Muslim Sues Over Pork On Pizza?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 08:47 AM
RE: Muslim Sues Over Pork On Pizza?
(28-05-2017 08:29 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The irony is that if the restaurant did advertised their pizza as halal and it wasn't, that's indeed misrepresentation and the man will win his trial.

He might not win the amount though. He's claiming 100 million on the grounds that he's kinda doing it as a class action thing, as far as I can make out. But even 100 million... it's just a bit absurd. Why so high? Are people really that hacked off that they accidentally chowed a bit of piggy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2017, 08:50 AM
(28-05-2017 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 08:29 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The irony is that if the restaurant did advertised their pizza as halal and it wasn't, that's indeed misrepresentation and the man will win his trial.

He might not win the amount though. He's claiming 100 million on the grounds that he's kinda doing it as a class action thing, as far as I can make out. But even 100 million... it's just a bit absurd. Why so high? Are people really that hacked off that they accidentally chowed a bit of piggy?

Considering that a bagger at the grocery store couldn't put the bacon and the ham steak I bought (though they were vacuum sealed in plastic) I have to think they take this no pork thing to whatever extreme they can. And I didn't even expect her to eat it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
28-05-2017, 09:05 AM
(28-05-2017 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 08:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I confess my ignorance here... I always thought pepperoni was beef but I googled and it says it's an American variety of salami, usually made from cured pork and beef mixed together.

The pepperoni I had back in Blighty looks and tastes exactly as it does here in a halal society.

Huh

Oh, very, yes.

If by 'pepper' you mean the red/green/yellow capsicum kinda pepper rather than black or cayenne kinda pepper then I could not agree more.

The only toppings worse than that are anchovies and pineapple.

Rainbow Vomit

I do mean the red/green/yellow type thought it's usually the green ones that sully my half of the pizza.

I will, now and then, eat a pizza with pineapple and ham but it's a special craving sort of thing and not my usual choice.

I like the red/yellow type, but I detest green peppers.
28-05-2017, 09:07 AM
According to one articular, the man had bought a halal pizza, but he told the guy to make it a regular pizza and just put the sticker on it. And this wasn't the firs time he had claim to have been given pork.

A few weeks or so before that incident, he again walked into the same place and ordered the same pizza before getting made because it was pork.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
28-05-2017, 09:09 AM
(28-05-2017 09:05 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 08:44 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I do mean the red/green/yellow type thought it's usually the green ones that sully my half of the pizza.

I will, now and then, eat a pizza with pineapple and ham but it's a special craving sort of thing and not my usual choice.

I like the red/yellow type, but I detest green peppers.

My dad used to have a vegetable garden. One year he had a bumper crop of green peppers...I swear my mother put them in every food except for cereal. GAG!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

28-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Muslim Sues Over Pork On Pizza?
They should offer him a coupon for a free replacement pizza.

I don't understand how he knew it was pork. Maybe it tasted so good that it raised suspicion.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
28-05-2017, 09:14 AM
(27-05-2017 08:07 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/muslim-man-s...-on-pizza/

As if the stupidity of the world couldn't go much farther.

Here I am listening to my mom rant about how stupid Muslims are and things about there religion that say other wise and according to his holy book he has to not 'Commit Suicide' over eating the pork.

I pipped up, much to her annoyance stopping in in mid rant, "Mom, didn't some Christian guy sue Starbucks over the red cup?" I asked.

"Yes!" she snapped irritably then started to still go on about how stupid Muslims are and are 'Treated the same' in America like we all are.
As if when I pointed out her own stupidity for calling another religion stupid for suing over the obvious when a Christian did the same thing, was not 'the same thing'

I swear America is full of those people who make you look at them like they grew a second head. And anyway, 'Everyone treated the same'? I call Bullshit on that, it seems certain rich and/or religious people, get more than other religious people in America.

I don't think either food, or cloths or books have any magic powers to make you die if you don't buy into them. Having said that, humans are going to buy into those superstitions regardless, so if we are going to have laws protecting individuals then we have to allow the courts to decide if their rights were violated.

I think only eating fish on Friday is just as silly as abstaining from pork. But in the west we still have freedom of religion. If your mom cannot see this she doesn't understand what religious pluralism in the west constitutes.

I actually had worked at a pizza chain where my christian boss rubbed pork residue on a cash register our Jewish co worker was using. I thought it was a dick move and hypocritical. Sure the guy would not die in reality if he knew he had touched it nor would he burn in hell. Also had once a Hindu pull up to the drive through and requested a clean cutter to insure no beef products had touched it. Yes it is silly to me but that is not my choice to decide what our laws are.

If you are going to protect religion, you apply the law equally. The First Amendment does not give Christians a social pecking order where only they drive the bus.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
28-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Is this really much different when Jewish folk sued McDonalds over misleading about the use of pork fat in making their french fries? I don't really recall many people talking "frivolous lawsuit" in their case.
28-05-2017, 09:26 AM
(28-05-2017 09:24 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Is this really much different when Jewish folk sued McDonalds over misleading about the use of pork fat in making their french fries? I don't really recall many people talking "frivolous lawsuit" in their case.

You link seems to lead to an article that focuses on their use of trans fats.

Where's the Jewish part?

28-05-2017, 09:34 AM
(28-05-2017 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-05-2017 09:24 AM)Grauwyler Wrote:  Is this really much different when Jewish folk sued McDonalds over misleading about the use of pork fat in making their french fries? I don't really recall many people talking "frivolous lawsuit" in their case.

You link seems to lead to an article that focuses on their use of trans fats.

Where's the Jewish part?

I brought the fact that I once worked with a Jewish guy and my christian co worker rubbed pork residue on the cash resister behind his back. If he had found out in that case, he would have had a case for a lawsuit against the manager who did it.

My point in bringing that up is while I find dietary religious superstitions to be silly, it is not up to me what a court says, we have freedom of religion in the west regardless. If a civil court thinks this Muslim is telling the truth, they will side with them, if they think he is lying just to get money, they are the ones to determine that too.

It is not up to us to be the court, we can certainly comment on it here, but only a court and a jury decides what laws were or were not broken.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post