little dubious about posting the link. Sometimes you can tell just from the first paragraph if the website is kinda dumb. I shouldn't have posted it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Graham Hancock is a fairly famous author. His presumably latest book called "Supernatural" speculates that all religion started with the brain being put into overdrive by mushrooms or similar devices. He starts talking about the 30,000 year old cave paintings and takes it from there. Check it out. Downloadable from Barnes & Noble.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
19-03-2016, 07:11 AM
(18-03-2016 08:54 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Graham Hancock is a fairly famous author. His presumably latest book called "Supernatural" speculates that all religion started with the brain being put into overdrive by mushrooms or similar devices. He starts talking about the 30,000 year old cave paintings and takes it from there. Check it out. Downloadable from Barnes & Noble.

Ol' "Fingerprints of the Gods" Hancock? Yeah, I think I'll pass.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Joe Rogan talks about this often.

I like Joe Rogan.

I like when Joe Rogan talks "bro science." Big Grin

I like mushrooms...wait, no, I don't like mushroom mushrooms, but I do like mushrooms.

Just sayin.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel