Muslim culture of Bachi bazi...the accepted sexual assault of little boys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 06:09 PM
RE: Muslim culture of Bachi bazi...the accepted sexual assault of little boys
(22-09-2015 11:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 11:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Some of the things I've seen people do make child molestation look pretty tame, and so much of it happens right under our noses but out of reach nonetheless due to rules of engagement that are, perhaps, a little too focused on the bigger picture.

One of the experiences I mentioned on a different thread was in regards to a group of militia who had set up outside of a refugee camp set up in response to the shit that was going on in Darfur, which the world refused to acknowledge as genocide due to the legal implications of labeling it as such and the responsibilities which that would incur. Nonetheless, "safe" camps were set up by the U.N. for people to take refuge in. Immigration officials from various countries set up in those camps to start interviewing people to determine whether or not they were eligible for immigration. Though they were, indeed, relatively safe from the extreme violence they had run from while within the borders of the camps, because not everything they needed was available (namely water), their only option for survival while waiting for their prospective host countries to decide whether or not they were worthy was to venture out into the warzone, so to speak. Those militia groups were well aware of this, and presented a constant threat to them. Our rules of engagement were limited to the protection of the camp. If we were to take it upon ourselves to go rogue and get into a scrap outside of its walls, we'd probably be in jail for war crimes. Imagine the look on a 16 year old girl's face as she comes back to the camp, having been gang raped for perhaps the 10th time in a row, in an effort to provide for her younger brothers whose parents were savagely murdered in an attempt to prevent them from being conscripted as child soldiers. That shit haunts even the hardest of people. Those of us who chose to follow the rules are free today, but that freedom came at a price, and it was someone else who paid that price. Sometimes I wonder how differently I'd act when I was younger if I had the mentality I do now, after a decade of reflecting on my actions and the results of those actions. One of the many reasons I chose to leave corrections last year, and law enforcement in general, (besides the higher paycheck) is because I don't think I have enough sanity left to follow the rules anymore. If someone is a danger to society, and I don't believe the system is adequately addressing the problem, I can't promise that I'm not beyond going vigilante.

In Afghanistan, our unit actually became friends with a young boy who would sell us sweet bread and other random stuff during our frequent convoys through his village. We thought we were doing the right thing by paying him well for the service he was providing, given the substantial income gap. But nope, one day other boys got jealous of his success and murdered him in an effort to take over his business. None of the kids involved were even teenagers yet. We had to stop driving through there, because once word got out what happened I imagine there were a number of people who would have flipped and gone on a little boy hunt. Imagine the international headlines that would have triggered, and how little of the truth behind what actually happened ever would have been revealed.

Holy fuck yakherder! Staying sane in such situations must be difficult.

Who says I stayed sane? Hobo

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 06:13 PM
(22-09-2015 06:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 11:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Holy fuck yakherder! Staying sane in such situations must be difficult.

Who says I stayed sane? Hobo

Dodgy

You sound sane, probably just a cover up.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Almost makes you want to coat the whole place in trinitite, doesn't it? Angry

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
23-09-2015, 04:51 PM
(22-09-2015 07:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Almost makes you want to coat the whole place in trinitite, doesn't it? Angry

that or a huge mushroom cloud is sadly the only way to permanently fix that particular problem. Angry

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-09-2015, 05:15 PM
(22-09-2015 06:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 06:09 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Who says I stayed sane? Hobo

Dodgy

You sound sane, probably just a cover up.

cf. HouseOfCantor.

#sigh
23-09-2015, 05:25 PM
I knew bad stuff went on but I had never heard of Bacha Bazi. A quick Google search shows it to be sickeningly accepted in Afghanistan. The hypocrisy is unbelievable. ... So sickening.

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
23-09-2015, 05:33 PM
(23-09-2015 05:25 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I knew bad stuff went on but I had never heard of Bacha Bazi. A quick Google search shows it to be sickeningly accepted in Afghanistan. The hypocrisy is unbelievable. ... So sickening.

I don't wanna look it up. For the sake of my own sanity.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-09-2015, 05:59 PM
(23-09-2015 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2015 05:25 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I knew bad stuff went on but I had never heard of Bacha Bazi. A quick Google search shows it to be sickeningly accepted in Afghanistan. The hypocrisy is unbelievable. ... So sickening.

I don't wanna look it up. For the sake of my own sanity.

Wise words. I wish I hadn't mate

23-09-2015, 06:15 PM

So if the above case is now the norm what is to stop the prosecution of every US soldier who did not violate orders and put an end to this disgusting tradition? They certainly were in a much better position to actually make a difference, what per say could a 20 year old woman in Nazi Germany really have done in that situation other than follow orders or die?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-09-2015, 06:29 PM
(23-09-2015 06:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
So if the above case is now the norm what is to stop the prosecution of every US soldier who did not violate orders and put an end to this disgusting tradition? They certainly were in a much better position to actually make a difference, what per say could a 20 year old woman in Nazi Germany really have done in that situation other than follow orders or die?

I completely agree with the ethical point you're making here Rev but there are some notable differences in these two cases. Specifically the woman being charged from Auschwitz has the misfortunate predicament of being on the losing side! Also, I think a lot of context and real understanding of her position has been lost to the sands of time. Both situations are fucking shit though. Drinking Beverage