Musings of a Deconverting Mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Musings of a Deconverting Mind
@Alla

1) A distinction without a difference in my opinion. You can only judge people by their actions. Since their actions represent their being, you are judging their being. It's not running away from responsability to admit that you don't have the capacity to fulfill them either because of psychological, financial, physical reasons or because it conflict with other responsibilities.

2) The God of the Bible is a barbarian and a monster by all modern and even ancient standards. His powers makes all his action even more dubious.

3) If you agree that killing embryos and fetus in an early stage of development isn't murder than you can pretty much agree that abortion before the 24th week of pregnancy inclusively causes no moral issues and isn't wrong no matter the reason since what you are killing doesn't have human characteristic beside its DNA. Of course at 30 months you can really see something that looks like a real baby. Fortunately, 92% of all abortion occurs before the 13th week so before the embryo develop into a fetus. So 92% of the time only a few hundred primitive cells are destroyed. About 1% occurs after the 21st week and none after the 28th. Nothing looking like a baby capable of feeling pain or of consciousness is killed in western country during abortion. You can sleep well tonight because of that. Babies aren't killed in the womb of their mother. Embryos and early stage fetus are the only thing being destroyed.

4) If the reason aren't clearly explained and accepted, it’s still without consent thus wrong. Trust me because I know better isn't an argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
26-07-2015, 09:26 PM
(26-07-2015 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 05:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  Then you are willfully ignorant. Drinking Beverage
OK I am wilfully ignorant.
Zero evidence proves nothing. So what that there is no evidence that Israelites were in Egypt?

So what that there's no evidence? It tells us that there is no reason to believe the fables, that's what.

But points for admitting that you are willfully ignorant.

(26-07-2015 05:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence that the Israelites were ever slaves in Egypt. None.

It doesn't mean they were not slaves. I believe testimony of the Prophets of God.

Sooo... The fact that there is no evidence whatsoever than an entire 'race' numbering approximately 1 million people, mind,(men numbering 600,000 men, the rest being uncounted women and children; this estimate was gained from the number given at the time of the supposed exodus, in Exodus 12:37-38) was enslaved in Egypt for any period of time means... What do you think, exactly?

As a side-note: there is no evidence that you don't murder babies with a lawnmower you named Fred, does that mean we can reasonably assume that you do indeed murder babies with the aid of Fred the Lawnmower?

(26-07-2015 05:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Bible doesn't say anywhere that slavery is evil.

It doesn't have to say this. But when God of the Bible is not on someone's side He let enemy to take this person/people captives and slaves. And when God let them to become slaves it means they deserve bad things happen to them. Bad things = evil.

Okay, let's run with this logic, shall we?
God knows slavery is wrong. But on multiple occasions, he told the Jews to take slaves. Even if we assume without reason that these people were 'evil', entire nations guilty of some hitherto unspoken crime, god is the one enslaving them to the Jews (or the Jews to others, as the case may be), no?
If god knows slavery is bad, but continues to order and enforce it, doesn't that make him at least as evil, seeing as that he continues to both do and demand evil be done despite supposedly knowing it to be evil? Even if the people all were somehow 'deserving of (an evil) punishment', how does it stop it from being an evil deed?

And for the record, I've seen 5-year olds more eloquent and proficient in the language than you are. Just putting it out there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-07-2015, 09:35 PM
(25-07-2015 08:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Is it moral or immoral to take away a child/children from his/their parents?

That depends. Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for making a mistake?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-07-2015, 09:35 PM
(25-07-2015 03:05 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Since the existence of god cannot be proven or disproven just as the creation of the universe cannot be proven, the existence of Jesus must therefore be proven in order to give Christianity any further thought, as the bible claims that Jesus was god. The evidence prsented for the existence of Jesus is erroneous and calls for blind faith. If god did in fact exist, he would be an immoral god evidenced by his murder of countless innocent babies in the old testament. Christians will argue that god was different then, which is complete bullshit because the bible states that god is the same yesterday, today and forever. Some calvanists will go so far as to say that we humans have no right to gripe about what our creator does with us just as a hammer has no rebuttal towards the one that weilds it. This argument is flawed in that hammers cannot feel pain nor do they have emotions. Furthermore, this view of god reduces him to the level of a snotty nosed kid kneeling in front of an ant hill with a magnifying glass on a hot summer day. Not at all like the god of love painted by those who love Kool-aid.

Oh yeah!

[Image: koolaid.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
26-07-2015, 09:37 PM
(26-07-2015 09:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 08:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  Is it moral or immoral to take away a child/children from his/their parents?

That depends. Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for making a mistake?

I'm sorry, but I have to contradict you here.

The question should be: "Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for being made to fail?"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-07-2015, 09:54 PM
(26-07-2015 01:34 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 10:44 AM)epronovost Wrote:  You can't kill what is unborn. It's an oxymoron. It's like destroying what's not created yet.
Yes, you can. You can kill unborn living creature. Living creature that already has gender, body with arms and legs and fingers, and with heart that beats, and with liver that doctor can sell. This living creature kicks, yawn, suck the thumb.
There is a little boy or a little girl in the womb. It is developing and continue to develop when it is outside the womb.
Is it moral to kill a child that lives in the womb in a barbaric way and then sell his/her organs?

If it endangers the life of the woman nurturing that potential life, you're goddamned right it's moral.
26-07-2015, 10:10 PM
(26-07-2015 03:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  Can we kill you to save 20 lives? is it moral in your opinion?

If I knew my death would save twenty, I'd go for it. You only live once, brotha, you'd best make it goddamned good.
26-07-2015, 10:26 PM
(26-07-2015 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 09:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That depends. Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for making a mistake?

The question should be: "Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for being made to fail?"

Fair and well-spoken, thanks.
26-07-2015, 10:50 PM
(26-07-2015 09:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And for the record, I've seen 5-year olds more eloquent and proficient in the language than you are. Just putting it out there.
I bet you speak my native languages (Ukranian and Russian)worse then I speak English.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
26-07-2015, 10:52 PM
(26-07-2015 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-07-2015 09:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That depends. Do they shove their children in the oven set at 550F for all eternity for making a mistake?

God doesn't do this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED