Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(14-09-2016 10:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 10:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How so? If you see a woman walking down the street wearing a burka, do you instantly become afraid of her?

You don't actually know it's a her, do you? Consider

Quote:I'm not very fussed by it in the least.

It's certainly not common around here, but it should not be allowed to become so.

Quote:Again, anytime laws are written to limit the personal freedoms of indivuals, it emboldens them to react. It can be in the form of protest. It can also considered "radicalizing". It also happens very quickly.

The law should be about any face covering, not just religious ones.

I've seen a few here, again I'm not very fussed by it. Saw a woman just the other day in our grocery store. She had two children with her. I felt bad for her, not because she was covered from head to toe, but the looks she was getting from others. She's got every right to go about her business like anyone else -- regardless of what she wears.

Just like the purple haired chick, who's covered in tattoos snd had the nose ring, has the right to look anyway she chooses who rang up my purchases.

Again, anytime a law restricts what people perceive to be their personal feeedom, it only serves to emboldens them.

It also can often lead others to react even more strongly.

It happens very quickly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-09-2016, 11:25 AM
When comparing the drivers licence to the person, the officer must ask him or herself "Is the person represented on the license the same person who is driving ?"

Officer -"I can ticket you for driving without a license because the picture on the license does not match your current cloth facial mask or you can show me your face and confirm that you are the person on the license."

"Option two. I can detain you on suspicion of theft of this vehicle until I can speak with the person who owns it. The car is registered to a Ms. Jane Doe. The license you gave me says Ms. Jane Doe. Until I determine who you are, you are also under suspicion of kidnapping Ms. Jane Doe and stealing her ID."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
14-09-2016, 01:07 PM
All those ladies are such a menace. Good thing y'all have the second amendment.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-09-2016, 02:01 PM
Nobody cares what they think.
14-09-2016, 02:02 PM
(14-09-2016 02:01 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Nobody cares what they think.

And that bugs me a lot.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-09-2016, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 02:27 PM by Lucipurr.)
(14-09-2016 10:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How so? If you see a woman walking down the street wearing a burka, do you instantly become afraid of her?

I find it quite intimidating but I am really lucky compared to most to live in an area that doesn't have many Muslims in it. I remember they tried to build an Islamic centre quite near me but my area has a very high Protestant, and a fairly high Jewish population so it's safe to say it didn't happen.
14-09-2016, 03:16 PM
(14-09-2016 01:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  All those ladies are such a menace. Good thing y'all have the second amendment.

Who said the ladies are a menace? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2016, 03:29 PM
The thing is, the lawyer hit the nail on the head when he argued that the woman who filed the complaints against the officer wasn't his client. The woman who made the complaints wore a burka and there are no witnesses who can verify that the person who made the complaints and his client who was pulled over by the police are indeed the same person.

Judge talking to lawyer
J- "How do you know if your client and the person pulled over by the police are the same person ?"

L- "I believe they are the same person."
J- "I have no reason to believe they are the same person, therefore your presence here is moot. You may leave."

Judge - "We have an unidentified woman leaving this scene after arguing with a police officer. We have either the same unidentified woman or another unidentified woman filing complaints. We can't fully address those complaints until we can identify that person or persons. Any suggestions ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
14-09-2016, 04:10 PM
(14-09-2016 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 01:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  All those ladies are such a menace. Good thing y'all have the second amendment.

Who said the ladies are a menace? Consider

Well it sure seems like they are given that there's so much effort expended justifying why they shouldn't be allowed to dress how they like Dodgy

14-09-2016, 08:46 PM
(14-09-2016 04:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who said the ladies are a menace? Consider

Well it sure seems like they are given that there's so much effort expended justifying why they shouldn't be allowed to dress how they like Dodgy

Oh, for fuck's sake. Facepalm

If burkas are allowed, people up to no good can disguise themselves. Why is this so fucking hard to understand?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user