Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(08-07-2016 10:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wouldn't suggest trying it in certain places....

Like a bank.......

You're liable to end up with some minimum wage, gun toting security puke on top of you with a Glock stuck in your ear......

Banks are perfectly possible to rob sans burqa. If I *was* gonna rob a bank, why would I wear something that would advertise to security "Hey look at me"?

You don't have to appeal to my sense of logic ---- I'm just telling you how minimum wage pinheads can react...................

We've seen it before........ Like the two jackoff security turds in Detroit that tasered a guy to death a few years back---- because he didn't respect "their authortity..".......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2016, 10:23 PM
While wearing a burka someone stabs someone else in broad daylight around a lot of witnesses.

Police -" Can you describe the attacker ?"

Witness -" It was her in the burka or maybe her in the burka or her in the burka."

Police - "No problem, we will charge them all with murder."

Witness -"Or maybe ban the wearing of burkas ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-07-2016, 01:11 AM
(08-07-2016 10:23 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Maybe she should move to a country where wearing a burka is permitted?

When I go to someone else's house, I don't start changing their rules.

No, not when you are visiting, but if you become a co-renter, you might very well ask for some changes. Furthermore, when you are visiting another place, you don't change yourself either that much.

When I lived in Iran, I certainly didn't expect them to adopt American standards. When I lived in Spain, I learnt Spanish. When I was stationed in Saudi Arabia, I enforced local customs upon my subordinates when we were out on the town, off-base.The "arrogant American" is a stereotype for a reason ... but the reason is not isolated to Americans. The same criticism which applies to us applies to everyone, no?

If you don't like the culture of the place you yourself have chosen to move to, sure, you can try to change it. But don't be surprised if you get pushback. Pick your battles wisely.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-07-2016, 01:18 AM
(08-07-2016 10:23 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  While wearing a burka someone stabs someone else in broad daylight around a lot of witnesses.

Police -" Can you describe the attacker ?"

Witness -" It was her in the burka or maybe her in the burka or her in the burka."

Police - "No problem, we will charge them all with murder."

Witness -"Or maybe ban the wearing of burkas ?"

How many stabbings or indeed any type of killing avec burqa have there been? Is there a justification for this? 'Cos to me it seems simply like thinly veiled harassment with a bit of legal gilding on it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-07-2016, 01:19 AM
(08-07-2016 10:27 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Maybe she should move to a country where wearing a burka is permitted?

When I go to someone else's house, I don't start changing their rules.

Do we know that she is not born in Switzerland? Is it wrong for an immigrant to criticize a law they don't agree with in the country they've moved to? Can I, a white, blond, secular Danish woman move to USA even if I disagree with a bunch of your laws and politics?
In other words, how long do I have to live in someone elses house before I can consider it my house?

I still agree that the woman with the tweet is being completely ridiculous in her statement. But I will always defend her right to criticize Swiss legislation, no matter how long she's lived in the country and why she came there.

A fair point. But a little respect goes a long ways towards easing the process of communication.

I may well be guilty of assumption here, but I was thinking of her as an immigrant, not native-born -- in which case her critique must also be colored by the fact that she chose that country to which to move. Was she unaware of the social mores and laws? Was she aware of them? Was she born into them?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-07-2016, 01:22 AM
(09-07-2016 01:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:27 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Do we know that she is not born in Switzerland? Is it wrong for an immigrant to criticize a law they don't agree with in the country they've moved to? Can I, a white, blond, secular Danish woman move to USA even if I disagree with a bunch of your laws and politics?
In other words, how long do I have to live in someone elses house before I can consider it my house?

I still agree that the woman with the tweet is being completely ridiculous in her statement. But I will always defend her right to criticize Swiss legislation, no matter how long she's lived in the country and why she came there.

A fair point. But a little respect goes a long ways towards easing the process of communication.

I may well be guilty of assumption here, but I was thinking of her as an immigrant, not native-born -- in which case her critique must also be colored by the fact that she chose that country to which to move. Was she unaware of the social mores and laws? Was she aware of them? Was she born into them?

If the law was recently changed, she could have been perfectly legal to live there before while wearing her burqa. Now suddenly not.

IMO it's not that burqas or the people wearing them are a threat, it's that they're a symbol of those scary Muslims living in your neighbourhood.

If adopting the customs of the place where you move extends to adopting the national dress why don't the Swiss make it law that everyone must wear lederhosen and practice yodelling on weekends? Mind you, the way those muezzin carry on, they've probably got the Swiss beat on that score.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-07-2016, 01:24 AM
(08-07-2016 10:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  Of course, if you have a law against keeping your face covered in public areas that should go for any type of face-covering, religious or not.

Yeah, people really frown upon you entering a bank with a full face covering motorcycle helmet.

My credit union demands the removal of helmets, hats, masks (!), and sunglasses.
09-07-2016, 01:30 AM
(09-07-2016 01:24 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, people really frown upon you entering a bank with a full face covering motorcycle helmet.

My credit union demands the removal of helmets, hats, masks (!), and sunglasses.

Which is perfectly reasonable...

09-07-2016, 01:32 AM
(09-07-2016 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 01:19 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A fair point. But a little respect goes a long ways towards easing the process of communication.

If the law was recently changed, she could have been perfectly legal to live there before while wearing her burqa. Now suddenly not.

IMO it's not that burqas or the people wearing them are a threat, it's that they're a symbol of those scary Muslims living in your neighbourhood.

I get what you're saying, these sorts of things are appeals to latent (or not-so-goddamned-latent) xenophobia. And in one sense you're right.

And as I've said above, I may well be guilty of making assumptions, and am willing to be corrected publically if that is so.

(09-07-2016 01:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  If adopting the customs of the place where you move extends to adopting the national dress why don't the Swiss make it law that everyone must wear lederhosen and practice yodelling on weekends? Mind you, the way those muezzin carry on, they've probably got the Swiss beat on that score.

Well, I'd think any law requiring lederhosen and especially yodeling would violate several human-rights agreements. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-07-2016, 01:42 AM
(09-07-2016 01:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  And as I've said above, I may well be guilty of making assumptions, and am willing to be corrected publically if that is so.

I'm not exactly arguing from a position of strength here - I'm just reacting with my gut to the law, it revolts me. I can't in the final instance say completely why, just that it seems like a gross imposition.