Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police
(18-08-2016 10:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 08:29 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And how many of them have resorted to using burqas to get away with robberies here in America?

I have no figures on that, but since burkas still tend to attract a lot of attention in most parts of the country, they would be a stupid choice at this time.

If burkas became common, they would be a perfect choice. In my neck of the woods, many criminals are apprehended because surveillance films are shown on local televisions when there are break ins or robberies. Surveillance cameras would be useless if the criminal wore a burka.

"If burqas become common" being the key phrase. And in that phrase, the word "if" ruling large.

I'm not willing to sanction a large expansion of government powers based on a hypothetical.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-08-2016, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2016 12:20 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(18-08-2016 11:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 10:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have no figures on that, but since burkas still tend to attract a lot of attention in most parts of the country, they would be a stupid choice at this time.

If burkas became common, they would be a perfect choice. In my neck of the woods, many criminals are apprehended because surveillance films are shown on local televisions when there are break ins or robberies. Surveillance cameras would be useless if the criminal wore a burka.

By that logic should we then ban Pantyhose since that can easily fool facial recognition?

Exactly. The first armed robbery I experienced -- I've been through two -- was by a guy pantyhosed facially. Probably took him three seconds to don it outside the store.

(18-08-2016 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 11:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  By that logic should we then ban Pantyhose since that can easily fool facial recognition?

In fairness, even when a criminal is wearing pantyhose over their head and face there are still features that can be made out such as skin and hair color, facial hair or lack thereof. That is not the case with the burqa.

A robber usually keeps his hands clear of entanglements like clothing; they hinder operating the weapon.

(18-08-2016 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Also, they are often wearing clothing that can help to identify them.

They often use a second layer of clothing to cover the first. How would you check for that?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Might as well make public nudity mandatory.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-08-2016, 01:04 PM
(18-08-2016 12:43 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Might as well make public nudity mandatory.

Oh, that doesn't sound like a good idea. No

There are some people that I just don't want to see naked.

Bechased

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-08-2016, 01:06 PM
(18-08-2016 12:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 11:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  By that logic should we then ban Pantyhose since that can easily fool facial recognition?

Exactly. The first armed robbery I experienced -- I've been through two -- was by a guy pantyhosed facially. Probably took him three seconds to don it outside the store.

(18-08-2016 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  In fairness, even when a criminal is wearing pantyhose over their head and face there are still features that can be made out such as skin and hair color, facial hair or lack thereof. That is not the case with the burqa.

A robber usually keeps his hands clear of entanglements like clothing; they hinder operating the weapon.

(18-08-2016 11:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Also, they are often wearing clothing that can help to identify them.

They often use a second layer of clothing to cover the first. How would you check for that?

Just playing devil's advocate.

Pantyhose is not as concealing as a burqa. You can still make out some features.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
18-08-2016, 01:10 PM
(18-08-2016 12:43 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Might as well make public nudity mandatory.

Sounds like a plan!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-08-2016, 02:25 PM
(18-08-2016 01:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Sounds like a plan!

Just stay away from "The People of Wal-Mart".
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
18-08-2016, 03:05 PM
(18-08-2016 02:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 01:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Sounds like a plan!

Just stay away from "The People of Wal-Mart".

We'll drive them underground and force them to evolve into mole people.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-08-2016, 12:43 AM
(18-08-2016 01:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2016 12:17 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Exactly. The first armed robbery I experienced -- I've been through two -- was by a guy pantyhosed facially. Probably took him three seconds to don it outside the store.

Just playing devil's advocate.

Pantyhose is not as concealing as a burqa. You can still make out some features.

In the heat of the moment, not so much. There's that sheen which can obscure skin tone, the tightness which can mask wrinkles.

No doubt a burqa, in a controlled setting, is much more obfuscatory; you're right about that. But eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable, and would be made more so by any sort of facial disguise. And you haven't addressed the point that using a burqa in this culture as a disguise for an attack is likely to draw attention to the attacker before he or she can commit any violent act.

Being much easier to don, pantyhose would be the smart compromise between disguisability and efficiency.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
23-08-2016, 11:19 AM
(17-08-2016 07:34 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  No - she wasn't.

When the cops shouted "stop" - and she didn't -- she was no longer in compliance with the law.

What part of that aren't you willing to accept?

Are you saying the cops shouldn't be able to stop people who they deem suspicious?? If that's the case - why bother having cops???

There is probably a good reason they did not charge her with disobeying a lawful order.

The video shows her getting into the L station. She is behind quite a few people facing in front. She does not see the cops until they are upon her. There is traffic on the street below. Chicago is a loud place. Someone shouting or even screaming stop, would not necessarily distract anyone. Let alone command their attention. Probably less so for someone whose ears are covered in a burka. It's all lost in the normal commotion of a big city.

That aside, there are other legitimate reasons why someone may not stop when told to do so. They may be deaf. Mentally handicapped. Deep in thought. They may not know you are police; maybe because they didn't see you...

Needless to say, she was charged and found innocent of any wrongdoing.

My hunch is the victim made movements with his hands. The officer went into fear mode.

Quote:CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A driver shot and killed by a North Carolina trooper Friday following a brief pursuit was hearing and speech impaired, according to a police report.

The report by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police provides no other details on the impairment of the 29-year-old driver, identified by the State Bureau of Investigation as Daniel Kevin Harris.

Police have indicated that Harris was hearing impaired, however, an online crowdfunding campaign set up in his name indicated Harris was deaf.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlotte-po...mpairment/

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post