Muslim-Why are you a Muslim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 03:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Muslim-Why are you a Muslim?
(25-08-2014 05:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Because you don't follow a logical flow of thoughts

You need to stick to only the thread subject to get a benefit out of the discussion

But as Atheism is very weak, you need to through something from time to time, to evade the main the subject

So because someone ELSE doesn't say what you want to hear, you can't say anything ?

Talk about *weak*.

"Logical flow of thought" = "think like I do, and require, or I can't do my pre-trained rote schtick", and/or "think like I do or it's illogical".
Yeah right.

You have not established any criteria for what is weak or what is strong. Therefore your "atheism is weak" is not only meaningless in context, it's also unsupported by any facts. Assertion with no evidence, and not even an attempt at logic.

Muzzy Wuzzy not doin' so good here. (Not that we expected someone who actually thinks a moon-god created the universe would).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-08-2014, 06:23 AM
(25-08-2014 05:42 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When your starting claim is that of an invisible sky hero and ignoring that others have other invisible sky heros, and no one has evidence that one is required at all, you are in no position to lecture us about how logic flows.

I will tell you what I tell Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sikhs, GET IN LINE AND TAKE A NUMBER!
Agree

Quote:When anyone of you can confirm your sky hero "theory" and beat everyone to the patent office, and win a Nobel Prize, then we can talk.
Do you consider a Nobel prize as a proof?

Quote:But your circular reasoning is hardly new or impressive.
Can you show which part of my statements is circular?

Anyway, not to waist my time, I'll not answer any post, not related directly to the thread topic
If you want really to discuss, any other subject (Killing infidels, Marriage Age, beheading homosexuals, Flying horses, religion of peace, discrimination in Islam, etc. ) you need to open a separate thread for that

I have answers to all questions, and in most cases proofs or at least logical explanation.

I think maybe you have forgotten where you are at. We are atheists and this is an atheist website. Comparing your belief in Allah to other sky hero claims is completely relevant.

Now see if you can spot the pattern.

Jesus/Christian God exists<=The bible says so<=Therefore the Christian god is the only one true god.

The Hebrew God exists<=The Torah, Talmud and OT say so<=Therefore Yahweh is the one true god.

Frank is the one true god<=The book of Frank says so<=Therefore Frank is the one true god.

We do not doubt your sincere belief that you got it right. What we doubt, just like we doubt Christians and Jews, is your perception of reality.

If you want to talk about wasting time, do not ask me to wade in comic books when the sky hero is assumed even before you get to the first word of those comic books.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
25-08-2014, 06:57 AM
(24-08-2014 10:49 AM)phil.a Wrote:  The below post by Muslim points to a really, really interesting thing!

I think that our own belief system always appears as completely true and consistent to us.

Because how could it do otherwise? My belief system is my premise for looking at the world, so very clearly if I look at my premise for looking at the world from that premise, it will look perfectly logical and consistent!

So because it looks perfect from that premise, I'll carry on believing it is perfect, without realising that the reason it appears to me as perfect is only because I already thought that it was perfect. I think I'm seeing truth (and so perhaps get a bit arrogant about it) - but actually, I'm in an echo chamber of my own making.

Obviously this applies to religious belief systems (fundamentalists of most religions believe their religion is the only "true" religion).

However it applies to all belief systems, even rational worldivew belief systems (Caveat emptor)

Phil

Apparently you've never heard of cognitive dissonance. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
25-08-2014, 07:01 AM
(25-08-2014 05:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 06:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  Muslim, every time I peek at one of your threads all I see is you saying that you will say something later. Tongue

When are you going to say something?

I'll pop back in in a day or two and see if you have gotten around to it...
Because you don't follow a logical flow of thoughts

You need to stick to only the thread subject to get a benefit out of the discussion

But as Atheism is very weak, you need to through something from time to time, to evade the main the subject

Non sequitur. You really suck at discussion and logic.

25-08-2014, 07:02 AM
(25-08-2014 05:42 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  When your starting claim is that of an invisible sky hero and ignoring that others have other invisible sky heros, and no one has evidence that one is required at all, you are in no position to lecture us about how logic flows.

I will tell you what I tell Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sikhs, GET IN LINE AND TAKE A NUMBER!
Agree

Quote:When anyone of you can confirm your sky hero "theory" and beat everyone to the patent office, and win a Nobel Prize, then we can talk.
Do you consider a Nobel prize as a proof?

Quote:But your circular reasoning is hardly new or impressive.
Can you show which part of my statements is circular?

Anyway, not to waist my time, I'll not answer any post, not related directly to the thread topic
If you want really to discuss, any other subject (Killing infidels, Marriage Age, beheading homosexuals, Flying horses, religion of peace, discrimination in Islam, etc. ) you need to open a separate thread for that

I have answers to all questions, and in most cases proofs or at least logical explanation.

And yet you never provide any. You are a poseur and a fraud.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2014, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 05:28 PM by Baruch.)
(25-08-2014 05:30 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Because you don't follow a logical flow of thoughts

When your starting claim is that of an invisible sky hero and ignoring that others have other invisible sky heros, and no one has evidence that one is required at all, you are in no position to lecture us about how logic flows.

When anyone of you can confirm your sky hero "theory" and beat everyone to the patent office, and win a Nobel Prize, then we can talk.

But your circular reasoning is hardly new or impressive.

Quote:I will tell you what I tell Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sikhs, GET IN LINE AND TAKE A NUMBER!

When anyone of you can confirm your sky hero "theory" and beat everyone to the patent office, and win a Nobel Prize, then we can talk.

Kind of funny you talk of nobel prizes and Jews + Christians waiting in line. Laughat LaughatLaughatLaughat

There are approx. 1.4 Billion Muslims in the world
(approx. 20% of the world's population) ...and only 8 nobel prizes. [I would say 7 considering giving a noble peace prize to Arafat is a joke]
= ~8% of Noble prizes.

The Global Jewish population is approximately 13.2 million or about 0.2% of the world population. Jews received 166 Nobel Prizes[as of 2005]. (~19% of Noble prizes)

Nobel prizes award between 1901 and 2000 reveals that (65.4%) identify as Christians. [just says identify as Christian - which would probably include many vague liberal non-religious "Christians" too - I dont know the break down of "religious" Christians]

...so your not one to talk about Nobel prizes are you ?

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 2 users Like Baruch's post
25-08-2014, 03:45 PM
(25-08-2014 03:38 PM)Baruch Wrote:  

Quote:I will tell you what I tell Christians and Jews and Hindus and Sikhs, GET IN LINE AND TAKE A NUMBER!

Kind of funny you talk of noble prizes and Jews + Christians waiting in line. Laughat LaughatLaughatLaughat

(approx. 20% of the world's population) ...and only 8 noble prizes. [I would say 7 considering giving a noble peace prize to Arafat is a joke]
= ~8% of Noble prizes.

The Global Jewish population is approximately 13.2 million or about 0.2% of the world population. Jews received 166 Nobel Prizes[as of 2005]. (~19% of Noble prizes)

Nobel prizes award between 1901 and 2000 reveals that (65.4%) identify as Christians. [just says identify as Christian - which would probably include many vague liberal non-religious "Christians" too - I dont know the break down of "religious" Christians]

...so your not one to talk about Noble prizes are you ?

Nobel Prize.

25-08-2014, 05:29 PM
(25-08-2014 03:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:38 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Kind of funny you talk of noble prizes and Jews + Christians waiting in line. Laughat LaughatLaughatLaughat

(approx. 20% of the world's population) ...and only 8 noble prizes. [I would say 7 considering giving a noble peace prize to Arafat is a joke]
= ~8% of Noble prizes.

...so your not one to talk about Noble prizes are you ?

Nobel Prize.

Damn spell checkers. I'll not get the Nobel for literature. Maybe I'll make do with Noble Science.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
21-09-2014, 06:41 AM
(25-08-2014 03:38 PM)Baruch Wrote:  

Kind of funny you talk of nobel prizes and Jews + Christians waiting in line. Laughat LaughatLaughatLaughat

(approx. 20% of the world's population) ...and only 8 nobel prizes. [I would say 7 considering giving a noble peace prize to Arafat is a joke]
= ~8% of Noble prizes.

If you divide the number of winners on their religion population, you will find that Jewish are the most winners because ............. Nobel himself was Jewish
21-09-2014, 06:51 AM
(21-09-2014 06:41 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:38 PM)Baruch Wrote:  Kind of funny you talk of nobel prizes and Jews + Christians waiting in line. Laughat LaughatLaughatLaughat

= ~8% of Noble prizes.

If you divide the number of winners on their religion population, you will find that Jewish are the most winners because ............. Nobel himself was Jewish

No, he wasn't.

Wow. You are an ignorant, lying, bigoted douche bag.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post