Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Muslim Woman Sues Chicago Police
(16-08-2016 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The cops SHOULD suffer consequences IF they acted with malice ---

If they just fucked up???

Nope......

They're allowed to fuck up... Everyone is. You don't go to jail for doing a poor job -- you probably will get fired - and probably should -- if you've got a history of fucking up........

I disagree. Personnel acting in the name of government -- especially armed individuals with the power to arrest or even kill a citizen -- should be held to a higher standard than the general public.

(16-08-2016 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And as far as somebody looking for monetary gain over bad policing???

Not so much.

The county paying out to somebody who's been offended doesn't solve any problems.... It just makes money for lawyers......

I wonder how you'd suggest compensating someone who's suffered wrongly from bad policing?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-08-2016, 11:14 AM
(16-08-2016 10:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And as far as somebody looking for monetary gain over bad policing???

That's ... I don't read the events outlined like that at all. If this was me or my friend I'd be bringing a suit too. The evidence is there to see, the judge can sort it out.

And even if it's just an apology, cops don't get to fuck up and walk away scott free. There has to be accountability.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2016, 12:10 PM
(16-08-2016 11:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  

That's ... I don't read the events outlined like that at all. If this was me or my friend I'd be bringing a suit too. The evidence is there to see, the judge can sort it out.

And even if it's just an apology, cops don't get to fuck up and walk away scott free. There has to be accountability.

I agree there needs to be accountability.

But - when you leave the door open for people to get rich -- when the cops make a mistake -- you invite fraud -- and people setting the cops up.....

Years back - it was the "slip and fall" crowd......

Now, it's the "cops be harrassin' me" bunch...

It ain't just the cops that can be crooked -- it's fucking people in general....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-08-2016, 12:44 PM
... which is why we have courts to adjudicate these matters.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-08-2016, 12:58 PM
"According to police, Itemad Al Matar was ordered to stop, and did not". Okay, that's a case of disobeying a lawful command by a police officer. A crime in itself. She also "pulled away" and apparently ignored verbal instructions.

"Her entire face concealed by a scarf, hat and sunglasses". Sunglasses in a subway station? That's enough reason right there to suspect a woman (or man?) also wearing a niqab.

And at the end of the day, we've only got her word—and no viable collaborating evidence—to support her claims. And contrary to what her defenders (also Muslims unsurprisingly) say about nobody turning to look, the young woman in the white top at the right did turn around (at 0.03 seconds) at the sound of the officer's voice.

It's also a nonsense (in my humble opinion) to accept that five police officers would collude, with no premeditation in this case, to carry out an unlawful act—considering that there's no particular personal rewards involved, and of course they'd be more than aware of CCTVs covering the entire station. I don't know why, but Americans, in considerable numbers, seem to take every available opportunity in denigrating the police and accusing them of breaking the law. As an Aussie, every second US news article I read paints the majority of cops there as homophobic, racist, belligerent thugs invariably looking for trouble. I just can't believe that.

If I'm gonna believe either the word of a single Islamic zealot, or 5 police, it'll be the latter every time.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-08-2016, 12:59 PM
(15-08-2016 10:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:21 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I will respond in a PM, because the details are painful to me, and I don't think that this kind of information should be public knowledge here. I'm not looking for a pity party. My life is what it is. But you asked, so you are going to get to see it, raw.

I am not trying to denigrate you or your struggle but climbing out of poverty has become increasingly difficult over the last 30 years, not that it was easy before.

My apologies. I have strep throat and it's making me kind of cranky. I believe you are correct about the lack of upward mobility these days.
16-08-2016, 01:05 PM

... and when you loose control

You'll reap the harvest you have sown

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
16-08-2016, 01:28 PM
(16-08-2016 07:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 07:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm sticking by my first response --- I'm thinking she was fishing for a lawsuit.

READ THE WHOLE FUCKING ARTICLE BEFORE COMMENTING!!!

She was fully covered up -- including a "scarf, hat and sunglasses" -- NOT real typical "modesty gear" for a Muslim.... Also wearing ankle weights -- again - not real typical..

She was an english student -- -so "STOP" isn't really likely unknown to her.

The cops KNOW they're being filmed. They're not likely to get outrageous .

She's carrying a backpack -- a favored accessory of suicide bombers everywhere...

Sure there's cops who are assholes --- but you really think four of them, would all spontaneously decide to "fuck with the A-rab" for no good reason????????

Just because somebody's got a lawyer who's willing to sue -- does NOT make them a victim.....

Is it hard being so fucking stupid?

whoa there, horsey!

OB and I disagree on many things when it comes to politics and society...

... but him disagreeing with me or anyone else does not mean that he's stupid.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
16-08-2016, 02:01 PM
(16-08-2016 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  If I'm gonna believe either the word of a single Islamic zealot, or 5 police, it'll be the latter every time.
Which, if you are the judge, opens the door to abuse. All they have to do is characterise their victims as "zealots" and you'll rubber stamp anything they do.

You really want that? She's going through the proper channels. She's not drumming up a riot. She's bringing a case, *as any citizen has a right to do*.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-08-2016, 02:20 PM
(16-08-2016 02:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  If I'm gonna believe either the word of a single Islamic zealot, or 5 police, it'll be the latter every time.
Which, if you are the judge, opens the door to abuse. All they have to do is characterise their victims as "zealots" and you'll rubber stamp anything they do.

You really want that? She's going through the proper channels. She's not drumming up a riot. She's bringing a case, *as any citizen has a right to do*.

A "zealot" can be described as a person who's uncompromising in pursuit of their religious ideals and beliefs. As was Al Matar in choosing to wear religiously imposed religious garb—which is out of keeping with the social norms of the Western society she's chosen to live in, and which totally hides her identity in a secure public place. Whenever we visited mosques in Islamic countries, my wife covered her head, and we both removed our shoes as a mark of common courtesy. We also had no expectations of consuming alcohol in our hotels, or in restaurants etc.

So... when Westerners visit and/or work in Islamic countries, we're more than happy to respect their religious traditions, but when Muslims visit our countries, the same respect is not shown towards our Western way of life? And we're expected to bend over backwards and to sit by and see this happening day after day?

All Western countries should follow Switzerland's lead and ban the burqa in public. And impose a $10,000 fine on anybody flouting this law, as the Swiss have recently.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post