Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 08:16 AM by izel.)
Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
[Image: OM5WE3.jpg]

This stupid girl is confusing the difference between social safety in the eyes of the law and religious decree from a guy who developed a women hating cult.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like izel's post
08-07-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(08-07-2016 08:09 AM)izel Wrote:  [Image: OM5WE3.jpg]

This stupid girl is confusing the difference between social safety in the eyes of the law and religious decree from a guy who developed a women hating cult.

We've had this debate in Denmark too. The funny thing is that literally nobody wear burkas in Denmark. It's the same in Switzerland I'm sure. Since burkas are not actually a problem, it seems like there's another reason behind suddenly taking it up than public safety. I think it comes from fear of muslims, not from fear of people with covered faces.
Of course, if you have a law against keeping your face covered in public areas that should go for any type of face-covering, religious or not.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like LadyDay's post
08-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  We've had this debate in Denmark too. The funny thing is that literally nobody wear burkas in Denmark. It's the same in Switzerland I'm sure. Since burkas are not actually a problem, it seems like there's another reason behind suddenly taking it up than public safety. I think it comes from fear of muslims, not from fear of people with covered faces.
Of course, if you have a law against keeping your face covered in public areas that should go for any type of face-covering, religious or not.

Switzerland forbids anyone, male or female, Muslim or not, from wearing the Burqa or anything that would cover your face completely. The prohibition is not just for Muslim women. Do I think this law is mainly for Muslims? Yes! But Switzerland is not Saudi Arabia, maybe someone should remind her why she moved to Switzerland in the first place.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like izel's post
08-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Some people just ain't happy, unless they feel victimized...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-07-2016, 09:17 AM
(08-07-2016 09:01 AM)izel Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  We've had this debate in Denmark too. The funny thing is that literally nobody wear burkas in Denmark. It's the same in Switzerland I'm sure. Since burkas are not actually a problem, it seems like there's another reason behind suddenly taking it up than public safety. I think it comes from fear of muslims, not from fear of people with covered faces.

Switzerland forbids anyone, male or female, Muslim or not, from wearing the Burqa or anything that would cover your face completely. The prohibition is not just for Muslim women. Do I think this law is mainly for Muslims? Yes! But Switzerland is not Saudi Arabia, maybe someone should remind her why she moved to Switzerland in the first place.

I completely agree! She, as I, is fortunate to get to live in a very peaceful, secular, non-authoritarian part of the world, and comparing to Saudi Arabia is being ungrateful, but also making light of the very serious problems in Saudi Arabia.

I'm a little sensitive, since in Denmark, whenever anybody of foreign decent criticize or disagree with anything, however minor, the majority is yelling "THEY SHOULD JUST BE GRATEFUL THEY GET TO LIVE HERE". Which isn't fair. The growing racistic tendencies up here these days worry me.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 5 users Like LadyDay's post
08-07-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry, unless it's a question of public safety I can't support any government legislating what people should wear. What exactly is so terrible about a burqa as compared to any other garment? Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to? Sigh...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-07-2016, 10:04 AM
(08-07-2016 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sorry, unless it's a question of public safety I can't support any government legislating what people should wear. What exactly is so terrible about a burqa as compared to any other garment? Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to? Sigh...

I wouldn't suggest trying it in certain places....

Like a bank.......

You're liable to end up with some minimum wage, gun toting security puke on top of you with a Glock stuck in your ear......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-07-2016, 10:09 AM

Maybe she should move to a country where wearing a burka is permitted?

When I go to someone else's house, I don't start changing their rules.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-07-2016, 10:10 AM
(08-07-2016 10:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sorry, unless it's a question of public safety I can't support any government legislating what people should wear. What exactly is so terrible about a burqa as compared to any other garment? Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to? Sigh...

I wouldn't suggest trying it in certain places....

Like a bank.......

You're liable to end up with some minimum wage, gun toting security puke on top of you with a Glock stuck in your ear......

Banks are perfectly possible to rob sans burqa. If I *was* gonna rob a bank, why would I wear something that would advertise to security "Hey look at me"?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2016, 10:23 AM
(08-07-2016 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Maybe she should move to a country where wearing a burka is permitted?

When I go to someone else's house, I don't start changing their rules.

No, not when you are visiting, but if you become a co-renter, you might very well ask for some changes. Furthermore, when you are visiting another place, you don't change yourself either that much.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post