Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 05:18 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(16-09-2016 01:24 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 09:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  If someone wants to fit in in western society, she won't be wearing a burqa.

I use fitting in to mean maintaining a high level of anonymity in a crowd, rather than in the sense of assimilating into mainstream culture. By this usage, a Russian(without a burqa and no western culture) will fit anonymously into a typical crowd on Michigan Avenue. A person with a burqa, or even just an American Arab with a beard, while not unusual, will not be so anonymous. My real point was anonymity and I should have stressed that.

I took it that way and meant it that way.

Quote:
(16-09-2016 09:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Allowing the burqa to become commonplace provides greater opportunity for misuse.

Agreed. But is it really becoming commonplace?

Not in North America as far as I know. Let's not let it become commonplace.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2016, 06:33 AM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(16-09-2016 05:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 01:24 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I use fitting in to mean maintaining a high level of anonymity in a crowd, rather than in the sense of assimilating into mainstream culture. By this usage, a Russian(without a burqa and no western culture) will fit anonymously into a typical crowd on Michigan Avenue. A person with a burqa, or even just an American Arab with a beard, while not unusual, will not be so anonymous. My real point was anonymity and I should have stressed that.

I took it that way and meant it that way.

Quote:Agreed. But is it really becoming commonplace?

Not in North America as far as I know. Let's not let it become commonplace.

We must guard against the swart gevaar

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply