Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
I really hate to bring this topic to the forefront again but a video popped up on my YouTube feed in which a lawyer tried to argue that it wasn't his client under the burqa who was pulled over by the police.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 12:28 AM
(13-09-2016 08:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I really hate to bring this topic to the forefront again but a video popped up on my YouTube feed in which a lawyer tried to argue that it wasn't his client under the burqa who was pulled over by the police.

I ain't got data so I'm not watching the video but I understand Aussie law was changed after this incident. It's obviously ridiculous to expect to keep wearing a face covering when challenged by law enforcement, but there's a big difference between that and being banned from wearing it at all times.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-09-2016, 10:11 AM
(14-09-2016 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 08:52 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I really hate to bring this topic to the forefront again but a video popped up on my YouTube feed in which a lawyer tried to argue that it wasn't his client under the burqa who was pulled over by the police.

I ain't got data so I'm not watching the video but I understand Aussie law was changed after this incident. It's obviously ridiculous to expect to keep wearing a face covering when challenged by law enforcement, but there's a big difference between that and being banned from wearing it at all times.

Not a big difference. Being able to commit crimes while being unidentifiable is a danger to society.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-09-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't mind anyone covering one's hair but, covering the face is odd. It separates everyone psychologically. If we're supposed to live together on this planet, I think covering the face drives home the point that some should be here and some shouldn't.

My grandma wore a babushka - no big whoop. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-09-2016, 10:27 AM
(14-09-2016 10:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  I ain't got data so I'm not watching the video but I understand Aussie law was changed after this incident. It's obviously ridiculous to expect to keep wearing a face covering when challenged by law enforcement, but there's a big difference between that and being banned from wearing it at all times.

Not a big difference. Being able to commit crimes while being unidentifiable is a danger to society.

... and a burqa and/or niqab is the only way to accomplish this, of course.
14-09-2016, 10:37 AM
(14-09-2016 10:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 10:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not a big difference. Being able to commit crimes while being unidentifiable is a danger to society.

No, that's why face masks of any kind are banned in many places.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-09-2016, 10:39 AM
(14-09-2016 10:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 12:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  I ain't got data so I'm not watching the video but I understand Aussie law was changed after this incident. It's obviously ridiculous to expect to keep wearing a face covering when challenged by law enforcement, but there's a big difference between that and being banned from wearing it at all times.

How so? If you see a woman walking down the street wearing a burka, do you instantly become afraid of her?

I'm not very fussed by it in the least.

Again, anytime laws are written to limit the personal freedoms of indivuals, it emboldens them to react. It can be in the form of protest. It can also considered "radicalizing". It also happens very quickly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-09-2016, 10:41 AM
(14-09-2016 10:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 10:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  Not a big difference. Being able to commit crimes while being unidentifiable is a danger to society.

No, but so what? Consider

14-09-2016, 10:43 AM
(14-09-2016 10:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

How so? If you see a woman walking down the street wearing a burka, do you instantly become afraid of her?

You don't actually know it's a her, do you? Consider

Quote:I'm not very fussed by it in the least.

It's certainly not common around here, but it should not be allowed to become so.

Quote:Again, anytime laws are written to limit the personal freedoms of indivuals, it emboldens them to react. It can be in the form of protest. It can also considered "radicalizing". It also happens very quickly.

The law should be about any face covering, not just religious ones.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-09-2016, 11:11 AM
On the burqa, one of England's police chiefs seems to have said that Muslim police women can wear the burqa on duty.

Although I basically do not care who wears what I think this is a bad idea. I would prefer to see that face of any officer that stopped me for any reason. Would a woman in a full burqa have the same scope of view as a woman with no face covering.

If it is the standard all covering dress that disguises the woman's figure then it is going to be easy to grab and precludes the use of a utility belt. If it is worn with the standard trousers, shirt and stab proof vest then it is only doing half the job.

The niqab, with no loose bits that can be grabbed, is not a serious problem IMHO. Sikh officers have been allowed to wear turbans for as long as I can remember.

Not sure about now but when I was in Bahrein in the late 60s women were allowed to drive - but not when wearing the burqa for safety reasons. Though they had to wear it in public places. Facepalm

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post