Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 07:51 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(12-07-2016 01:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  There have been suicide bombers who have concealed the explosives under the burqa.

Suicide bomber in burqa kills 15 people in Chad capital

Burqa-clad suicide bomber kills 45 in Pakistan

And clearly the thing that I'll worry about when I'm going to commit a suicide bombing is that someone will recognise me? People have committed suicide bombings wearing jeans too, I'm pretty sure, not that I'm that keen to google it. Shall we then ban jeans? And you know, people have committed *lots* and *lots* of murders using guns. How about we ban guns? After all it's the tool that kills, not the person.

This isn't about just recognizing the person - it is about recognizing the threat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 07:53 AM
(12-07-2016 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 09:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not comparable. Try again.
How not? It's exactly the situation described?

Exactly? Are you trying to be a moron, dog?

Quote:
Quote:No, the solution is to ban threatening behavior.
... Of which publicly wearing a burqa is such, apparently, even though no one can quite say why. Being Muslim in public seems to be the real threat, but it's just too not-PC to say that.

I have said why. Read my posts.

Quote:
Quote:I'd be interested to know just how many native-born Swiss fundamentalist Muslims there are. I suspect that number is miniscule.
Well hey, I suspect the number of sex slaves is minuscule too, in Switzerland. Let's just forget about their rights too - they're only a few.

Not the point.
No one has a right to threaten others. No one has a right to conceal his or her identity in public.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-07-2016, 07:54 AM
(12-07-2016 01:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well hey, I suspect the number of sex slaves is minuscule too, in Switzerland. Let's just forget about their rights too - they're only a few.

In any case it's not whether they're native born that's important, it's whether they hold citizenship. ETA: And also, is a burqa solely the province of fundamentalists? Slowminded's article on the French decision mentioned that the woman who brought the case was regarded pretty much as a model citizen who'd chosen to wear the burqa of her own free will and was perfectly prepared to remove it for legal purposes such as identification when required to do so.

In any case, this has nothing to do with citizenship. Facepalm

12-07-2016, 07:56 AM
(12-07-2016 02:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  As the king of the USA I hereby decree that no one is allowed to carry a gun in public any more. The reason for this is:
  • Public safety.
  • Guns perpetuate a macho culture which I find offensive.
  • Guns are scary and if I was walking in a park where someone had a gun I would run away.

In support of the public safety argument I will not in fact cite any stats on public safety or on how banning guns will increase public safety, I will instead merely cite numerous examples of armed robberies, mass shootings etc. carried out within the USA using guns.

Since this is exactly the same logic being used to ban burqas no one should have any problem with it. In fact I fully expect the European court of Human Rights to uphold the constitutionality of my ban based on the French concept that banning guns encourages people to "live together".

Anyone who dislikes my decree is welcome to freely choose to peaceably leave the USA.

This is why we don't have kings. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-07-2016, 07:57 AM
(12-07-2016 03:13 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 02:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  Anyone who dislikes my decree is welcome to freely choose to peaceably leave the USA.
The irony is that they will have to leave their guns behind, since they can't take them on the plane with them.

So less people but same amount of guns. The per capita ratio is now much worse than before. Hobo

So what? What has the per capita ratio to do with?

12-07-2016, 08:24 AM
(12-07-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
You can't hide much under normal clothes. It is a matter of degree.

Normal?

Can I take that as humour rather than a cultural bias?

Unsure

Find all posts by this user
12-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Normal???

Loincloth normal....

Signed

Tarzan
12-07-2016, 08:51 AM
(12-07-2016 08:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
You can't hide much under normal clothes. It is a matter of degree.

Normal?

Can I take that as humour rather than a cultural bias?

Unsure

Not bias - the subject is the culture and law in Switzerland.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-07-2016, 12:31 PM
(12-07-2016 12:58 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If we ban burqas due to their ability to conceal weapons then we need to ban most clothes.

Nope. Try hiding a sawn-off shottie, or a machete in a pair of jeans LOL.

Seriously though... I'm unsure as to why you've repeatedly and strongly defended the wearing of the burka in Western countries? Surely as an atheist you should rail against the enforced public display of religious symbology in a nominally secular country—such as Australia for example.

The burka is the ultimate sign of the oppression of Muslim females by their husbands and imams, and this total oppression also prompts their the nonsensical claim that they "choose" to wear such an uncomfortable, impractical, and physically limiting garment. It's also no coincidence that Muslim women who wear all these rags suffer from vitamin D deficiency, which increases the risk of osteomalacia and convulsions in their newborns, and osteoporosis in themselves.

—If Islam was mandated by Allah, and if he wanted women to observe hijab, then logically he wouldn't have created them with the need to get vitamin D from exposing their skin to sunlight.

Ref: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Addressing...0156366460

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
12-07-2016, 01:18 PM
(12-07-2016 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 03:13 AM)Stevil Wrote:  The irony is that they will have to leave their guns behind, since they can't take them on the plane with them.

So less people but same amount of guns. The per capita ratio is now much worse than before. Hobo

So what? What has the per capita ratio to do with?
I was being silly. My post to Morondog wasn't to be taken as a serious argument.