Muslim-Why are you a Muslim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: Muslim-Why are you a Muslim?
(19-08-2014 10:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:23 AM)Muslim Wrote:  There is no need to prove each statement in Quran; as we have the same copy of Quran, that was written right after the prophet time

How can you know (rather than have faith) that the original Quran did not also have errors in it?

In other words, how could you convince an impartial panel of judges who had never heard of Islam before?
1- Prove God Existence (this will come)
2- The only possible model for God is according to Islam
3- Quran has many scientific facts not known at that time, future predictions, formulas and numbers that cannot be matched in any other books
4- there is at least 3 copies out of the 5 original copies of Quran (So it was not altered)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 06:34 AM
(19-08-2014 10:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 09:55 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  [quote='Muslim' pid='629067' dateline='1408447384']
Quran doesn't have a single error or contradiction (you can create a separate thread for your claims regarding this)

I gave him 32 contradictions but he hasn't replied to me yet, I'm sure when he does he will give me silly pathetic excuses.
where is that?
As I'm new, I have some trouble navigating in the forum; how I can filtered only thread that I participate in?

Anyway, I'm sure that you can read about errors and answers to these errors in Quran.

And I don't have time for every questions, so get your best 3 shots, understand them, then I'll answer them.
23-08-2014, 06:52 AM
(23-08-2014 06:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 10:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can you know (rather than have faith) that the original Quran did not also have errors in it?

In other words, how could you convince an impartial panel of judges who had never heard of Islam before?
3- Quran has many scientific facts not known at that time, future predictions, formulas and numbers that cannot be matched in any other books
4- there is at least 3 copies out of the 5 original copies of Quran (So it was not altered)

1 - Can't wait, I'm sure it won't be like all the other times someone has told us this. Popcorn
2 - How many other religious texts have you honestly studied.
3 - Name these facts of which you speak. I for one am all ears. Drinking Beverage
4 - How do you know they weren't of haven't been altered?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-08-2014, 07:12 AM
(23-08-2014 06:52 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 06:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  1- Prove God Existence (this will come)

1 - Can't wait, I'm sure it won't be like all the other times someone has told us this.
After we finish discussing the other thread (what is a proof)

Quote:2 - How many other religious texts have you honestly studied.
The Bible thoroughly, and a few of others but not very much
Almost all other religions can be refuted in the above proof.
Quote:3 - Name these facts of which you speak. I for one am all ears.
You can read about them
Miracles of Quran
but not to read one topic then come and try to refute it, take your time and read seeking truth

Quote:4 - How do you know they weren't of haven't been altered?
Islam has a unique science and method of authenticating texts called "Hadith"
but this apply for prophet quotes and statement, there is no need to do that for Quran, because the original copy exists now
[Image: 220px-Uthman_Koran_Taschkent_a.jpg]
Not like the Bible which has many versions and no body knows where is the original one
23-08-2014, 07:12 AM
(23-08-2014 06:34 AM)Muslim Wrote:  As I'm new, I have some trouble navigating in the forum; how I can filtered only thread that I participate in?
You can use the search function to do this. Enter your own username into Search by Username field. This will show you the threads you have written in, and those with unread entries will turn up bold.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Why ISIS are muslim ? Muslim?
23-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah... This is a Chris-chun country.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 12:26 PM
(23-08-2014 06:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 10:02 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  How can you know (rather than have faith) that the original Quran did not also have errors in it?

1. They all say that, get in line take a number.
2.^^^^^^^^^^repeat step one
3.^^^^^^^^^^go directly back to step one.
4. ^^^^^^^^^go directly back to step one.

None of what you posted is original that has not been argued by other religions, and Islam isn't even the firs among the religions of Abraham.

Christainity is the one true religion because it is older and the bible says so. The bible matches science. Hebrews are the true religion because they are the oldest and their books say so.

Never occurs to any of you that NONE of you are right and all of you are wrong.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2014, 12:50 PM
(23-08-2014 06:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  1- Prove God Existence (this will come)

I'm glad you put it in order. Most theists presuppose God's existence and jump straight to 2, 3 or 4.

The problem is that they never manage to convince us of step 1.

And you won't either.

This means that we won't have to listen to you going on about steps 2, 3 and 4. Although I do wonder if you'lll give up trying to convince us of the existence of God and try convincing us of the other steps anyway.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
23-08-2014, 01:03 PM
(19-08-2014 09:55 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Intro threads are supposed to be nice, so I had to pull this out of there for everyone to discuss.

(19-08-2014 05:23 AM)Muslim Wrote:  I'm a Muslim because Islam is the only valid and true religion

Quran doesn't have a single error or contradiction (you can create a separate thread for your claims regarding this)

There is no need to prove each statement in Quran; as we have the same copy of Quran, that was written right after the prophet time

I will start with Facepalm

When you have a dialogue with a Muslim, bear in mind that they haven't actually read the Koran because it is in a language they can't understand and they can't read it in their own language.

They don't actually know what their religion is. They know there is an Allah and they have to fast at Ramadan and do a pilgrimage to Mecca and prey to the East on a little mat five times a day.

But that is it. They go on about how their religion says that if they kill one man it is as bad as killing the whole world (such compassion) and then one of them pulls out a knife and slices someone's head off.

It is a cult of people who are kept in the dark about what their religion really says, because of all the religions, Islam has the most incoherent book which is just an endless load of babble about Allah being all compassionate and all merciful and not a lot else. I have a copy in English, being an infidel.

Also, bear in mind that Muslims have no interest in other religions or world history so, although they can get along in the modern world and hold down jobs, they can't engage in any deep conversation about anything outside Islam or popular culture.

Why is anyone a Muslim? They wouldn't know themselves why they are Muslims because they are just told by their family and Imams that they are and that if they stop being one, they are dead meat.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post