Muslim march through Birmingham.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: Muslim march through Birmingham.
(28-11-2014 11:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 11:01 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  These things never get into the news, but they happen all the time. Literally every single day in Leeds there are problems with Islamic 'protestors', and they have a bit of a riot every saturday night in protest to people drinking alcohol, but you never see it reported. Luckily though we have Youtube now and everyone has a phone with a camera in it, so we can see these things happening even if the entire of news media doesn't want us to know about it.

Yes. There is a conspiracy by the entirety of the news media. Seems legit.

You could make dismissive straw men, or you could do a youtube search and see what's going on, then compare it to all of the news sites in the area. One of course is easy, but the other requires a little bit of effort. Maybe just take the easy road because that's what everyone does now, because fuck looking at the evidence.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 12:03 PM
(28-11-2014 12:01 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 11:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes. There is a conspiracy by the entirety of the news media. Seems legit.

You could make dismissive straw men, or you could do a youtube search and see what's going on, then compare it to all of the news sites in the area. One of course is easy, but the other requires a little bit of effort. Maybe just take the easy road because that's what everyone does now, because fuck looking at the evidence.

Then show us the evidence. Claiming that there is evidence is not evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2014, 12:06 PM
(28-11-2014 12:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 12:01 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  You could make dismissive straw men, or you could do a youtube search and see what's going on, then compare it to all of the news sites in the area. One of course is easy, but the other requires a little bit of effort. Maybe just take the easy road because that's what everyone does now, because fuck looking at the evidence.

Then show us the evidence. Claiming that there is evidence is not evidence.

Well as you might have noticed if you read the thread, the event in the OP, while clearly happening and there is a video of it, has no news articles about it. That is one example right there, already here.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
(28-11-2014 11:01 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  These things never get into the news, but they happen all the time. Literally every single day in Leeds there are problems with Islamic 'protestors', and they have a bit of a riot every saturday night in protest to people drinking alcohol, but you never see it reported. Luckily though we have Youtube now and everyone has a phone with a camera in it, so we can see these things happening even if the entire of news media doesn't want us to know about it.

Well as you might have noticed if you read the thread, the event in the OP, while clearly happening and there is a video of it, has no news articles about it. That is one example right there, already here.

All the time? Every day?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28-11-2014 11:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes. There is a conspiracy by the entirety of the news media. Seems legit.

You could make dismissive straw men, or you could do a youtube search and see what's going on, then compare it to all of the news sites in the area.

Nah. You have to provide sufficient evidence that doesn't boil down to YouTube videos that can be staged, mislabeled, mistranslated, or entirely fictitious.

Reason why I doubt a conspiracy to cover it up exists is because violence and murder attracts the media like flowers to bees, and these conspiracies seems to encourage xenophobia and anti-Islamic sentiments against any Muslim, even if they are moderates who don't impose their will or law on others or follow extreme interpretations of the Koran to a T. For example, the thing OP heard from a friend about death to kaffirs and so on was entirely made up, but some believe it at face value.
[+] 2 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post

You could make dismissive straw men...

"Straw man", eh?

So, what you literally just said counts as a straw man when I refer back to it, now?

Interesting.

(28-11-2014 12:01 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  ... or you could do a youtube search and see what's going on, then compare it to all of the news sites in the area. One of course is easy, but the other requires a little bit of effort. Maybe just take the easy road because that's what everyone does now, because fuck looking at the evidence.

Yep, you caught me. I'm totally part of the all-consuming conspiracy against you.

Hint: a brief clip with no context is not evidence of anything.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
28-11-2014, 12:12 PM
So unless I can take you personally to one of the common muslim riots you will not believe it? I don't know what else I can do except for showing videos, but if that is not enough then I'm obviously far below your standard of evidence.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
28-11-2014, 12:17 PM
(28-11-2014 12:12 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  So unless I can take you personally to one of the common muslim riots you will not believe it? I don't know what else I can do except for showing videos, but if that is not enough then I'm obviously far below your standard of evidence.

By no sane sense could the video in the OP be called a "muslim riot". So there's that.

Nor have you actually shown me any videos. So yes, the entirety of the nothing you've presented does so far fall below my standard of evidence.

Do you have any instances of a riot occurring and being totally unreported by all relevant media - and not just unremarked upon, but wilfully suppressed as you have explicitly alleged?

[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
28-11-2014, 12:23 PM

Or you could post some links for us to watch. I'm not finding much other than the stuff already in the mainstream media or a couple of marches with no context. The only clips I'm coming across are from people with an obvious axe to grind (e.g by someone called English Crusader, or some bloke being interviewed who is already known by the locals).
28-11-2014, 12:27 PM
(28-11-2014 12:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Or you could post some links for us to watch. I'm not finding much other than the stuff already in the mainstream media or a couple of marches with no context. The only clips I'm coming across are from people with an obvious axe to grind (e.g by someone called English Crusader, or some bloke being interviewed who is already known by the locals).

Uh oh, Mathilda. Sounds like you're as bad as me!
(28-11-2014 12:01 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Maybe just take the easy road because that's what everyone does now, because fuck looking at the evidence.

I mean, we all know deep down it's our job to substantiate his claims, right?