Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 07:44 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(14-07-2016 07:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 07:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Is that what we have here in the US, which permits burqas, and variety of other religious head dressings and outfits? A parallel society based on religious laws?

Why the Swiss and other countries have a difficult time integrating immigrants, comes as no surprise.

Is this you?

No, it's not.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 07:45 AM
(14-07-2016 07:44 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 07:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Is this you?

No, it's not.

[Image: 14511569-illustration-depicting-a-green-....jpg?ver=6]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 08:01 AM
(13-07-2016 09:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 08:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, we won't accomplish anything here.

I thought we might if we removed the religious/cultural aspects, but not so.

You have a nice day, it's time to cook dinner here. Thumbsup
It's the aspect of govt forcing certain unnecessary restrictions on people that is the real issue.

I am happy for govt to make us safe by making guns and knives, swords, machettes etc illegal, cause those things are dangerous weapons.

But a piece of cloth isn't dangerous. I can see the argument that perhaps anonymity may make someone braver and allows them to perform a crime and perhaps not get caught. But there are many ways to hide your face. A balaclava, a mask, a stocking, a bandanna etc.
A burka is the lest of your worries.

I do feel, however it is the perception that a burka is a repression of a woman which is the real reason why some people want the burka to be outlawed that coupled with the fact that they don't see it as part of their current culture.

A piece of cloth is not dangerous, but the wearing of it may well be.

Guns and knives aren't dangerous, but their use might well be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2016, 08:04 AM
(14-07-2016 07:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Do you actually think having "a parallel society based on religious laws" is safe? Consider

Is that what we have here in the US, which permits burqas, and variety of other religious head dressings and outfits? A parallel society based on religious laws?

Look at many European countries - England comes to mind. There are areas that are essentially Muslim controlled and Sharia prevails.
They hassle and assault non-Muslims who do not conform to their rules.
That is the unsafe parallel society.

Quote:Why the Swiss and other countries have a difficult time integrating immigrants, comes as no surprise. If you imagine that immigrants should be integrated into society by force, then you're not doing it right.

If they don't wish to integrate, why are they there? Consider

14-07-2016, 08:24 AM
(14-07-2016 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  A piece of cloth is not dangerous, but the wearing of it may well be.

Therefore let's ban all guns, knives, and pieces of cloth Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-07-2016, 08:40 AM
(14-07-2016 08:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  A piece of cloth is not dangerous, but the wearing of it may well be.

Therefore let's ban all guns, knives, and pieces of cloth Smile

No, let's regulate their use. Drinking Beverage

14-07-2016, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 08:57 AM by Tomasia.)
(14-07-2016 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Look at many European countries - England comes to mind. There are areas that are essentially Muslim controlled and Sharia prevails.

Yet, look at Dearborn, which is 40% Arab Americans, and for whom none of these features are present. So what has Dearborn, done right to avoid the integration issues, and difficulty posed by the muslim population in Europe? Clearly it wasn't by banning Burqas, or forcing Muslims to integrate into US society.

The question is not whether integrating muslims into European society has posed a challenge, but whether policies like banning burqas, attempts to integrate through force, are effective means of doing so. Which is likely not to be the case, and will perhaps extend the narrative that muslims are not welcome in these nations, and further isolation, and prejudice.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
14-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(14-07-2016 08:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Look at many European countries - England comes to mind. There are areas that are essentially Muslim controlled and Sharia prevails.

Yet, look at Dearborn, which is 40% Arab Americans, and for whom none of features are present. So what has Dearborn, done right to avoid the integration issues, and difficulty posed by the muslim population in Europe? Clearly it wasn't by banning Burqas, or forcing Muslims to integrate into US society.

The question is not whether integrating muslims into European society has posed a challenge, but whether policies like banning burqas, attempts to integrate through force, are effective means of doing so. Which is likely not to be the case, and will perhaps extend the narrative that muslims are not welcome in these nations, and further isolation, and prejudice.

Are you intending to be disingenuous with your mention of Dearborn? How many of those of Arabic descent are Muslim? How many are Fundamentalist?
In fact, most of them are not even recent immigrants.

Wikipedia Wrote:The city's population includes 40,000 Arab Americans.[19] Arab Americans own many shops and businesses, offering services in both English and Arabic. Per the 2000 census, Arab Americans totaled 29,181 or 29.85% of Dearborn's population; many are from families who have been in the city since the early 20th century. The city has the largest proportion of Arab Americans in the United States. As of 2006 Dearborn has the largest Lebanese American population in the United States.

And you are avoiding the fact that we aren't talking about the U.S. or about forced integration.

14-07-2016, 09:44 AM
(14-07-2016 09:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  And you are avoiding the fact that we aren't talking about the U.S. or about forced integration.

No, you're talking about a problem, posed by Muslim integration issues in areas like Switzerland, and present banning, and fining people for wearing Burqas as a solution to that.

I'm pointing to the US as a western nation, that has done quite well in integrating muslim immigrants, and immigrants in general into the larger society, and clearly not by banning or fining people for wearing burqas, or banning minarets.

[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
14-07-2016, 10:15 AM
(14-07-2016 09:44 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 09:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  And you are avoiding the fact that we aren't talking about the U.S. or about forced integration.

No, you're talking about a problem, posed by Muslim integration issues in areas like Switzerland,

The thread is about Switzerland and that is what I have been addressing.

Quote:and present banning, and fining people for wearing Burqas as a solution to that.

Nowhere did I talk about fining. Why do you make shit up and attribute it to people?

Quote:I'm pointing to the US as a western nation, that has done quite well in integrating muslim immigrants, and immigrants in general into the larger society, and clearly not by banning or fining people for wearing burqas, or banning minarets.

Your example of Dearborn was not apt as explained above.