Musicians with unique voices?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: Musicians with unique voices?
Well, Howlin' Wolf just HAS to be included in this... probably my favourite vocalist of all time.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
30-07-2013, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 12:46 AM by Juv.)
(13-07-2013 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How can you even ask ? Tongue

Tiny Tim is outstanding.

04-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I saw this band live; they played at a local venue in Columbus, and her voice is absolutely lovely.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
05-08-2013, 12:12 AM
A lot of metal in here, so I apologize for that, but I'll try to round it out.

I'd have to go with Roy Kahn previously with Kamelot:

Live video, because that dude is talented no matter how you're listening to him. I humm this song to my daughter to put her to sleep, actually. Smile Shame he had to go and have a breakdown. I include him because you just don't hear an operatically trained guy singing in metal bands very often.

On that note, I'd feel ashamed if I didn't include Simone Simons. A beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.

Jorn Lande - In my opinion this guy just SOUNDS metal. He's all over the prog metal world, and he's very easy to pick out, I'd say because of his unique sound.

Christian Alvestam formerly with Scar Symmetry. The guy has an incredible range.

Matthew Belamy of Muse. Enough said.

[/u]
My favorite of their songs, I think because it sounds very Queen-esque.

That would be all I can come up with off the top of my head.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
05-08-2013, 12:25 AM
A few of my favorite bands, and some of my favorite male voices on acoustic, also.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
05-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Does their voice have to be likable for most of the people on here? Antti Boman from Demilich is renowned in certain circles for his ability to produce unmatched gurgling vocalizations that fall under the vocal fry register (the lowest possible tone a human voice can produce). Angel

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Denyce Graves she is a goddess!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2V9woZuVIO4
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2013, 01:05 AM
(05-08-2013 12:42 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Does their voice have to be likable for most of the people on here? Antti Boman from Demilich is renowned in certain circles for his ability to produce unmatched gurgling vocalizations that fall under the vocal fry register (the lowest possible tone a human voice can produce). Angel

Considering no conditions were given to judge these vocalists by, I think it's entirely subjective. So whatever floats your boat, sir and/or madam. Smile

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
(05-08-2013 01:05 AM)Anudist Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 12:42 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Does their voice have to be likable for most of the people on here? Antti Boman from Demilich is renowned in certain circles for his ability to produce unmatched gurgling vocalizations that fall under the vocal fry register (the lowest possible tone a human voice can produce). Angel

Considering no conditions were given to judge these vocalists by, I think it's entirely subjective. So whatever floats your boat, sir and/or madam. Smile

Basically. It all depends on who has a unique voice that sticks out to you. You could post Lady Gaga and I'd only judge you behind closed doors... Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
07-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Florence from Florence + The Machine

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user