Musings of a Deconverting Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Musings of a Deconverting Mind
(26-07-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:46 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Not yet? Please explain under what circumstances you will start thinking this.
Sure, I will explain to you.
When I know what God' true intention was/is/will be.
Until I do not know His true motif I can not rush into any judgement.

When you know what was the intention of God Jehovah to kill babies then you can tell me if it was immoral or moral.

This is derived from Psalm 137:8-9
Quote:8 O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is he who repays you
for what you have done to us-

9 he who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

God does not exist, the intention of the writers of the Old Testament were to exact vengeance upon the Babylonians for what the Babylonians did. Vengeance is not a good rationale, it is fundamentally flawed and immoral.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 11:26 AM
(26-07-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  When I know what God' true intention was/is/will be.
Another variant on, "God works in mysterious ways."

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
26-07-2015, 12:52 PM
(26-07-2015 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  There is no enough contextual information in the Bible why God killed babies.

There seems to be quite enough context for me. Yahweh is a thoroughly despicable character.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
26-07-2015, 01:34 PM
(26-07-2015 10:44 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, and this is exactly my point.
There is no enough contextual information in the Bible why God killed babies.

Is this moral for a woman to kill her innocent unborn baby?
depends.
If she is running away from her responsibility then it is immoral.
But if she is victim of rape or incest or if she may die then it is moral for her
to make this kind of decision.
Is it moral for a doctor to kill innocent unborn baby boy or baby girl and then sell his/her organs?
You tell me, plesae

You can't kill what is unborn. It's an oxymoron. It's like destroying what's not created yet.
Yes, you can. You can kill unborn living creature. Living creature that already has gender, body with arms and legs and fingers, and with heart that beats, and with liver that doctor can sell. This living creature kicks, yawn, suck the thumb.
There is a little boy or a little girl in the womb. It is developing and continue to develop when it is outside the womb.
Is it moral to kill a child that lives in the womb in a barbaric way and then sell his/her organs?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
26-07-2015, 01:36 PM
(26-07-2015 12:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  There is no enough contextual information in the Bible why God killed babies.

There seems to be quite enough context for me. Yahweh is a thoroughly despicable character.
Then in your opinion a woman(mother) and a doctor who kills a baby( a boy or a girl) in the womb are despicable characters.

26-07-2015, 01:39 PM
(26-07-2015 06:50 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 10:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm, to kill an animal to save a man from sins. is it moral or immoral?
Immoral. You're not actually doing anything except killing an animal.
Actually you can feed many hungry people and save their lives by killing an animal.
It is moral in my opinion to save human lives. But some people see life of animals more important then life of humans.

26-07-2015, 01:41 PM
(26-07-2015 11:26 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 10:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  When I know what God' true intention was/is/will be.
Another variant on, "God works in mysterious ways."
Tell me God's motif for killing babies and I will tell you if it is moral or not moral.

26-07-2015, 01:57 PM
(26-07-2015 01:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 12:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  There seems to be quite enough context for me. Yahweh is a thoroughly despicable character.
Then in your opinion a woman(mother) and a doctor who kills a baby( a boy or a girl) in the womb are despicable characters.

The woman and doctor are not claiming perfection as well as being gods of love, setting innocent people up for a false sense of security prior to destruction.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2015, 02:10 PM
Oh for fuck's sake, stop adding shaded emotional elements to your arguments, Alla!

The "and then sell their organs" part is irrelevant, but it does imply that that was the purpose of the killing. It's a dishonest way of shading your arguments, and we see right through that kind of shit.

This is why religionists piss off anyone who has learned to think for themselves. You might snow over the average joker with no knowledge of rhetoric or logic, but it doesn't work here. Be honest or be gone.

The fact is, it's not a question of absolute morality; only a child thinks in terms of absolute morality, black and white, good and bad. The question you're ACTUALLY facing here is not "is killing babies evil", it's "Which is the lesser evil, abortion or taking legal control of the uterus away from all women and depriving them of bodily autonomy?"

In terms of your God, then, the argument would be "Is God justified in killing all those people, as described in the Bible stories?" (You keep hinting around about it, and it's driving me fucking crazy. It's neither coy nor clever. Just fucking say what you have to say, and stop with the "tell you later" and "why don't you tell me" false face!)

What we see in the Bible tales is an invented Deity, made up by men/priests, as a hyper-powerful copy of the basic model of Bronze/Iron Age barbarian-warrior-kings, complete with jealousy, wrath, and every other barbaric-society motivation and the full range of human emotion. As capricious as the Greek pantheon, this God of yours appears to be, to us. Except the Greek pantheon never demanded a tenth of the blood of the barbaric desert-peoples' Blood God that you apparently follow. Tell us more about the blood sacrifices, the arcane rituals of blood appeasement and atonement, and why this being's murderous commands to his followers don't indicate a psychopathic Blood God for psychopathic followers... because I just can't see it any other way, right this moment.

So it is incumbent upon you, the Believer who feels this deity is worthy of worship/service, not us, to explain exactly why this deity's obvious murderous streak is not the most horrific thing I've ever read (and I read a lot), and why this being is worthy of worship. I'd be shocked if you're the first person in nearly 40 years of hearing religious stories to come up with a version that doesn't turn my stomach... it's hard to listen to people try to defend a Blood God™.

[Image: blood-for-the-blood-god-13.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-07-2015, 02:22 PM
(26-07-2015 10:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 06:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  There is not enough contextual information.
Yes, and this is exactly my point.
There is no enough contextual information in the Bible why God killed babies.

Really??

I guess you never learned proper fucking exegesis. jahoobla killed the children because he was having a hissy fit over the pharoah not letting the Israelites go (by the way there is absolutely zero evidence that the jews were ever in Egypt. None)

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user