Musicians, what are you practicing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Musicians, what are you practicing?
I'll be brushing up originals starting tomorrow with a view to another open-mic next week.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Good luck with that Thumpa. Smile

I had a pretty good day. Charted out the rest of the set. So that is done. Mind you, I know the tunes now and wont need the charts! Smile

I spent an hour on bongos while listening to the set. Ideally I need my congas, they being so prevalent in today's pop/funk music. Sadly the guy in possession of my percussion equipment is in Thailand working. So I must await his return.

Then this evening I spent about an hour screwing around working out how to play various Afro Cuban rhythms on an udu drum. For example, an udu version of a son montuno. Ha, as if I'll ever have to play that. But it was fun.

Tomorrow is Saturday here so I wont practice any instruments at home. There'll be people home in the flats and I don't want to piss them off! I'll probably just practice rudiments on the pad with sticks. Maybe read through some solos for snare or something.

Then on Sunday I have the rehearsal with the band. I'll be working out ways to make my bongos sound like congas and at least I have my charts so I won't have to remember anything. Smile

Now I think about it, I've not played congas since before September 14. Perhaps I should do a little practice by myself before I take them in front of anyone. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 06:27 AM
I have begun to retrieve the nerves in my hands. So now it hurts to play bongos or timbau or djembe. I expect my congas within days. Practice is going to hurt! Must be done.

Either that or I tape my fingers like Poncho Sanchez! I think I'll stick with the pain. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.