Musings on the Future of Gun Control

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Musings on the Future of Gun Control
(30-07-2017 04:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 08:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't need to connect my 3D printer to the internet. USB stick will work to transfer models.

Could not the provenance be embedded in the DL, saved to your thumbdrive, and still show up? Doesn't seem that much of an issue.

Not sure how it could get in there if I just downloaded or even just looked at a 3D model and copied the pieces into a new model. The printer I guess could try and leave some sort of watermark somewhere (? not sure where) on the printed model but many of the 3D printers are made by hobbyists from different components bought all over the place so not sure what you'd be tracing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2017, 10:29 PM
(30-07-2017 08:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I thought racial profiling was illegal?

[Image: ATF-New-Racist-Form-4473.jpg]

Mexicans are only allowed to buy guns that can be held sideways.

Drinking Beverage

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-07-2017, 10:39 PM
(30-07-2017 10:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

Mexicans are only allowed to buy guns that can be held sideways.

Drinking Beverage

Laugh out load That's 'cuz they are all murderers and rapists, and shit. Fucking Chump, anyway. Dodgy He sure dragged the rocks off a bunch of racist shits. Sad to see how many of them are still living and breathing in the US. "You shits! Get back under your rocks!"...if it were only that easy.
01-08-2017, 01:58 PM
(28-07-2017 10:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Being that printed guns will be using plastic for heat- and stress-critical items, I'm not sure they'll be terribly useful. A plastic soft enough for a 3-D printer to carve is probably not going to be able to withstand the rigors of much firing.

They won't be using plastic for those parts much longer.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
01-08-2017, 02:07 PM

Apparently not in the US...

"Recently, New South Wales Greens Member of Parliament Mehreen Faruqi and her husband were entering the US through Los Angeles Airport. Unlike other passengers on the flight, Faruqi, a Pakistani-born Australian, and her husband were questioned for almost an hour about their previous travel and how they obtained their Australian passports. While US authorities allege that Ms Faruqi was selected for additional processing on the basis of random selection, the facts at hand point to something different."

Consider

The federal government currently recognizes only one "ethnicity": Hispanic. So the Hispanic/non-Hispanic question is in addition to the separate "race" question -- e.g., you can be white-Hispanic; black-Hispanic; Indian-Hispanic, etc.

It is not racial profiling to inquire about one's race/ethnicity, and those two questions are common on a plethora of both official and unofficial US forms. In nearly all cases responding to that question is voluntary and optional, and indeed, it is against the law for most businesses and agencies to require that information. Nonetheless, the question is permitted; you just can't force someone to respond to it.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."