Musings of a Deconverting Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Musings of a Deconverting Mind
(26-07-2015 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Where are you that you witness baby organ selling?

I'm guessing it is coming from this story which has been making the rounds on the republican circuits

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2015, 03:40 PM
(26-07-2015 03:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Where are you that you witness baby organ selling?

I'm guessing it is coming from this story which has been making the rounds on the republican circuits

Oh FFS! Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-07-2015, 03:56 PM
(26-07-2015 03:14 PM)epronovost Wrote:  The term you are inferring in that example isn't killing, it’s aborting. In a sense, aborting is a form of killing much like cutting out a tumor is killing a tumor or removing a kidney will kill it if it’s not transplanted quickly or preserved in an adequate fashion. Not all fetus display gender, organs, etc. They develop those characteristics at different points in their growth should they survive up to that point.
Wow! some people upset with those who believe in God who kills babies(Egyptians) to save other babies(Israelites).
but they are not upset with those who kill babies with organs and gender as it is some kind of tumor. Wow!
By the way I am not judging you for your opinion.
(26-07-2015 03:14 PM)epronovost Wrote:  To your question, I would say no, it’s not wrong to kill an unborn child in a «barbaric way» and sell his organs has long has you don't hurt the mother physically and/or psychologically and that the organs are sold in a responsible fashion for a acceptable price and potentially given for free to someone who would need them in an urgent manner and be too poor to afford it. Feel free to ask me why, but I will have to answer this question by PM because I think the explanation and the debate that could follow is irrelevant to this thread.
OK, I respect your opinion.

P.S. So, if to kill a baby with vital organs and gender as he or she a some kind of tumor is not immoral then action of God to kill babies in order to save other babies is also moral. Especially God will bring them back to life. He will give them another chance to live. But mother who runs away from her responsibility and doctor who helps her to do this will never give this future life a chance to live.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
26-07-2015, 03:58 PM
(26-07-2015 03:29 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't care about zero evidence. Zero evidence means nothing to me.

There you have it. I always find it tragic when anybody can say something so despicable with such pride.
Zero evidence prove absolutely nothing. Zero evidence prove zero. That is why it means nothing to me.

26-07-2015, 04:07 PM
(26-07-2015 03:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  Zero evidence prove absolutely nothing. Zero evidence prove zero. That is why it means nothing to me.

It may be a language problem. You responded to a post that said there was zero (no) evidence for the Jews ever having been in Egypt with comments about the Jews and the Egyptians and the statement that you didn't care about zero evidence.

If there is no evidence that they were in Egypt then there is no reason to believe that the stories in Exodus are not just fiction.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-07-2015, 04:09 PM
(26-07-2015 03:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:29 PM)unfogged Wrote:  There you have it. I always find it tragic when anybody can say something so despicable with such pride.
Zero evidence prove absolutely nothing. Zero evidence prove zero. That is why it means nothing to me.

Wrong. Absence of evidence can most definately be evidence of absence. That should mean something to an honest person.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-07-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm just gonna re-post this, to keep the fundie honest as much as possible, since she's still going on about the evils of slavery and baby-killing:

But God did not attack the Israelites themselves, who owned slaves themseves by God's command (Leviticus 25:44-46). They could even beat their slaves to death, provided the slave didn't die immediately as a result of a too harsh beating (Exodus 21:20-21).

By the way, God doesn't mind abortion either (see next verse, Exodus 21:22-25) -

22 If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

(Bold emphasis my own.)

You get it? God doesn't give a crap about the life of that "unborn" baby in the womb, but if it affects the living people, then it's "eye for an eye", etc.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-07-2015, 04:31 PM
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  1) I don't care about zero evidence. Zero evidence means nothing to me.
I see. No evidence=some higher power.
I disagree. No evidence simply prove nothing.
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  2)So, you say that God killed babies because He had a hissy fit over the pharaoh not letting the Israelites go.
How about this for the reason:
Pharaoh and Egyptians treated Israelites and their children and babies badly.
Except for the fact that the story also says that god also killed slave babies as well
Yes, because their fathers were also evil and they would teach their children to do evil.
Is it moral for God to take away children from evil parents and take them to His place?
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  and it came to that point only because god hardened pharoah's heart more than once. Facepalm
No, He didn't. True prophets of God teach that this is incorrect translation. Bible has errors.
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Slavery is evil.
(26-07-2015 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  Then why is not not even once condemned as evil in the book of mortality? Not once. Facepalm
If it was a good thing it would be called a blessing in the Bible.
Who become slaves according to the Bible?
1)bad people. God is not on their side and enemies overcome them.
2)good people. Evil people make them slaves.
So, according to the Bible slavery is a bad thing. That is why God saves ggod people from slavery.

(26-07-2015 03:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  [quote='Alla' pid='820278' dateline='1437944583']
Is it moral to kill babies who will become slave traders like their fathers in order to save babies who were already slaves?
It is more moral than killing babies whose parents had absolutely nothing to do with the situation (i.e. the slaves and the Egyptians who didn't have slaves). You have yet to make any actual point. Facepalm
God doesn't kill people who have nothing to do with situation. He kills
babies who will for sure become slave traders and killers.

26-07-2015, 04:37 PM
(26-07-2015 04:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I see. No evidence=some higher power.
I disagree. No evidence simply prove nothing.
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Except for the fact that the story also says that god also killed slave babies as well
Yes, because their fathers were also evil and they would teach their children to do evil.
Is it moral for God to take away children from evil parents and take them to His place?
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  and it came to that point only because god hardened pharoah's heart more than once. Facepalm
No, He didn't. True prophets of God teach that this is incorrect translation. Bible has errors.
(26-07-2015 03:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Slavery is evil.
If it was a good thing it would be called a blessing in the Bible.
Who become slaves according to the Bible?
1)bad people. God is not on their side and enemies overcome them.
2)good people. Evil people make them slaves.
So, according to the Bible slavery is a bad thing. That is why God saves ggod people from slavery.

It is more moral than killing babies whose parents had absolutely nothing to do with the situation (i.e. the slaves and the Egyptians who didn't have slaves). You have yet to make any actual point. Facepalm
God doesn't kill people who have nothing to do with situation. He kills
babies who will for sure become slave traders and killers.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Fuck me, did we just leap to Minority Report?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user