Muslim Outreach

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Muslim Outreach
with all this quaran burning and protests, don't you think it would be convenient if the intelligent american muslims would realize that there is no god and he wouldn't care if you burned the fucking quaran anyway, because he didn't actually design and print the fucking book anyway - so it has always been an abomination, or whatever???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Muslim Outreach
Hey Trainwreck!

I'm assuming you're referencing the recent "accidental" military burning of some religious materials?

If so, it made me laugh in all earnestness. Not in a haha way, but more in a, way to show how peaceful you are religious people, way.

It always seems that those who are annoyed at being pinned to a stereotype are always the first to fulfill it. No really they are peaceful, so long as you don't burn one of their holy books, or draw their religious leader... then they will kill you.

Now I'm positive there are muslims who wouldn't act this way, but the media doesn't show them, and they aren't aggressive enough to get themselves heard. Unfortunate really.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2012, 03:11 PM
they are afraid they will be killed for speaking against the religion they are known to have practice, and they do not understand community any other way; and that is all reinforced with the doctrines of the religion

the problem atheists have in an outreach that I am thinking about, is we do not have a community that proves a curiculum towards a better experience of life - we're either, just as fucked-up with no belief in god, or we are fucked-up because we are interacting with those who believe in god and making adjustments to be tolerant

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
26-02-2012, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2012 03:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  the problem atheists have in an outreach that I am thinking about, is we do not have a community that proves a curiculum towards a better experience of life ...

Why would I want an atheist outreach program? There's no map to atheism. You either get there on your own or you don't get there. ... No biggie either way.

(24-02-2012 03:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  - we're either, just as fucked-up with no belief in god, or we are fucked-up because we are interacting with those who believe in god and making adjustments to be tolerant

Okay, but how is that fucked-up? I mean I got a day job. Not like I'm gonna move to some atheist commune where I don't have to interact with delusional theists who believe in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity. Guess you would call it going along to get along, but why should I give a shit about their metaphysics? And the alternative just feels like a train wreck to me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.