Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(08-07-2016 10:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Why shouldn't I veil my face if I want to?

Huh

[Image: img614]

[Image: slc102711_01.jpg]

Confused

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 05:26 PM
(13-07-2016 04:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  I asked this before in this thread, but it was largely ignored. So, again:

Let's assume the burka was not connected to Islam or Muslims or anything at all. We have a clean slate burka.

But, the latest youth generation has adopted it as the "in fashion", like the droopy pants before.

You have teens and they are wearing it.

How do you feel about it now?
I don't think that I'd be happy if my girls chose to do this.

But it is their choice, not mine.
I'm sure they will make many choices that I am not happy with.
13-07-2016, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 05:52 PM by Rahn127.)
Secular laws may limit what you want to do as an act of your religion.
Secular laws do this as a way for everyone to be treated equally under the law, so everyone can receive the same level of justice.

Justice for all

What you may want to do as an act of your religious belief doesn't trump secular law.
You can't chop a chickens head off and fling blood at people on the street because you believe you are casting out demons.

Secular laws do dictate that we must be dressed while in public. In most places, we usually cannot get away with walking around naked.
There are exceptions.

While at the beach, we wear beach attire. We usually don't wear a bikini to a board room meeting, nor a PTA meeting.

What we wear and where we wear it, is dictated, to a degree, by the state.

I truly doubt the Swiss government would be all that upset if a burka was worn during a religious ceremony.
Just don't have that ceremony last all day on the public streets.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-07-2016, 05:49 PM
(13-07-2016 05:26 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 04:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  I asked this before in this thread, but it was largely ignored. So, again:

Let's assume the burka was not connected to Islam or Muslims or anything at all. We have a clean slate burka.

But, the latest youth generation has adopted it as the "in fashion", like the droopy pants before.

You have teens and they are wearing it.

How do you feel about it now?
I don't think that I'd be happy if my girls chose to do this.

But it is their choice, not mine.
I'm sure they will make many choices that I am not happy with.

You would not be worried about some fidgety cop shooting them if they make a move he figures could be reaching for a gun? You would not worry about your girl's safety when the boys are all disguised and could not be identified after committing rape? Are you really thinking this through?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Mister. Mister, why do you hide your face?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-07-2016, 06:06 PM
(13-07-2016 05:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  You would not be worried about some fidgety cop shooting them if they make a move he figures could be reaching for a gun? You would not worry about your girl's safety when the boys are all disguised and could not be identified after committing rape? Are you really thinking this through?
In NZ, the cops don't generally carry guns.
We do have some people walking around in burqa's and I don't think any have been shot by the police. So that isn't a worry.
If it were a worry then I'd be arguing against guns in society, arguing against cops carrying guns rather than outlawing or burqas.

Regarding rape. I'm not sure that a girl in a burqa is more likely to be raped?
I'd certainly advise my girls to be safe smart. Walk in well lit places, walk in public places where it isn't easy for them to get grabbed unnoticed. The usual safety stuff. Doesn't really matter if other people have faces covered or not, my girls need to be careful anyway. Most rapes are familiars. They also need to be careful accepting drinks from people. If they are going to go out drinking, make sure they have girl friends with them, etc. If burqa clad people present a higher danger, then avoid them, easy to do because you can spot them easily.
13-07-2016, 06:17 PM
(13-07-2016 06:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 05:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  You would not be worried about some fidgety cop shooting them if they make a move he figures could be reaching for a gun? You would not worry about your girl's safety when the boys are all disguised and could not be identified after committing rape? Are you really thinking this through?
In NZ, the cops don't generally carry guns.
We do have some people walking around in burqa's and I don't think any have been shot by the police. So that isn't a worry.
If it were a worry then I'd be arguing against guns in society, arguing against cops carrying guns rather than outlawing or burqas.

Regarding rape. I'm not sure that a girl in a burqa is more likely to be raped?
I'd certainly advise my girls to be safe smart. Walk in well lit places, walk in public places where it isn't easy for them to get grabbed unnoticed. The usual safety stuff. Doesn't really matter if other people have faces covered or not, my girls need to be careful anyway. Most rapes are familiars. They also need to be careful accepting drinks from people. If they are going to go out drinking, make sure they have girl friends with them, etc. If burqa clad people present a higher danger, then avoid them, easy to do because you can spot them easily.

It's not that the burka makes your girls a target. It is that rapists can do so without fear of being identified by your girls. Lots of rapes happen in schools, and next to zero are ever reported. Women, and especially young girls, are too ashamed, too terrified and most of all, not at all wanting to go through examinations of the abused parts and subjected to all kinds of blaming. The great majority of rapes go without being reported.

Now, on top of that, reporting a rape that was committed by boys in burkas is pointless, only more injury will come from it. There will be no justice done.

I bet even in NZ there are plenty of boys who would take advantage of such a situation.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-07-2016, 06:22 PM
(13-07-2016 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Now, on top of that, reporting a rape that was committed by boys in burkas is pointless, only more injury will come from it. There will be no justice done.

I bet even in NZ there are plenty of boys who would take advantage of such a situation.
Rape usually involves leaving DNA behind. DNA is better than a person's recognition of a face.

In NZ the burqa is legal. I haven't seen any newspaper articles about a problem of people being raped by burqa clad attackers.

Is this really a problem?
13-07-2016, 06:39 PM
(13-07-2016 06:22 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Now, on top of that, reporting a rape that was committed by boys in burkas is pointless, only more injury will come from it. There will be no justice done.

Rape usually involves leaving DNA behind. DNA is better than a person's recognition of a face.

In NZ the burqa is legal. I haven't seen any newspaper articles about a problem of people being raped by burqa clad attackers.

Is this really a problem?

Well, NZ is a much more civilized country. Here in the US I would definitely consider it a problem.

One in 5 women here have reported having been raped. The number of women who don't report it is much, much higher.

13-07-2016, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 07:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-07-2016 03:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have never had an issue showing my Voter Registration Card and my driver's license at a polling place.

I have never had to show anything other than my handsome face and answer a few questions like where I live and shit. .... fucking fascist Texans.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus