Muslim march through Birmingham.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Muslim march through Birmingham.
(27-11-2014 02:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  My first thought was 'I didn't think we had enough Muslims in Birmingham for a full blown march - I would expect the klan to counterprotest and all sorts of racist craziness to ensue.'

Apparently it's Birmingham, England. Y'all have fun with that.

Mathilda - I like you're thinking. Counterprotest nearly naked. Big Grin

I support this thinking! Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Sounded pretty aggro!
At least they weren't carrying buckets.Unsure
29-11-2014, 07:12 AM
(28-11-2014 12:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, and I suppose I could point out: the audio in the OP's post doesn't match the feed. The video skips; the audio doesn't. The sound quality is isolated and mic'd - the video is from a handheld. The audio has a crowd response - the video has people who aren't shouting. The speaker's audio is fixed - the video displays a procession.

Seems legit.

And anybody who actually listened to it would notice that the word kaffir isn't even spoken.

So there's that.

For some reason I'm now very curious what "source" the OP got this from...

I already explained the source isn't credible and apologized.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
29-11-2014, 07:23 AM
(28-11-2014 01:24 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Also to point out, all those YouTube videos have comments with a hard bent against Muslims in general, anti-immigration, etc. And, the title of the first video link is inflammatory (Savage Muslims destroying Paris).

Recent xenophobia in Europe are caused by these events and made worse by extremes stirring the pot and making it look like it's all the Muslims doing this. The commentary you have made here echoes that conspiracy and paranoid mindset (they will impose Sharia law, etc). It scares me because many immigrants aren't here to cause destruction or impose their religion on others; they want to escape from the oppressive regimes and miserable lifestyles they were under in places like Syria, Iraq, Iran, Palestine, and so forth. But then they run into people who judge them based solely on what few people who share their religion have done.

Xenophobia is a major problem but it is not xenophobic to dislike and voice opposite opinions towards those of another religion. Religions aren't countries. It's also not helped when the government and groups like Unite Against Fascism (one of the most fascist groups in England) are giving people like Anjem Choudaray a platform to spread extremism from.

I love how pluralist Britain is and how multicultural it's becoming and I agree they don't come to cause any type of hate from my experience. You need to separate xenophobia from disliking a religion though, they are not the same thing.

Btw There has been the imposing of Sharia that our government granted and but they're only allowed to enforce it within their own communities and within the law of our land which I don't have a problem with.

But I think a point you were touching upon is that there ARE right wing imbeciles that give a bad name to the people who have intelligent debates against religion. For example anybody who talks bad about Islam nowadays is automatically labeled as a bigot, racist, BNP supporting cunt.

29-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Criticism of religion is different than hating them, I agree. I was pointing out how there are a group of people that blanket all Muslims as extremists, which is really unfair and propels the anti immigration and anti-Islamic aspects in small parts of Europe. And by anti-Islamic, I don't mean criticism, I mean more along the lines of, "Get your burka out of our country!"
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
29-11-2014, 10:32 AM
(29-11-2014 07:44 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Criticism of religion is different than hating them, I agree. I was pointing out how there are a group of people that blanket all Muslims as extremists, which is really unfair and propels the anti immigration and anti-Islamic aspects in small parts of Europe. And by anti-Islamic, I don't mean criticism, I mean more along the lines of, "Get your burka out of our country!"

Agreed!