Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 05:42 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
Is it worth mentioning that the law came into power by a referendum in which 65% voted in favor of the ban?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 06:12 AM
(11-07-2016 05:42 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Is it worth mentioning that the law came into power by a referendum in which 65% voted in favor of the ban?

It's worth to mention it if someone contest the legitimacy of a law, but if one question its wisdom, it's fallacious.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
11-07-2016, 06:27 AM
(11-07-2016 05:42 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Is it worth mentioning that the law came into power by a referendum in which 65% voted in favor of the ban?

I'm not sure. If a law is oppressive of a minority yet 65% vote for it, is it still an OK law?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-07-2016, 06:30 AM
(11-07-2016 05:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 12:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  EK, didja see my post on page 8 (bottom of the page)?

At what point, according to you, do we treat Muslim females as adults who can make their own decisions?

When they are not under the control or authority of Muslim males. Drinking Beverage

And when they are living in a secular democracy such as Switzerland is (as far as I am aware anyway), are they then entitled to make their own decisions? Since legally under such a system Muslim males have no authority over them. Or shall we rather assert ourselves as non-Muslims that they should be under *our* control? They shall wear the dress that *we* allow them to?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-07-2016, 06:31 AM
(11-07-2016 06:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I'm not sure. If a law is oppressive of a minority yet 65% vote for it, is it still an OK law?

Who gets to decide when "majority rules"??

There's all sorts of minorities that would like things to go their way -- polygamists, pedophiles, white separatists, slave traders and meth heads come to mind.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-07-2016, 06:32 AM
(11-07-2016 06:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 06:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not sure. If a law is oppressive of a minority yet 65% vote for it, is it still an OK law?

Who gets to decide when "majority rules"??

There's all sorts of minorities that would like things to go their way -- polygamists, pedophiles, white separatists, slave traders and meth heads come to mind.....

Blacks?

11-07-2016, 06:35 AM
(11-07-2016 06:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 06:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who gets to decide when "majority rules"??

Blacks?
Clarify...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Let's separate the burka from the culture. Lets assume that the burka is replacing the hanging pants as youth fad. It has nothing to do with Islam and was never worn in the middle east. It has nothing to do with gender either. It's a clean slate burka. No history at all. Just suddenly most of the young ones are wearing them. Your kids are wearing them. All the time.

Do you feel the same way about it now?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-07-2016, 06:38 AM
(11-07-2016 06:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  Let's separate the burka from the culture. Lets assume that the burka is replacing the hanging pants as youth fad. It has nothing to do with Islam and was never worn in the middle east. It has nothing to do with gender either. It's a clean slate burka. No history at all. Just suddenly most of the young ones are wearing them.

Do you feel the same way about it now?
Pretty much - but not for the same reasons.......

Hiding one's face by choice, by force or by cultural "Stockholm Syndrome" is still hiding one's face.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-07-2016, 06:55 AM
(11-07-2016 06:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 05:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  When they are not under the control or authority of Muslim males. Drinking Beverage

And when they are living in a secular democracy such as Switzerland is (as far as I am aware anyway), are they then entitled to make their own decisions? Since legally under such a system Muslim males have no authority over them.

Except legality and reality are disparate.

Quote:Or shall we rather assert ourselves as non-Muslims that they should be under *our* control? They shall wear the dress that *we* allow them to?

Again, public safety outweighs this. Religious freedom is not absolute.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user