Muslim Sues Over Pork On Pizza?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: Muslim Sues Over Pork On Pizza?
(28-05-2017 08:36 PM)big green mouth Wrote:  There's some dispute about the particulars in the case.

Quote:The lawsuit, filed in Wayne County Circuit Court, says the first incident happened March 20. Bazzi and his wife were midway through eating a pizza he had brought home from the shop when they realized it had pork pepperoni.

Bazzi knew it was pork because he used to work in a pizza place and knows the different types of pepperoni, Moughni said. He also said Bazzi's wife could tell because she is a Catholic convert to Islam who grew up eating pork.

They "became sick to their stomach," according to the lawsuit. Three days later, they filed a police report.

The second incident happened May 24, the day before the lawsuit was filed.

When Bazzi confronted the shop manager, according to the lawsuit, she told him at one point that Bazzi had asked an employee to put a halal sticker on the pizza box, a claim Moughni disputes. Bazzi secretly recorded the conversation.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017/05/...347564001/

"Moughni is seeking class-action status for the case."

Would that mean the pigs are a "class" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2017, 09:04 PM
If I buy something labelled "organic" and it turns out not to be, I'll be pissed.

I bet Jenny would be pissed if she bought something labelled "vegan" and it wasn't.

It doesn't matter what it is and who bought it, shit needs to be labelled properly. Period.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-05-2017, 09:08 PM
I seem to recall a case from when I worked as a mechanic at a shop and some people complained. My bosses' attorney wrote a short letter to the complainant about "abuse of process" that terminated in nothing happening. It had to do with cancelling the trash pick up company, believe it or not, threatening to sue over cancellation. I'm thinking that this might be in the same vein- "abuse of process". I guess we'll see.