Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 03:43 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(08-07-2016 08:09 AM)izel Wrote:  [Image: OM5WE3.jpg]

This stupid girl is confusing the difference between social safety in the eyes of the law and religious decree from a guy who developed a women hating cult.

The Saudis are dictating what women can wear. The Swiss are excluding one item of clothing from being worn by anyone.

Not the same.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-07-2016, 03:45 PM
(13-07-2016 03:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  That is such bullshit. What is the problem with someone having to produce ID to be able to vote? First of all you have to be a certain age to vote. Let's just start there...shouldn't you have to prove you are of that age? I would certainly think so.

People want the privilege of being able to vote but are going to bitch because they need to prove that they are a)old enough, b)meet residency requirements, c)have not lost their right to vote due to criminal actions.

Anyone who won't get a valid US ID, and thereby follow the rules for voting, don't care enough to be able to exercise their right to vote.

The problem is what constitutes a valid ID? In the Religiously Batshit Insane Republic of Texas college students who have established residence in the State through living there to meet the requirement and have registered to vote can't use their student ID. You can however present a gun permit and be allowed to vote. I think every student in the Texas University system should go out and get a gun permit.

Who's to say they haven't?

I just think that there is nothing wrong with having to prove who you are and that you are eligible to vote. I have never had an issue showing my Voter Registration Card and my driver's license at a polling place.

How in the fuck can you get through life without ID anyway. I couldn't get a library card without proving who I was and where I live.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-07-2016, 04:03 PM
(13-07-2016 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you think that people can wear whatever they want without restriction?

I believe that imposing a ban on something like the burqa needs to be justified, that's *all*. And no justification offered so far has been remotely plausible. The closest we've had is "burqas provide anonymity" and "burqas are used to commit crimes". Both of which are true points but both of which are true of many other things as well.

It's not like this is something no one cares about, the people affected by the ban clearly do care about it deeply. So imposing it based on the majority's desire without any logical reason to do so seems to me unjust.

With all that, yes, the Swiss are allowed to make their laws as they see fit. They've held referenda and even the French similar ban has been upheld in the EU courts. There's literally zero chance that it's going to change any time soon. That doesn't make them immune from comment.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-07-2016, 04:06 PM
(13-07-2016 03:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:09 AM)izel Wrote:  [Image: OM5WE3.jpg]

This stupid girl is confusing the difference between social safety in the eyes of the law and religious decree from a guy who developed a women hating cult.

The Saudis are dictating what women can wear. The Swiss are excluding one item of clothing from being worn by anyone.

Not the same.

Both the Saudis and the Swiss are telling someone how to dress. The Saudis based on their backward patriarchal bullshit and the Swiss on their forward-thinking we-know-what's-best-for-you-fuck-you-if-you-disagree bullshit.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-07-2016, 04:14 PM
(13-07-2016 04:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  The Saudis are dictating what women can wear. The Swiss are excluding one item of clothing from being worn by anyone.

Not the same.

Both the Saudis and the Swiss are telling someone how to dress. The Saudis based on their backward patriarchal bullshit and the Swiss on their forward-thinking we-know-what's-best-for-you-fuck-you-if-you-disagree bullshit.

You missed the point. It's not at all the same.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-07-2016, 04:20 PM
(13-07-2016 04:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 04:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  Both the Saudis and the Swiss are telling someone how to dress. The Saudis based on their backward patriarchal bullshit and the Swiss on their forward-thinking we-know-what's-best-for-you-fuck-you-if-you-disagree bullshit.

You missed the point. It's not at all the same.

I seem to be one of few who don't get it. I agree with you, purely on numbers it's not the same. But in terms of intent and effect, it's a dick move on both sides.

13-07-2016, 04:23 PM
(13-07-2016 04:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  The Saudis are dictating what women can wear. The Swiss are excluding one item of clothing from being worn by anyone.

Not the same.

In fairness pretty much all countries have some laws on attire. For example it is mostly illegal to be naked in public.
I think an unjust law is that men can be topless but women cannot.

But there are no cultures or religions that require women to bare breasts so we aren't excluding those cultures from our countries.

With the burqa, some people see this as a religious or cultural requirement. So if you ban the burqa then you are excluding that culture, excluding that religion.

Now, as much as I would love to see a world without religion, I also don't want my country's laws to exclude religious people.

It's actually an opportunity for people. Perhaps they come from a deeply religious place, perhaps they are used to and ingrained into wearing a burka. They come to my country and have the safety of knowing they can wear their burka. They do so and don't get hassled for it. Noone pushes them and they have no reason to push back or get more resolute in their insistence on wearing it. It becomes a non issue.

Perhaps over time, they get used to seeing other women's faces, perhaps over time they give it a try, revealing their eyes in public, perhaps then revealing their face and then perhaps their hair. Who knows?

But it might be an opportunity for some women to slowly release those chains. If we outright ban it, then those women will stay in their own country and will never get to experience a more tolerant society such as NZ. For NZ to allow the burqa there is no down side to it. Burqas aren't dangerous to our society.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
13-07-2016, 04:38 PM
(13-07-2016 04:23 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 04:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  Both the Saudis and the Swiss are telling someone how to dress. The Saudis based on their backward patriarchal bullshit and the Swiss on their forward-thinking we-know-what's-best-for-you-fuck-you-if-you-disagree bullshit.
In fairness pretty much all countries have some laws on attire. For example it is mostly illegal to be naked in public.
I think an unjust law is that men can be topless but women cannot.

But there are no cultures or religions that require women to bare breasts so we aren't excluding those cultures from our countries.

With the burqa, some people see this as a religious or cultural requirement. So if you ban the burqa then you are excluding that culture, excluding that religion.

Now, as much as I would love to see a world without religion, I also don't want my country's laws to exclude religious people.

It's actually an opportunity for people. Perhaps they come from a deeply religious place, perhaps they are used to and ingrained into wearing a burka. They come to my country and have the safety of knowing they can wear their burka. They do so and don't get hassled for it. Noone pushes them and they have no reason to push back or get more resolute in their insistence on wearing it. It becomes a non issue.

Perhaps over time, they get used to seeing other women's faces, perhaps over time they give it a try, revealing their eyes in public, perhaps then revealing their face and then perhaps their hair. Who knows?

But it might be an opportunity for some women to slowly release those chains. If we outright ban it, then those women will stay in their own country and will never get to experience a more tolerant society such as NZ. For NZ to allow the burqa there is no down side to it. Burqas aren't dangerous to our society.

I asked this before in this thread, but it was largely ignored. So, again:

Let's assume the burka was not connected to Islam or Muslims or anything at all. We have a clean slate burka.

But, the latest youth generation has adopted it as the "in fashion", like the droopy pants before.

You have teens and they are wearing it.

How do you feel about it now?

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-07-2016, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 05:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-07-2016 03:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 03:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The problem is what constitutes a valid ID? In the Religiously Batshit Insane Republic of Texas college students who have established residence in the State through living there to meet the requirement and have registered to vote can't use their student ID. You can however present a gun permit and be allowed to vote. I think every student in the Texas University system should go out and get a gun permit.

Who's to say they haven't?

They are clever and creative and persistent, especially the hippies and chicos and darkies and wokheads and kikes at UT Austin.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-07-2016, 05:09 PM
For a system of justice to act effectively, people need to be identified in nearly all their encounters with other people.

Let's look at a city with half the people concealing their identity through means similar to wearing burkas.
Everyone dresses the same and has the same coverings, same color, etc.
The only differences would possibly be height & weight.
No other distinguishing marks would be able to be seen.

Someone robs a bank wearing a burka. Now it's not this activity that's a problem, because most bank robbers try their best to conceal any feature from identification. It's when that robber leaves the bank and enters into a population of people, half of which look exactly like he or she does while robbing the bank.

The police are able to assess that the robber is about 6' tall and approximately 200 lbs.
The police then arrest every person wearing a burka that is about 6' tall and about 200 lbs.
Based on the available evidence every single one of them are sent to jail for bank robbery.

They all say "It wasn't me. I wasn't there."
Police -"Do you have anyone who can identify you outside the bank at the time the robbery was going on ?"

Since they all look alike, the police cannot differentiate one from the other and thus justice cannot exist in this kind of society.
The police cannot determine who, out of a group of 2000 identical people who are 6' tall and about 200 lbs, which one committed the crime.

You can repeat this scenario for a thousand more crimes that cannot be solved.

Let's also imagine a large cloning experiment gone wrong.
250,000 clones of one person are released into a city and they all dress alike every single day.
For the sake of this experiment, let's say they all look like me. (Devilishly handsome Smile

You cannot have an effective form of justice in a city like this if half the people are clones of one person who all wearing the same clothes every day.

Rape, murder, robbery.- How could you know if you were convicting the right person ?

A ban on concealing ones identity is needed in a large population if justice is to have any meaning at all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post