Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.
(16-03-2017 08:18 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(15-03-2017 08:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You are far more optimistic than I am. I think some will start to see him for what he is but most of his supporters will double-down on the insanity.

I hope to be proven wrong.

I have no doubt that many Americans will stick with Trump no matter what he says and does. They enjoy the entertainment.

However, a significant number of people who voted him into office were uneasy about doing so. They will likely change their minds as he proves himself an ineffectual president.

Bush's gross incompetence and creation of two wars because of it are clear examples that this will have so little impact on voters

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Robvalue Wrote:Is he proposing stopping everyone from certain countries entering the US, or just those who are Muslims?
As I understand he proposes to stop only those who hate us and who want to kill us unless we accept Sharia Law.
Sounds good to me.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Jay Vogelsong Wrote:However, a significant number of people who voted him into office were uneasy about doing so. They will likely change their minds as he proves himself an ineffectual president.
Possible, but not yet. So far we are happy. If he is not going to keep his promises I will change my mind. But there are too many people who want to stop him. May b even to kill him.

18-03-2017, 12:27 AM
(18-03-2017 12:15 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Jay Vogelsong Wrote:However, a significant number of people who voted him into office were uneasy about doing so. They will likely change their minds as he proves himself an ineffectual president.
Possible, but not yet. So far we are happy. If he is not going to keep his promises I will change my mind. But there are too many people who want to stop him. May b even to kill him.

Yeah, well, wanting to stop him kinda goes hand in hand with fighting the encroachment of fascism that he is directly enabling with his policies and rhetoric. Because intelligent people with empathy can look back at Europe in the 1930's and go "yeah, let's not make those same mistakes again".

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-03-2017, 08:54 AM
(18-03-2017 12:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, well, wanting to stop him kinda goes hand in hand with fighting the encroachment of fascism that he is directly enabling with his policies and rhetoric. Because intelligent people with empathy can look back at Europe in the 1930's and go "yeah, let's not make those same mistakes again".
Can you tell me, please, what exactly you are talking about when you apply word "fascism" to Trump?

18-03-2017, 09:45 AM
(18-03-2017 12:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  As I understand he proposes to stop only those who hate us and who want to kill us unless we accept Sharia Law.
Sounds good to me.

That's based on what exactly?

None of the countries on the ban have provided a single active terrorist on US soil. Saudi Arabia on the other hand, not included in the ban, have provided more than a dozen on 9/11 alone.

Shiite countries and shiites in general have commited zero terrorist attacks at all. Yet Iran is on the list.

Saudi Arabia is a country following one of the most radical interpretations of Islam, father in spirit of ISIL and a strict follower of Sharia Law. Again, not banned. The countries on the ban list aren't following Sharia law.

So, what's your point again?
[+] 5 users Like abaris's post
18-03-2017, 10:23 AM
(18-03-2017 12:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:Is he proposing stopping everyone from certain countries entering the US, or just those who are Muslims?
As I understand he proposes to stop only those who hate us and who want to kill us unless we accept Sharia Law.
Sounds good to me.

He doesn't know how to do it. What he's trying sure as shit ain't gonna work. If I'm determined and resourceful enough to build my own bomb and plan a terrorist attack I ain't gonna be coming through JFK with a Somalian passport. I'll be driving in from Canada with a French passport. All he's accomplishing is making us look like assholes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2017, 10:42 AM
(18-03-2017 12:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  As I understand he proposes to stop only those who hate us and who want to kill us unless we accept Sharia Law.
Sounds good to me.

Muslims and the sharia law are to people like trump what were the jewish bankers back in the 30s to Nazis: A convenient yet, completely dishonest and silly strawman to sell fear to the uneducated and uninformed and then cash in on their fear.
While there actually were greedy jewish bankers back then (hint: being greedy is a general trait of successful bankers), there are muslims extremists who want to impose sharia law on western countries. How on earth do you think some guys from some backwater (near) eastern country are planning to impose sharia law onto the US? 911 hundredford wouldnt work.

I am puzzled on how somebody can seriously think, imposing sharia law on the USA is even remotely probable, even possible at all. Its totally absurd to make such claims.

The USA is the strongest military power on this planet since decades, with a military force equal to at least the next few strongest military powers combined. While it probably cant beat guerilla forces on their own soil (Nam, and middle eastern wars), in return, those forces dont even dream to fight on US soil (hence terrorist attacks on civilians, even Bin Laden admitted to this). While the USA is a politically and economically stable nation, how should it be possible (even in the most remotely conceivable way) to impose sharia law on it within the next, say.....50 years?

If you really think there is even the most remote chance that sharia law is what the USA is facing within this century, then you really need to re-evaluate your critical thinking skills. Then you really need to consider that you are nothing else than a fool and cattle to those cashing in on your fear while promising you wealth....just like religious leaders do.

If you really are from the Ukraine (which i still doubt) and either have memory going back to the USSR or have relatives who were around during those times, then i am wondering how and why you dont see when you get fed fearmongering and completely dishonest bullshit again by people who are running the same simple schemes as your former communist leaders did.

If you were Ukrainian, then you would see how Putin uses those very schemes (of fear and agression....fear to justify agression/expansion) on the russian population to invade your country.

Your lack of being informed and may i say naivety is mind boggling, even more so, if you still think (after the first 2 months and their events) Trump and his gang is/are someone who could protect you from such a threat even if it was real. They dont even understand the US constitution so far as to know that two silly (after the first attempt even the most stupid politician whould have gone for a diferent approach) presidential orders would prevail in face of independent courts who are loyal to the constitution.

If the Trump administration cant face off the US judicial system, how is it supposed to deal with hostile extremist religios fanatics?

If Trump is unable to properly conduct a simple "meeting" with freindly foreign dinitaries in front of a few cameras and microphones (as shown by meeting Abe or Merkel), how is he supposed to lead and instruct the most powerful and complex military machinery the planet has ever seen and beat people who managed to plot 911?

By mere accident a medium sized german town found out a few weeks ago, that is was in fact Trump who made a complete idiot out of himself 13y ago while trying to advertise one of his books to them (think it was called "how to get rich"). Do you think a guy who makes a complete idiot of himself trying to sell a book will save you from ruthless muslim extremist crusaders? Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
18-03-2017, 12:48 PM
(18-03-2017 10:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  By mere accident a medium sized german town found out a few weeks ago, that is was in fact Trump who made a complete idiot out of himself 13y ago while trying to advertise one of his books to them (think it was called "how to get rich"). Do you think a guy who makes a complete idiot of himself trying to sell a book will save you from ruthless muslim extremist crusaders? Facepalm

Most all of our problems are highly complex, yet we have elected someone who doesn't read much of anything at all -- and won't listen to people who do. He will waste our time, energy, and money for four years unless we toss him out.

Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
18-03-2017, 01:06 PM
(18-03-2017 12:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Sounds good to me.
But to do that and think it can work out vs a mass ban is asinine.

If Trump was president instead of Reagan, Bush, and Clinton during the declines of the ussr and more Soviet then former Soviet states were producing USA seeking immagrants, if Trump was like some at that time still seeing those people as the deceptive evil, fine citizens of your own nature would of been barred despite they were just trying to flea areas they were desolate within or been given years of propaganda to believe x things.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson