Musings of a Deconverting Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Musings of a Deconverting Mind
(25-07-2015 08:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:18 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Please explain why you think it is moral for god to kill babies.
I didn't say I think this.
Not yet.

Not yet? Please explain under what circumstances you will start thinking this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-07-2015, 09:00 PM
I find it so refreshing that there are still some Judeo-Christian subsets that are still willing to actually admit that their God is just as barbaric as the priests of that Bronze Age tribal warrior-sheepherder culture wrote Him.

"In the beginning the gods did not at all reveal all things clearly to mortals, but by searching men in the course of time find them out better." - Xenophanes

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
25-07-2015, 09:02 PM
(25-07-2015 08:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 03:05 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  If god did in fact exist, he would be an immoral god evidenced by his murder of countless innocent babies in the old testament.
What is moral?
Who decides what is moral?
Why is it immoral for God to kill babies? Please, explain.
(25-07-2015 03:05 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Christians will argue that god was different then, which is complete bullshit because the bible states that god is the same yesterday, today and forever.

True. God was not different then.

Why is it moral of god to kill animals? Where is the morality in unnecessary pain allowed by an omnipotent being?

You can argue that it's okay for your god to kill babies because all humans are basically born with original sin, I guess. (I wouldn't) But why is it okay for god to kill my dog from cancer, slowly and painfully. Some kind of lesson intended to me, as the dog's owner? How about animals burning to death in a forest fire?

God needs lessons in communication. Or the more rational perspective, given the non rational position that there is a god: your god is a sadist and therefore, you are immoral in honoring him.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-07-2015, 09:07 PM
(25-07-2015 03:05 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Since the existence of god cannot be proven or disproven just as the creation of the universe cannot be proven, the existence of Jesus must therefore be proven in order to give Christianity any further thought, as the bible claims that Jesus was god. The evidence prsented for the existence of Jesus is erroneous and calls for blind faith. If god did in fact exist, he would be an immoral god evidenced by his murder of countless innocent babies in the old testament. Christians will argue that god was different then, which is complete bullshit because the bible states that god is the same yesterday, today and forever. Some calvanists will go so far as to say that we humans have no right to gripe about what our creator does with us just as a hammer has no rebuttal towards the one that weilds it. This argument is flawed in that hammers cannot feel pain nor do they have emotions. Furthermore, this view of god reduces him to the level of a snotty nosed kid kneeling in front of an ant hill with a magnifying glass on a hot summer day. Not at all like the god of love painted by those who love Kool-aid.

#sigh
25-07-2015, 09:25 PM
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Why is it moral of god to kill animals? Where is the morality in unnecessary pain allowed by an omnipotent being?

You can argue that it's okay for your god to kill babies because all humans are basically born with original sin, I guess. (I wouldn't) But why is it okay for god to kill my dog from cancer, slowly and painfully. Some kind of lesson intended to me, as the dog's owner? How about animals burning to death in a forest fire?

God needs lessons in communication. Or the more rational perspective, given the non rational position that there is a god: your god is a sadist and therefore, you are immoral in honoring him.

Hear hear!

But do keep in mind that this "unchanged" God of Abraham originally "required" masses of slaughtered animals for no reason except as payment for sins... so what's a little cancer? The Blood God™ loves the suffering of animals.

[Image: blood-for-the-blood-god-12.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-07-2015, 10:20 PM
Hmm.. No one answered my questions.
Is it moral or immoral to take away a child/children from his/their parents?
What is moral?
Who decides what is moral?
Why is it immoral for God to kill babies? Please, explain.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-07-2015, 10:35 PM
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Why is it moral of god to kill animals?
Killing animals neither moral nor immoral.
But
1)killing animals to feed hungry people is moral.
2)killing animals for fun is immoral
Why did God kill animals? Can you answer this question?
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Where is the morality in unnecessary pain allowed by an omnipotent being?
I have no idea where. But why do you think that when God killed animals it was unnecessary?
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  You can argue that it's okay for your god to kill babies because all humans are basically born with original sin, I guess.
No, I don't believe in this and God never said this.
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  (I wouldn't) But why is it okay for god to kill my dog from cancer, slowly and painfully. Some kind of lesson intended to me, as the dog's owner?

Yes, to learn evil and to experience pain gives you an opportunity to become like God/Gods. God/Gods are all knowing. If you don't know evil and pain how can you become like all knowing God?
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  How about animals burning to death in a forest fire?
Fire killed them not God.

25-07-2015, 10:41 PM
(25-07-2015 09:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Hear hear!
But do keep in mind that this "unchanged" God of Abraham originally "required" masses of slaughtered animals for no reason except as payment for sins...
Hmm, to kill an animal to save a man from sins. is it moral or immoral?
To kill radical muslim to save another Muslim or Christian. is it moral or immoral?
Go figure...

25-07-2015, 10:42 PM
(25-07-2015 08:46 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't say I think this.
Not yet.

Not yet? Please explain under what circumstances you will start thinking this.
I will tell you later.

26-07-2015, 01:00 AM
(25-07-2015 09:25 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 09:02 PM)julep Wrote:  Why is it moral of god to kill animals? Where is the morality in unnecessary pain allowed by an omnipotent being?

Hear hear!

But do keep in mind that this "unchanged" God of Abraham originally "required" masses of slaughtered animals for no reason except as payment for sins... so what's a little cancer? The Blood God™ loves the suffering of animals.

[Image: blood-for-the-blood-god-12.png]

So you're saying that god cares not from where the blood flows, only that it flows? Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.