Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.
(15-03-2017 11:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "Let's see whether or not I prove it," Trump said. "I just don't choose to do it right now."
He has the brain of a small child. This is playground antics.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
16-03-2017, 02:40 AM
(16-03-2017 02:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's one thing if fears are being overblown, but I would say that it's worse to overlook this kind of thing as being not really so bad - that's where the rot starts.

[Image: 5d8a895eb5a0154c6c3e13ef4203ba2f.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-03-2017, 02:54 AM
Is he proposing stopping everyone from certain countries entering the US, or just those who are Muslims?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
16-03-2017, 02:59 AM
(15-03-2017 11:03 PM)SYZ Wrote:  "Let's see whether or not I prove it," Trump said. "I just don't choose to do it right now." Trump, speaking at length about the controversy for the first time, said his tweet alleging the former president was spying on him was based at least partially on media reports...

Trump maintained that information would soon be revealed that could prove him right, but would not explain what that information might be.

Translation: I need more time for my minions to manufacture some "evidence".
[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
16-03-2017, 03:03 AM
(16-03-2017 02:54 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Is he proposing stopping everyone from certain countries entering the US, or just those who are Muslims?

There are 6 (?) Muslim majority nations from which all immigration has been halted. Notable exceptions include any country Trump has personal business dealing in, Iraq, and the origin of the 9-11 attackers Saudi Arabia.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-03-2017, 03:42 AM
(16-03-2017 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 02:54 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Is he proposing stopping everyone from certain countries entering the US, or just those who are Muslims?

There are 6 (?) Muslim majority nations from which all immigration has been halted. Notable exceptions include any country Trump has personal business dealing in, Iraq, and the origin of the 9-11 attackers Saudi Arabia.

> Conflict of interest, anyone? Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
16-03-2017, 03:48 AM
(16-03-2017 03:42 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There are 6 (?) Muslim majority nations from which all immigration has been halted. Notable exceptions include any country Trump has personal business dealing in, Iraq, and the origin of the 9-11 attackers Saudi Arabia.

> Conflict of interest, anyone? Consider

Not in any actionable way. It's just super hypocritical and unethical. But the people who voted for him to do this, are they going to hold his feet to the fire over the details? The ones who thought Hillary's emails were the WORST THING EVAR, and haven't said a world about everyone in his cabinet using private email?

Yeah, not likely.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-03-2017, 04:04 AM
(16-03-2017 02:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  "It's one thing if fears are being overblown, but I would say that it's worse to overlook this kind of thing as being not really so bad - that's where the rot starts."

Berliner, 1939. Big Grin

You are more optimistic than I.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-03-2017, 08:18 AM
(15-03-2017 08:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You are far more optimistic than I am. I think some will start to see him for what he is but most of his supporters will double-down on the insanity.

I hope to be proven wrong.

I have no doubt that many Americans will stick with Trump no matter what he says and does. They enjoy the entertainment.

However, a significant number of people who voted him into office were uneasy about doing so. They will likely change their minds as he proves himself an ineffectual president.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
16-03-2017, 06:17 PM
(16-03-2017 08:18 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 08:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You are far more optimistic than I am. I think some will start to see him for what he is but most of his supporters will double-down on the insanity.

I hope to be proven wrong.

I have no doubt that many Americans will stick with Trump no matter what he says and does. They enjoy the entertainment.

However, a significant number of people who voted him into office were uneasy about doing so. They will likely change their minds as he proves himself an ineffectual president.

The issue with him being a lazy piece of shit is that he can easily be manipulated. I mean is he going to read a 30 page document? Fuck no, he's even said so. 1 page with many pictures max. Max. So this is the republicans opportunity to basically have a puppet president. All the stupid stuff that happens all falls back onto him as well. It's all "stupid Trump" "look how useless Trump is" and so the Republican party is coming off extremely light all things considering. So the republicans get a defective puppet president and they get a scapegoat when things go wrong.

Uneasy? I think they knew exactly what they were voting for.
I don't think he was their first choice but they certainly weren't jumping up to dismiss him.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post