Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Muslim Ban 2.0 - suspended Nationwide.
(18-03-2017 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I blame Obama administration for what they did to Ukraine. Obama administration started this mess in Ukraine. Putin reacted.

Even if they got directly involved, which they didn't, Putin still had no reason to annex the Crimean. There has been no indication that the fleet contracts would have been cancelled. And that's ultimately all that mattered to Putin. Not some fancy tale about libarating the people.

I'm well aware that the west meddled a bit too much in Ukranian affairs and I'm also aware that most things have two sides to look at, but the continued aggression in the East is something entirely different. I would even have had some understanding if Putin had secured his strategic position at the Crimean and left it at that. But the continued uprising, fueled by Russia can't be defended.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 04:29 PM
And
GirlyMan Wrote:The judges scoff that they interpret intent all the time in their rulings. If Trump had never mentioned the phrase "Muslim ban" there would never have been a challenge to his order. he keeps making it worse when he says things like it's just like the first order. Judges don't watch TV? Idiot.
Ok,
fact: when Trump was not president he said that he wants to ban Muslims from coming to the USA.
fact: now that Trump is president and he knows something he didn't know before he says that intention is national security.
My question is this: how does judge in Hawaii know that the real intent is not national security but Muslim ban?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-03-2017, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 04:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-03-2017 04:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  And
GirlyMan Wrote:The judges scoff that they interpret intent all the time in their rulings. If Trump had never mentioned the phrase "Muslim ban" there would never have been a challenge to his order. he keeps making it worse when he says things like it's just like the first order. Judges don't watch TV? Idiot.
Ok,
fact: when Trump was not president he said that he wants to ban Muslims from coming to the USA.
fact: now that Trump is president and he knows something he didn't know before he says that intention is national security.

Unfortunately for Trump's case, he has now repeated those same things as president and so now the judges won't listen to that argument anymore.

(18-03-2017 04:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  My question is this: how does judge in Hawaii know that the real intent is not national security but Muslim ban?

By citing the man's own words. Straight from the source. No hearsay here. There's nothing to infer. He stated his intent. Repeatedly. Like yesterday.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2017, 04:36 PM
(18-03-2017 03:36 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I blame Obama administration for what they did to Ukraine. Obama administration started this mess in Ukraine. Putin reacted.

Even if they got directly involved, which they didn't, Putin still had no reason to annex the Crimean. There has been no indication that the fleet contracts would have been cancelled. And that's ultimately all that mattered to Putin. Not some fancy tale about libarating the people.

I'm well aware that the west meddled a bit too much in Ukranian affairs and I'm also aware that most things have two sides to look at, but the continued aggression in the East is something entirely different. I would even have had some understanding if Putin had secured his strategic position at the Crimean and left it at that. But the continued uprising, fueled by Russia can't be defended.

I agree with you.
Putin is very bad man.
But Obama administration were involved in trying to take down Yanukovich.

18-03-2017, 04:39 PM
(18-03-2017 04:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 04:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  And Ok,

Unfortunately for Trump's case, he has now repeated those same things as president and so now the judges won't listen to that argument anymore.

(18-03-2017 04:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  My question is this: how does judge in Hawaii know that the real intent is not national security but Muslim ban?

By citing the man's own words. Straight from the source. No hearsay here. There's nothing to infer. He stated his intent. Repeatedly. Like yesterday.
what do you think will happen next?
I read that congress already has bills and they want to dismantled 9th circuit. They also want to make law about what kind of orders can not be brought to court. Or something like that.

18-03-2017, 04:44 PM
GirlyMan, this is the link
https://www.conservativereview.com/comme...tertraffic

18-03-2017, 04:48 PM
(18-03-2017 04:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 04:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Unfortunately for Trump's case, he has now repeated those same things as president and so now the judges won't listen to that argument anymore.

what do you think will happen next?
I read that congress already has bills and they want to dismantled 9th circuit. They also want to make law about what kind of orders can not be brought to court. Or something like that.

That's a good question. Congress can pass all the bills they want, the courts decide if they're lawful or not. I don't think Trump is gonna take it to the Supreme Court. I think they lean towards upholding the lower courts decisions and they need a compelling legal reason to overturn them. Which means Trump might lose. Which would be unacceptable. Which means he's not gonna take it to the Supreme Court. He's gonna go quiet and hope everyone gets distracted by something else and it just fades away. It probably will. It's a tried and true strategy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2017, 04:51 PM
(18-03-2017 04:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 04:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  what do you think will happen next?

That's a good question. Congress can pass all the bills they want, the courts decide if they're lawful or not. I don't think Trump is gonna take it to the Supreme Court. I think they lean towards upholding the lower courts decisions and they need a compelling legal reason to overturn them. Which means Trump might lose. Which would be unacceptable. Which means he's not gonna take it to the Supreme Court. He's gonna go quiet and hope everyone gets distracted by something else and it just fades away. It probably will. It's a tried and true strategy.

May be you are right and this what will happen. I think that this ban doesn't make any sense any more. Trump wanted it to be surprise. But there are no more surprises.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
18-03-2017, 05:28 PM
(18-03-2017 12:48 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 10:42 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  By mere accident a medium sized german town found out a few weeks ago, that is was in fact Trump who made a complete idiot out of himself 13y ago while trying to advertise one of his books to them (think it was called "how to get rich"). Do you think a guy who makes a complete idiot of himself trying to sell a book will save you from ruthless muslim extremist crusaders? Facepalm

Most all of our problems are highly complex, yet we have elected someone who doesn't read much of anything at all -- and won't listen to people who do. He will waste our time, energy, and money for four years unless we toss him out.

Angry

I dont have an english version here, so i will paraphrase it as it was in the newspapers:

The city of Baden-Baden got a letter from Trump, trying to advertise his book. They didnt know him at all, but hey....if its some kind of celebrity, maybe we can make a deal for mutual profit. Yet, Trump agressively tried (in his next message) to make them pay all his expenses, including flight, hotel etc., and on top of that wanted them to make him a honorary citizen, complete package with ceremony and stuff. According to the town council "we shrugged our shoulders and -of course- we stopped communication with this strange person".

And this is who promises to make the US great again, save them from religious extremists and deal with unemployment?

Gimme a break! Its embarassing enough to watch such an idiot, but its even more embaassing to know there are gullible fools who actually buy any of his bullshit.

Mind.boggling.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
18-03-2017, 05:45 PM
(18-03-2017 05:28 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  And this is who promises to make the US great again, save them from religious extremists and deal with unemployment?

If American voters had done their homework, they could easily have found out that Trump lies 60-70% of the time according to the fact checkers. He should never have gotten past the primaries.