Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(14-07-2016 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 09:44 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, you're talking about a problem, posed by Muslim integration issues in areas like Switzerland,

The thread is about Switzerland and that is what I have been addressing.

Quote:and present banning, and fining people for wearing Burqas as a solution to that.

Nowhere did I talk about fining. Why do you make shit up and attribute it to people?

The Swiss policy fines individuals for wearing the Burqa up to $10,000, and you're here defending that policy, or at least presenting yourself as defending it.

Quote:I'm pointing to the US as a western nation, that has done quite well in integrating muslim immigrants, and immigrants in general into the larger society, and clearly not by banning or fining people for wearing burqas, or banning minarets.

Your example of Dearborn was not apt as explained above.

No, it's an apt example, just like American muslims in general, of integration done right.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2016, 02:55 PM
(14-07-2016 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  A piece of cloth is not dangerous, but the wearing of it may well be.

Guns and knives aren't dangerous, but their use might well be.
We would never suggest that a burqa be put on safety mode.
Be unloaded and kept under lock and key.
We wouldn't suggest that special training and licencing be under taken for ownership of a burqa.

Burkas are not dangerous weapons.
14-07-2016, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 03:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-07-2016 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  A piece of cloth is not dangerous, but the wearing of it may well be.

We wouldn't suggest that special training and licencing be under taken for ownership of a burqa.

My Special Forces best man says he knows 10 ways to kill me with a Burka. ... just sayin'. I think it was Fireball who said something like "The weapon is between the ears, the instruments are where you find them."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-07-2016, 03:50 PM
I only read so far into this thread, but here is some food for thought....

Anytime a law is passed that is perceived or outrightly diminishes a group's feelings or personal freedoms, they are emboldened to fight back at the injustice.

We can call them protestors or depending on where they're from 'radicalized', but it happens quick.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Well fuck, I think we just pre-emptively arrest everyone. They've gotta be guilty of something.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-07-2016, 07:17 PM
You know, time and history are funny things. When the Ottomans defeated the Mongols there were wild celebrations in the west.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-07-2016, 07:57 AM
(14-07-2016 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

And I didn't say they were. Try to follow the actual discussion. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2016, 02:49 PM
(14-07-2016 03:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 02:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  We would never suggest that a burqa be put on safety mode.

My Special Forces best man says he knows 10 ways to kill me with a Burka. ... just sayin'. I think it was Fireball who said something like "The weapon is between the ears, the instruments are where you find them."
Yeah, well. He could probably use a rope, a belt, a shirt, perhaps his bare hands or even his little toe.

We can't ban clothes or lock up all the special forces people.
15-07-2016, 02:54 PM
(15-07-2016 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  And I didn't say they were. Try to follow the actual discussion. Facepalm
Typical chas aggressive putdowns. Wouldn't expect any civility from you.

You know the flow, my comments were direct response to the silly hardly understandable comments you made.

If you really think burqa is dangerous then tell us why you think so.

If your worried that people can conceal weapons under a burka, then outlaw the weapons.
If you are worried about not knowing a person's identity, I mean, when you walk a street, how many of the people you pass, do you know their identity?
We are all part of the faceless masses.
15-07-2016, 03:04 PM
(15-07-2016 02:54 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 07:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  And I didn't say they were. Try to follow the actual discussion. Facepalm
Typical chas aggressive putdowns. Wouldn't expect any civility from you.

And your typical whiny ad hominem response.

Quote:You know the flow, my comments were direct response to the silly hardly understandable comments you made.

If you really think burqa is dangerous then tell us why you think so.

If your worried that people can conceal weapons under a burka, then outlaw the weapons.

Have you read any of the other posts that point out that that kind of anonymity is a boon to criminal behavior?

Quote:If you are worried about not knowing a person's identity, I mean, when you walk a street, how many of the people you pass, do you know their identity?
We are all part of the faceless masses.

That's actually where you miss the point. We are not faceless. Only the ones wearing masks are, and a burka makes it total.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user