Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Muslim girl compares Switzerland to Saudi Arabia
(10-07-2016 10:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:38 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Hmmm. How do you feel about these beautiful pieces of garment?

[Image: 68g2rq.jpg]

It is not about burka, if the law says that you can't go around with your face covered, then you can't go around with your face covered, weather it is burka, balaklava or a KKK outfit, it applies to everybody.

I saw Klan members in full regalia when I lived in SC. The first time it happened I was stunned and shaken. I couldn't believe my eyes. Those getups signify nothing but hatred toward many groups of people.

When I moved here I started seeing a lot of women wearing head coverings of one level or another and also saw men in headwraps (turbans or whatever, I am not familiar with all the terms, please excuse my ignorance). There was a woman I used to see when I passed a bus stop who was in a full burka with even her eyes sheilded. So far the only thing that comes to my mind is 'damn, that's gotta be hot and uncomfortable'. I just don't feel the unease I felt when I saw Klansmen in their hoods and robes.

Everybody is more sensitive to the things that are closer to them both historically and in regards to the current situation.

If you saw somebody wearing swastika , you might find it distasteful or it might leave you completely indifferent, but a Jewish person will feel the same way you felt when seeing KKK members.

It's all relative , the same is with burka, people in Europe will be more sensitive to the signs of Islamic fundamentalism then people in US.

Like the beauty , dread is in the eye of the beholder.

Let me show you something....

[Image: 7LQfPdJ.jpg]

[Image: 0Gow9Zw.jpg]

Just a girl and a guy wearing silly hats, right?

And, for further reference , burka means that eyes are also covered , eyes visible is niqab

[Image: 9fklfjQ.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
10-07-2016, 12:50 PM
For me, it has absolutely nothing to do with Islam or anything.

It has to do with the fact that I have no idea who or what is under that cloth and whether I need to be scared or not. I need to see a face.

I am not a young, strapping male and I would be fairly defenseless in an attack. I have good enough reason to believe that an attack is not that far fetched an idea for a female in a park. If the hypothetical park I wanted to stroll in had masked people of any kind in it, I would not step into that park.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-07-2016, 01:58 PM
(10-07-2016 12:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  It has to do with the fact that I have no idea who or what is under that cloth and whether I need to be scared or not. I need to see a face.

I am not a young, strapping male and I would be fairly defenseless in an attack. I have good enough reason to believe that an attack is not that far fetched an idea for a female in a park. If the hypothetical park I wanted to stroll in had masked people of any kind in it, I would not step into that park.
But aren't the burka covered women generally accompanied by a male of some sorts. A male without a face covering.

I'd be far more worried about people carrying loaded guns than a woman with her face covered by some cloth.

If you are a "defensless" woman scared of going to the park, then it really doesn't matter if people are wearing face coverings or not.

Be safe smart. Make sure you are in well lit areas, make sure other people are around, be weary of bushes or areas where you can be nabbed. Take a companion.

How many people have been mugged by a seemingly woman in a burka?
10-07-2016, 02:08 PM
(10-07-2016 01:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 12:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  It has to do with the fact that I have no idea who or what is under that cloth and whether I need to be scared or not. I need to see a face.

But aren't the burka covered women generally accompanied by a male of some sorts. A male without a face covering.

I'd be far more worried about people carrying loaded guns than a woman with her face covered by some cloth.

If you are a "defensless" woman scared of going to the park, then it really doesn't matter if people are wearing face coverings or not.

Be safe smart. Make sure you are in well lit areas, make sure other people are around, be weary of bushes or areas where you can be nabbed. Take a companion.

You don't know if it's a woman or a man, and you don't know if they have weapons. You can't see shit.

Let's just all wear masks and wide coats when we go out...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
(10-07-2016 02:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 01:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But aren't the burka covered women generally accompanied by a male of some sorts. A male without a face covering.

You don't know if it's a woman or a man, and you don't know if they have weapons. You can't see shit.

Then treat them as if they are a man. In USA I'd say treat them as if they are carrying a gun. Treat them a potential threat. Same as if you see a man his own. Keep your distance, stay in well lit areas, etc
10-07-2016, 02:13 PM
(10-07-2016 02:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 02:08 PM)Dom Wrote:  You don't know if it's a woman or a man, and you don't know if they have weapons. You can't see shit.

Then treat them as if they are a man. In USA I'd say treat them as if they are carrying a gun. Treat them a potential threat. Same as if you see a man his own. Keep your distance, stay in well lit areas, etc

Men wearing masks and wide coats....no thanks, I don't deserve to have to fearfully scurry through a park, the point of a park is peace and relaxation.

10-07-2016, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 02:25 PM by morondog.)
It's a question of *is* public safety really increased by a ban on burqas, and *if* that is the case, then *is* the safety gain worth the loss of rights to the individuals who are affected by it. If criminals make use of a burqa to commit a crime, sure that's reprehensible but it's like banning McDonalds because criminals eat there too. If on the other hand there's an epidemic of burqa wearing criminals such that a ban while draconian is a sane measure to prevent the crime, then yeah, I'd say the law is justified. If it's just a measure to prevent hypothetical crimes then I want to know why the fine is set so high, and how did the authorities decide that these crimes were dire enough of a threat that they introduced the ban.

So... since the Swiss have taken this measure, I expect that they have actually got some data to back up their reasons for introducing the ban...

To me though, it stinks of politicians thinking "we've got to be seen to be doing something about terrorism, banning wearing of Islamic dress is one of the most visible things that will cause huge arguments and be a very popular move, and will not affect me getting elected very much. Hmm. Now I need to word this in a way which doesn't incriminate me for religious discrimination but simultaneously *does* show exactly what I'm doing."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-07-2016, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 02:22 PM by Dom.)
None of that helps the fact that I have to now deal with unidentifiable people running around in masks and wide coats.

You can't really be so dense that you do not see that this causes real and justified fear.

Like I said, let's just all wear masks and wide coats. Don't tell me that would not be disconcerting.

10-07-2016, 02:36 PM
(10-07-2016 02:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  None of that helps the fact that I have to now deal with unidentifiable people running around in masks and wide coats.

You can't really be so dense that you do not see that this causes real and justified fear.

Like I said, let's just all wear masks and wide coats. Don't tell me that would not be disconcerting.

I understand your issues. But I don't think that justifies a law against such things.
Laws against knives and guns, sure.
But laws against burqas, or masks or hoodies? Nah, just keep your distance from people that seem suspect.
10-07-2016, 03:00 PM
(10-07-2016 02:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  None of that helps the fact that I have to now deal with unidentifiable people running around in masks and wide coats.

You find it scary, others not. Shall we cheerfully introduce laws that everything that people find scary we will ban? I'm asking where the justification *is* for that fear?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.