Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police
1. My perception of reality is fine thank you

2.I'm not just talking about local cops. I'm talking about everywhere i visited (Minnesota,Vancouver,Washington State,Calgary,Montreal,

3.No it's not me who should have to move. I'm a law abiding tax paying citizen my family been here for over 120 years.And i refuse to uproot my life because a bunch of blue coat jack boots think they can do as they please. It's not me who needs to move it's them who need to held accountable for there actions

4. I love how every police brutality apologist seems to always have convenient minority friends who are fine with the police (but i keep reading accounts by those same groups about police abuse and intimidation) Hnmmm.....Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
15-08-2016, 05:28 PM
1. My perception of reality is fine thank you

2.I'm not just talking about local cops. I'm talking about everywhere i visited (Minnesota,Vancouver,Washington State,Calgary,Montreal,

3.No it's not me who should have to move. I'm a law abiding tax paying citizen my family been here for over 120 years.And i refuse to uproot my life because a bunch of blue coat jack boots think they can do as they please. It's not me who needs to move it's them who need to held accountable for there actions

4. I love how every police brutality apologist seems to always have convenient minority friends who are fine with the police (but i keep reading accounts by those same groups about police abuse and intimidation) Hnmmm.....Dodgy

15-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Oh and last i checked i'm also white

15-08-2016, 05:32 PM
(15-08-2016 05:29 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Oh and last i checked i'm also white

I thought so too. And then I took a snapshot of my taint and I am no longer sure.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-08-2016, 05:35 PM
(15-08-2016 05:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 05:29 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Oh and last i checked i'm also white

I thought so too. And then I took a snapshot of my taint and I am no longer sure.

Big Grin

I need repaint maybe blue or indigo

15-08-2016, 06:58 PM
I just wanted to point out that most American LE officers make significantly more than minimum wage.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2016, 07:54 PM
(15-08-2016 06:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I just wanted to point out that most American LE officers make significantly more than minimum wage.
My students who joined the PA state police with a Bachelors make 4k more than I do a year, starting out from the academy. Edit: Before the overtime.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-08-2016, 08:45 PM
(15-08-2016 04:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's a free country -- (at least so far) -- and you can live where you like.....

If you don't like where you're living -- it's nobody's fault but yours that you're living there...

And don't give me -- "It's cuz you be a white boy" -- I've got black, asian, lesbian and gay neighbors -- they don't have any problems with the law either...

Here is a bit of reality check on your post. No, you don't choose where you live when you are poor. Most of the time, you are born poor and you are forced to live in the worst places because you can't afford to live in a better one. No, you can't just «work your way out of it». The main reason for that is that you are born poor. The schools you must attend to suck, you don't have access to parascholar activities and your parents are neither the most knowledgeable, experimented and present people. This means that any person with roughly equivalent skills born in a more privilege family will have de facto access to much better tools and a much better environment to make him a more productive and successful member of society. They will succeed with much less effort than any poor person of equivalent skills. Determination, confidence, willingness to take risks and hope aren't things you are born with. You develop those values and are taught them. Even poor people could move away, they would move in another shit hole with similar issues. Yes, its the State responsibility to provide to its citizens their basic needs from clean water, electricity, access to basic healthcare, education and protection. Redistributing the wealth of a society to meet the basic needs of all its members is the most important responsibility of any democratic government. Yes, this means richer people must help poor people to pay for their basic needs. If they don't, their grand children might very end at the wrong end of a guillotine blade.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 6 users Like epronovost's post
15-08-2016, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 09:55 PM by DLJ.)
(15-08-2016 12:53 PM)jabeady Wrote:  ...
The police incident report filed at the time that Al Matar was tackled says that the officers in question “were on high alert for terrorist activity”

If this is true, I don't understand why she not taken out with one shot.

Different response / intervention practices will have been defined for each alert level... and the police will have been trained accordingly.

Best practice in security policy would have included the messages that would go out to the public e.g.:
Business As Usual: No stop and search, no warning messages to the public required etc.
Low Alert: News outlets asked to inform the public that there will be greater police presence at community events for e.g. 4th July; otherwise all laws as BAU.
Highest alert: Inform the public that the police are on high alert and highly suspicious behaviour in public areas (e.g. train stations) there will be no warning given; shoot to kill.

Or similar.

There will be evidence of the officially declared Alert Level. There will be policies and practices defined for each level and police action (or lack of action) can be assessed against the defined levels to reach a decision regarding police performance.

Then, if actual performance and defined policy do not match, analysis can be done and conclusions can be reached as to why (e.g. incompetence, lack of training, recruiting methods etc.). Then, recommendations for change can be discussed, assessed, financed, etc.

I very much doubt that any of the Alert Levels contain policy statements that condone sniggering at someone (of any religion, colour or gender) as they are strip-searched.

... but then, it's the US, so who knows?

Drinking Beverage

Meanwhile, without all the data ...

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-08-2016, 09:43 PM
(15-08-2016 08:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 04:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's a free country -- (at least so far) -- and you can live where you like.....

If you don't like where you're living -- it's nobody's fault but yours that you're living there...

And don't give me -- "It's cuz you be a white boy" -- I've got black, asian, lesbian and gay neighbors -- they don't have any problems with the law either...

Here is a bit of reality check on your post. No, you don't choose where you live when you are poor. Most of the time, you are born poor and you are forced to live in the worst places because you can't afford to live in a better one. No, you can't just «work your way out of it». The main reason for that is that you are born poor. The schools you must attend to suck, you don't have access to parascholar activities and your parents are neither the most knowledgeable, experimented and present people. This means that any person with roughly equivalent skills born in a more privilege family will have de facto access to much better tools and a much better environment to make him a more productive and successful member of society. They will succeed with much less effort than any poor person of equivalent skills. Determination, confidence, willingness to take risks and hope aren't things you are born with. You develop those values and are taught them. Even poor people could move away, they would move in another shit hole with similar issues. Yes, its the State responsibility to provide to its citizens their basic needs from clean water, electricity, access to basic healthcare, education and protection. Redistributing the wealth of a society to meet the basic needs of all its members is the most important responsibility of any democratic government. Yes, this means richer people must help poor people to pay for their basic needs. If they don't, their grand children might very end at the wrong end of a guillotine blade.

This may be true in general, but I was poor as piss on a plate as a kid, and did manage to work my way out of it. I had a minimum wage employment out of high school, until I joined the US Navy. I had minimum wage employment after I got out, and worked that (and another minimum wage job) while at the university until I got a job as a mechanic and was able to earn a living while only working 20 hours a week (supplemented by the GI Bill). My father had an 8th grade education, my mother, 9th grade. YMMV. Careful how big a brush you use.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post