Musings By Yours Truly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: Musings By Yours Truly
In hindsight I realize my post could be about you, but I didn't mean it that way, Peanut! I'd rant about shit like that too. I meant that girl is acting high school.

Also I completely agree with your last post.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
25-03-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't think I'm done exploring life. I THOUGHT I was getting ready to settle down. Now I think I'm just gearing up to see the world/love people/experience life.

I don't want to miss out.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
26-03-2016, 06:14 PM
(25-03-2016 08:42 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I don't think I'm done exploring life. I THOUGHT I was getting ready to settle down. Now I think I'm just gearing up to see the world/love people/experience life.

Then again --- consider ---

Anything you chose to do IS an exploration...........

Suppose you decide to get married and have kids....... Some might say this is the end of your single life --- and perhaps it is -- but, you'll be experiencing something you couldn't have without making the decision to do so............

Conversely -- not getting married and not having kids allows you to experience life in a different way..............

To say one experience is superior to another is untrue -- because you don't have any way of proving one is, without experiencing the other --- which you're unable to do..............................................

I think the real trick - is being satisfied with the decisions you make --- and whatever outcome you get.......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-03-2016, 06:38 PM
(26-03-2016 06:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 08:42 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I don't think I'm done exploring life. I THOUGHT I was getting ready to settle down. Now I think I'm just gearing up to see the world/love people/experience life.

Then again --- consider ---

Anything you chose to do IS an exploration...........

Suppose you decide to get married and have kids....... Some might say this is the end of your single life --- and perhaps it is -- but, you'll be experiencing something you couldn't have without making the decision to do so............

Conversely -- not getting married and not having kids allows you to experience life in a different way..............

To say one experience is superior to another is untrue -- because you don't have any way of proving one is, without experiencing the other --- which you're unable to do..............................................

I think the real trick - is being satisfied with the decisions you make --- and whatever outcome you get.......................

Like when Carl finally finds the "Things I'm going to do" section of his wife's adventure book in Up.

Jeez... I'm going to cry again... Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-03-2016, 06:40 PM
[Image: bucket_PNG7777.png]

[Image: to-do-list.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Thanks *scowls* now I got feels. Up gets me everytime.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
06-04-2016, 08:46 PM
And I get the idea behind one experience doesn't trump another, especially if I've never lived through them. (How does one compare?)

I just have an inexplicable worry if I settle down, I fear looking back later and wishing I chose the other option. (So cliche, I realize. Wow.)

I've just chosen too many "wrong" paths already; I'm tired, you know? Yet want to get it "right."

06-04-2016, 08:55 PM
(06-04-2016 08:46 PM)Peanut Wrote:  And I get the idea behind one experience doesn't trump another, especially if I've never lived through them. (How does one compare?)

I just have an inexplicable worry if I settle down, I fear looking back later and wishing I chose the other option. (So cliche, I realize. Wow.)

Monogamous our entire lives Girly and Manly. I look back and see there was no other option. I be regretting it if 35 years ago we hadn't paired up for life.

(06-04-2016 08:46 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Yet want to get it "right."

Stop trying.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2016, 10:22 PM
(06-04-2016 08:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Stop trying.

Just do.

There is no "right" adventure. Only "the" adventure. You're not gonna regret it in the end anyway. Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco