Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 10:27 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(08-07-2016 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Maybe she should move to a country where wearing a burka is permitted?

When I go to someone else's house, I don't start changing their rules.

Do we know that she is not born in Switzerland? Is it wrong for an immigrant to criticize a law they don't agree with in the country they've moved to? Can I, a white, blond, secular Danish woman move to USA even if I disagree with a bunch of your laws and politics?
In other words, how long do I have to live in someone elses house before I can consider it my house?

I still agree that the woman with the tweet is being completely ridiculous in her statement. But I will always defend her right to criticize Swiss legislation, no matter how long she's lived in the country and why she came there.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like LadyDay's post
08-07-2016, 10:38 AM
(08-07-2016 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sorry, unless it's a question of public safety I can't support any government legislating what people should wear. What exactly is so terrible about a burqa as compared to any other garment? Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to? Sigh...

Hmmm. How do you feel about these beautiful pieces of garment?

[Image: 68g2rq.jpg]

It is not about burka, if the law says that you can't go around with your face covered, then you can't go around with your face covered, weather it is burka, balaklava or a KKK outfit, it applies to everybody.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
08-07-2016, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 10:46 AM by izel.)
(08-07-2016 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sorry, unless it's a question of public safety I can't support any government legislating what people should wear. What exactly is so terrible about a burqa as compared to any other garment? Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to? Sigh...

It is the question of public safety, rather we like to admit it or not. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ISLAM and we have to accept that no matter how uncomfortable it may be. Burqa is often related to the more extreme fashion of Islam which makes it even scarier. Call me racist, I don't care, I live in a Muslim country and up until few years ago I was one. Everyone I know and love are Muslim. I know Islam better then most every one of you. We have 3 million Syrians here, and my country has been gripped by a terrorism crisis, with the Islamic State, Kurdish militants, the PKK and TAK, all operating for and in the name of Islam AKA "Islam is the religion of peace." No doubt you’ve heard this before. As an ex-Muslim with a Muslim-only family, I have heard it repeated over and over that Islam is the best religion, Islam is a way of life, Islam is the religion of peace. Mohammed is considered the best human being that ever lived, sinless and perfect in every way. He is considered so perfect that some regard it as blasphemy to not say "Peace Be Upon Him" after his name is mentioned. Besides going to heaven, it is the dream of every good Muslim to emulate Mohammed’s actions. Whatever he did, you must do the same, is called the Sunnah, or a tradition. For example, it is a sunnah to eat with right hand, as Mohammed did, it is a sunnah to lick your fingers after eating, it is sunnah for a man to marry 4 wives, as Mohammed did so, and the list goes on...

Muslims believe that after you die, you are visited by two angels specifically, they come to your graveside, but they are said to visit you even in cases where your physical body is completely disintegrated. These two angels then ask you a series of questions about your faith and your prophet, answer correctly, and the grave widens and becomes a window to paradise, answer incorrectly, and the grave shrinks, crushing you in such a way that your rib cage interlocks and you find yourself in a mini pit of hell, a taste of what is to come after Judgement Day. Bare in mind, I was told all this as a little child. To tell a child that they will be crushed and burnt if they do not obey this also plants the seeds of violence in malleable minds. If I walked up to you and, out of nowhere, proclaimed that I would reward you handsomely in exchange for your undying devotion, and punish you most cruelly if you refuse, would you call that love? Would I be someone worthy of respect, let alone worship? Well, clearly the answer is no!

No doubt you've all heard of evil acts carried out by terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda, ISIS and thousands of groups alike. When I say "I fully condemn these attacks" and almost everyone I know agrees with me. But when I make the observation that they are all Muslim, carrying out what they believe to be their religious obligations, everyone jumps on the Islamophobia and racism and how this has nothing to do with Islam. What the hell is Islamophobia? A man can fly a plane into a building shouting "Allahu Akbar" a prisoner can be publicly beheaded for being an Infidel, suicide bombers can reek havoc while proclaiming the awesomeness of their god, all this can happen and the first statement to be made by Muslims and sympathizers is, "Not all Muslims are terrorists!" Of course not! No one has ever said that, and if they have, then they have no right to be taken seriously. Anyone who believes that over 1 billion people in the world can be classified as terrorist simply for which imaginary friend they have, is an idiot. But, the fact that most acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are done in the name of Allah and of Mohammed does not say anything about Islam at all?

The answer I get every fucking time is "Well, they’re not real Muslims."

Sorry about the long rant Hobo I'm just spilling everything out, makes me feel better Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like izel's post
08-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Double post

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-07-2016, 10:47 AM
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Of course, if you have a law against keeping your face covered in public areas that should go for any type of face-covering, religious or not.

Yeah, people really frown upon you entering a bank with a full face covering motorcycle helmet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-07-2016, 11:23 AM
(08-07-2016 10:41 AM)izel Wrote:  

It is the question of public safety, rather we like to admit it or not. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ISLAM and we have to accept that no matter how uncomfortable it may be. Burqa is often related to the more extreme fashion of Islam which makes it even scarier. Call me racist, I don't care, I live in a Muslim country and up until few years ago I was one. Everyone I know and love are Muslim. I know Islam better then most every one of you. We have 3 million Syrians here, and my country has been gripped by a terrorism crisis, with the Islamic State, Kurdish militants, the PKK and TAK, all operating for and in the name of Islam AKA "Islam is the religion of peace." No doubt you’ve heard this before. As an ex-Muslim with a Muslim-only family, I have heard it repeated over and over that Islam is the best religion, Islam is a way of life, Islam is the religion of peace. Mohammed is considered the best human being that ever lived, sinless and perfect in every way. He is considered so perfect that some regard it as blasphemy to not say "Peace Be Upon Him" after his name is mentioned. Besides going to heaven, it is the dream of every good Muslim to emulate Mohammed’s actions. Whatever he did, you must do the same, is called the Sunnah, or a tradition. For example, it is a sunnah to eat with right hand, as Mohammed did, it is a sunnah to lick your fingers after eating, it is sunnah for a man to marry 4 wives, as Mohammed did so, and the list goes on...

Muslims believe that after you die, you are visited by two angels specifically, they come to your graveside, but they are said to visit you even in cases where your physical body is completely disintegrated. These two angels then ask you a series of questions about your faith and your prophet, answer correctly, and the grave widens and becomes a window to paradise, answer incorrectly, and the grave shrinks, crushing you in such a way that your rib cage interlocks and you find yourself in a mini pit of hell, a taste of what is to come after Judgement Day. Bare in mind, I was told all this as a little child. To tell a child that they will be crushed and burnt if they do not obey this also plants the seeds of violence in malleable minds. If I walked up to you and, out of nowhere, proclaimed that I would reward you handsomely in exchange for your undying devotion, and punish you most cruelly if you refuse, would you call that love? Would I be someone worthy of respect, let alone worship? Well, clearly the answer is no!

No doubt you've all heard of evil acts carried out by terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda, ISIS and thousands of groups alike. When I say "I fully condemn these attacks" and almost everyone I know agrees with me. But when I make the observation that they are all Muslim, carrying out what they believe to be their religious obligations, everyone jumps on the Islamophobia and racism and how this has nothing to do with Islam. What the hell is Islamophobia? A man can fly a plane into a building shouting "Allahu Akbar" a prisoner can be publicly beheaded for being an Infidel, suicide bombers can reek havoc while proclaiming the awesomeness of their god, all this can happen and the first statement to be made by Muslims and sympathizers is, "Not all Muslims are terrorists!" Of course not! No one has ever said that, and if they have, then they have no right to be taken seriously. Anyone who believes that over 1 billion people in the world can be classified as terrorist simply for which imaginary friend they have, is an idiot. But, the fact that most acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are done in the name of Allah and of Mohammed does not say anything about Islam at all?

Sorry about the long rant Hobo I'm just spilling everything out, makes me feel better Laugh out load

You may be fully correct in all that you say, and I can agree with you for some of it. But where I draw the line is where government is telling people what to think - IMO this kind of small-minded dress law is purely government sanctioned harassment. Exactly how does this make a safer society? Even if there is some miniscule impact on public safety do we really want to be a society that legislates what people *wear*? It's too intrusive. And yes, OB, I would be perfectly happy if some dickhead wants to wear his KKK robes and keeps that as his right. Why not?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2016, 11:23 AM
(08-07-2016 10:41 AM)izel Wrote:  It is the question of public safety, rather we like to admit it or not. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ISLAM and we have to accept that no matter how uncomfortable it may be. Burqa is often related to the more extreme fashion of Islam which makes it even scarier. Call me racist, I don't care, I live in a Muslim country and up until few years ago I was one. Everyone I know and love are Muslim. I know Islam better then most every one of you. We have 3 million Syrians here, and my country has been gripped by a terrorism crisis, with the Islamic State, Kurdish militants, the PKK and TAK, all operating for and in the name of Islam AKA "Islam is the religion of peace." No doubt you’ve heard this before. As an ex-Muslim with a Muslim-only family, I have heard it repeated over and over that Islam is the best religion, Islam is a way of life, Islam is the religion of peace. Mohammed is considered the best human being that ever lived, sinless and perfect in every way. He is considered so perfect that some regard it as blasphemy to not say "Peace Be Upon Him" after his name is mentioned. Besides going to heaven, it is the dream of every good Muslim to emulate Mohammed’s actions. Whatever he did, you must do the same, is called the Sunnah, or a tradition. For example, it is a sunnah to eat with right hand, as Mohammed did, it is a sunnah to lick your fingers after eating, it is sunnah for a man to marry 4 wives, as Mohammed did so, and the list goes on...

I just want to say that I understand your passion and feelings. I also get worried when I see a woman in burqa, or more commonly here, hijab, because it speaks of a level of fundamentalism that always worries me.
My parents once, when asked by my boyfriend, said that if god told them to kill someone, they would. They'd have to and they'd believe it would be the right thing to do.
This is the problem with religion. You have to believe that what your god says is right and good, and therefor you should obey. And if you look in the Quran, or in the Bible, and take every word as the literal, holy, word of your god, then it leads you to kill people!
And "they're not real muslims" is not a correct statement. If anything they are extra real muslims, because they do what their god says no matter what. It's the less real muslims who don't kill people. Just like it's the less real christians who don't kill people. Fortunately the less real ones are the majority. Unfortunately the fundamentalists exist in all religions, and they are damn scary!

Hug

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 6 users Like LadyDay's post
08-07-2016, 11:27 AM
(08-07-2016 11:23 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  And "they're not real muslims" is not a correct statement. If anything they are extra real muslims, because they do what their god says no matter what. It's the less real muslims who don't kill people. Just like it's the less real christians who don't kill people. Fortunately the less real ones are the majority. Unfortunately the fundamentalists exist in all religions, and they are damn scary!

Hug

This is the core of the problem in all its absurdity! Bowing

What even adds to the absurdity is that it is the rights of the (innocent) "less real" believers that forces us to refrain from taking action at the belief/religion as a whole.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
08-07-2016, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 02:02 PM by SitaSky.)
I don't think it's fair to compare Switzerland and Saudia Arabia as far as "dictating" what women should wear, two completely different countries with different values set up. I do agree that they should be able to wear whatever they want, if they need to cover their face for a religious purpose, let them! It's not hurting anyone and it's not like it's really going to stop a bank robber from covering their face, they're already committing a crime.

It's like the stupid laws conservatives want to pass in the US stopping trans people from using a bathroom based on their gender identity and not their birth sex, somehow this will stop sexual assault in bathrooms? If a man wants to rape a woman in a bathroom, he will do it anyway, why should he care about the law stating he's not "allowed" in the bathroom? He's not "allowed" to rape people either, unless you can come up with a force field that blocks penises from entering women's restrooms you can't truly stop rapists from entering them.

I don't think the Swiss law is an attack on Muslims, most likely they think it's better to keep an eye on people with their faces showing but it's not really their business how people dress for religious reasons or not as long as they are not going around naked, I don't see what the issue is.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
08-07-2016, 08:57 PM
By all means she should immediately return to Saudi Arabia rather than be discriminated against by those chocolate-loving bastard Swiss.

I'm sure the mullahs are dying to hear what she has to say.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!